User Tagging

Tools    

Woooo good on @MissVicky. I like to see you squirm a lil bit.

Oh, must have spelt her name wrong.
She has a space in there, so you'll want to use the MENTION tag, either manually, or with the button on the editor, as described in the OP:

There are some edge cases, like Little Devil above: because he has a space in his name, I had to use the MENTION tag, which works like you'd expect: [*MENTION][/MENTION*], without the asterisks. Or you can click the new Mention button on the editor: to insert the code automatically.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
She has a space in there, so you'll want to use the MENTION tag, either manually, or with the button on the editor, as described in the OP:
Oh i forgot about that because I dubbed her MistressV. (she has a very cool bull whip).

It's kinda like a quick intercom system. A way to get people to look at the thread you want them in.

This function is already being abused, I think that's a record.
@Sexy Celebrity is creating a skirmish in the other thread. this thread is innocent. People are just testing it out

@AdamUpBxtch

This function is already being abused
Good. All the new IMDB people will feel right at home.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
so if you tag someone by quoting someone else who tagged them, will they get that notification?

for example, let's say i tag Dani8 in a post, and then someone quotes me, leaving the part where i tagged him in. would Dani get a notification for that one, too?

just curious... trying to find flaws

cool feature tho, especially for quoting notifications!

so if you tag someone by quoting someone else who tagged them, will they get that notification?

for example, let's say i tag Dani8 in a post, and then someone quotes me, leaving the part where i tagged him in. would Dani get a notification for that one, too?

Good question, MsAsh. I was wondering this as well. I think it only notifies the person quoted.

That's a great question. I don't know! I would guess not, because most of this modification seems pretty well thought out (I've tweaked and added some things, but the core functionality was written by someone else). But if someone can test to confirm, that'd be great.

In all seriousness, I appreciate it. It's very helpful.

Yeah, the tagging is a nice improvement, but the quote notification thing is a big deal. Should've had that forever ago.

The kids revved up on red cordial will soon settle...or SC will break it and cry like on xmas day.

If I tag someone like 20 times in the same post, will they get 20 notifications or just 1?

Just in case I want to irritate a certain Glaswegian.
I think it should just be the one. As far as I can tell, all the really obvious potential abuses are accounted for.

One little quirk is that if someone quotes you AND tags you, it'll say you have two mentions but it'll only display one on the Mentions page. That's a pretty minor issue, but I might try to fix it anyway.

@Yoda someone other than Yoda quote this then to see if it works.
Done

@Sexy Celebrity is creating a skirmish in the other thread. this thread is innocent. People are just testing it out

@AdamUpBxtch
I'm not talking about the mentioning itself, @The Rodent totally used that code from the other thread and put an "@" in front of it lol

Been here for 2 years and I still don't know that bccode