Favorite transgender performance

Tools    

Wondering what everyone's favorite performance is by an actor playing someone of the opposite sex or pretending to be someone of the opposite sex and what t their least favorite performance is of same. I'll start:
I think for me it's Steven Mackintosh in Different for Girls, where he plays a post-op transsexual woman. It's a very light and humorous film but irrespective of that it must have been a challenge for Mackintosh to play the character and he's fearless about it.

Least favourite I'm really struggling to think of one.

Michael Fassbender does some interesting things in Prometheus where David takes on a kind of neutral gender at times.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Asanee Suwan, who is a Muay Thai kickboxer in real life, was great in his film debut in the role of real life transgendered kickboxing champion Nong Toom in 2003's Beautiful Boxer. The real Nong Toom even made a cameo in the biopic.

Here is Suwan with the real Nong Toom at the film's premiere

[quote=Nausicaä;940147]I thought Glenn Close was excellent and rather sweet in Albert Nobbs:

Also this Spanish film is amazing, Inés Efron in XXY:

I started to watch this and turned it off almost immediately, but I plan to give it another shot.

[quote=Gideon58;1640559]
I thought Glenn Close was excellent and rather sweet in Albert Nobbs:

I started to watch this and turned it off almost immediately, but I plan to give it another shot.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Terrence Stamp as mentioned above in Priscilla and more recently Eddie Redmayne in Danish Girl.