R.I.P. John Hurt

Tools    

Great actor. Particularly loved his voice. I can read anything in his voice.

RIP.
I liked that Harry Potter behind-the-scenes clip where Daniel Radcliffe said he would teach his kids to say "Am I not a god?" like John Hurt as Caligula. And Gary Oldman replied "They will anyway" .

Rip da man. I like his character in stephen frears's The Hit.
I love that as well – funny how he and Tim Roth ended up as another double act in Rob Roy.

This is very sad...a wonderful actor who never became the household name he deserved to be...he was brilliant and heartbreaking in The Elephant Man, loved him in Midnight Express too. Also loved him in a 1982 comedy that nobody saw called Partners. RIP.

This is very sad...a wonderful actor who never became the household name he deserved to be...he was brilliant and heartbreaking in The Elephant Man, loved him in Midnight Express too. Also loved him in a 1982 comedy that nobody saw called Partners. RIP.
I saw a bit of Midnight Express again recently – he was incredible and Jamie Lee Curtis mentioned that in particular today in her memorial tweet.

2016 was bad... but f*ck you, 2017.

I hope this isn't going to be a trend again this year.

I loved John Hurt... never saw him in a bad performance. Alien and 10 Rillington Place are two of my favourite roles of his.

Man, so many great performances from this fine actor: The Elephant Man; Alien; Scandal; Midnight Express; I, Claudius; A Man For All Seasons, etc. etc.

Godspeed, John

A great actor for sure, he has 204 acting credits! Some of my favorites movies of his in no particular order:

A Man for All Seasons
Heaven's Gate
The Elephant Man
Alien
Spaceballs
Dead Man
V for Vendetta
Melancholia
Jayne Mansfield's Car
Snowpiercer

Just read the news that Peter Capaldi is leaving Doctor Who and it's so weird that ultimately John Hurt almost heralded the beginning and end of Capaldi's time on the show. It's a shame for Capaldi that Paul McGann's return, as well as Hurt's introduction as a new Doctor, somewhat overshadowed his arrival as the new lead actor.

That's right! He played Jesus!
Yeah, he seemed to have a bit of an association with Mel Brooks at that time, given that Brooks produced The Elephant Man as well.