2016 Mofo Film Awards - The Nominations

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm hoping the I, Daniel Blake buzz will get it a Best Film nom but that's probably wishful thinking.
A few surprising candidates in multiple categories. More lists coming in near the deadline should make things a bit more interesting.

My list will probably be very near the deadline, but I'm definitely getting one in.

I haven't seen most of the Oscar films, and have little interest in doing so, so I imagine there won't be too much crossover in my nominations and the Oscars.

It looks like Elle is getting rereleased into a lot of theaters around me, so I'm definitely going to watch that this week too. I've really wanted to watch that one.

Welcome to the human race...
I've started drafting my list. There are a few films I still want to see (mainly Under the Shadow and The Red Turtle) but unless they or the other ones I have in mind really blow me away I figure I'm ready to start shortlisting. Still trying to distinguish which 2015 films count as 2016 ones, which is always a bit tough when re-checking my ratings.

I've started drafting my list. There are a few films I still want to see (mainly Under the Shadow and The Red Turtle) but unless they or the other ones I have in mind really blow me away I figure I'm ready to start shortlisting. Still trying to distinguish which 2015 films count as 2016 ones, which is always a bit tough when re-checking my ratings.
It's also tough when someone lives on the other side of the world and sees films released in a completely different year!!!!

Green Room (2015)
The Witch (2015)
Eye in the Sky (2015)
Maggie's Plan (2015)

...and The Lobster (2015)? I personally nominated it last year for:
Best Film of The Year
Best Director of the Year
Best Screenplay of the Year
Best Cinematography of the Year

...so I'm not nominating it gain.

Welcome to the human race...
I tend to go off whatever the widest release date ends up being, so I know to count The Revenant as 2015 and Green Room as 2016.

Green Room (2015)
The Witch (2015)
Eye in the Sky (2015)
Maggie's Plan (2015)

...and The Lobster (2015)? I personally nominated it last year for:
Best Film of The Year
Best Director of the Year
Best Screenplay of the Year
Best Cinematography of the Year

...so I'm not nominating it gain.

A bunch of films are listed as 2015 releases, due to small theatrical runs before opening WIDE in the later year. The Lobster came out at TIFF and Cannes in 2015, but was officially released in 2016.

Originally scheduled for an 11 March 2016 release, it was re-scheduled to 13 May 2016. - Wikipedia

Green Room - The film had its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival on May 17, 2015.[16] Shortly after, it was announced A24 Films had acquired distribution rights to the film.[17] The film screened on opening night of the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival, on September 10, 2015. The film was originally to open in a limited release on April 1, 2016, before opening in a wide release on April 15, 2016.[19] However, it was moved to April 15, in limited release, and May 13 wide

The Witch - An international co-production of the United States and Canada, the film premiered at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival on January 27, 2015 and was widely released by A24 on February 19, 2016

Eye in the Sky - The film premiered at the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival on 11 September 2015. Bleecker Street distributed the film in cinemas in the United States with a limited release on 11 March 2016 and then a wide release on 1 April.

Maggie's Plan - The film had its world premiere at the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival on September 12, 2015.[3][4] Sony Pictures Classics released the film on May 20, 2016

So in my opinion, all those films are eligible.

Legend in my own mind
Almost done. Will be sent tomorrow.

@TheUsualSuspect did you get my addition to my list? I initially didn't have any picks for Best Supporting Actor but I sent one in a little while later.
I sure did!!!! Made the adjustments as soon as you sent it.

We have 14 lists so far. Last year we had 20. Let's try and break that.