Richard Donner To Revive Films??

Tools    

HOLLYWOOD -- Richard Donner has a few lethal ideas to help revive some of his most successful films.

Donner, who directed all four of the Lethal Weapon movies, feels there's still life in the franchise that has netted more than a billion dollars worldwide.

"I have the story in my head for a fifth and final Lethal Weapon, but it's all up to Mel Gibson," says Donner, who directed Paul Walker in the time travel adventure Timeline that opens Nov. 26.

"It would be 24 hours in the lives of Riggs (Gibson) and Murtaugh (Danny Glover). The last couple of times I talked to Mel, it really seemed he was interested in doing one more.

"I really want to put the franchise to bed properly."

In 1985, two years before he scored with Lethal Weapon, Donner directed the family adventure movie The Goonies.

Donner says Steven Spielberg, who wrote and produced Goonies, "definitely wants to do a sequel.

"Our idea is to bring back some of the original Goonies, including Sean Astin, Josh Brolin and Corey Feldman, and team them up with some new young actors."

What do you guys think of this?? I personally liked most of the Lethal Weapon movies. And I loved The Goonies! LOL!! When I was a kid, I would always watch The Goonies. I think it would be interesting to see him attempt these. What are your thoughts??

Leathal Weapon...no.

Goonies...yes.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Leathal Weapon...no.

Goonies...yes.

Actually I agree with you. Although I liked most of the Lethal Weapon movies, the series was getting stale and tired at the 4th one. But for sure The Goonies. That would be a blast to watch!!

I could be wrong but I thought that Donner and co. has now purchased a script for the sequel to the Goonies. But that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be made anytime soon.

I think the Leathal Weapon idea is a bit too vague for me to disagree with, but I think they're getting a bit too old for more action flicks.

The Goonies idea is very interesting, and I would definately want to see that! I love the movie, and a second one would be a great experience. . .if done the way the first one was.
And found he was eating his shoe.

I heard they are going to use the same cast from the original Goonies....which makes me curious about the plot. Anyone know any script details?

Timeline comes out tomorrow so we will get to see some of Donner's work very soon...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/Timeline-1127659/
That isn't a good sign so far. I don't know if you guys check out this website, but I check it often. I like the fact that they give you a broad spectrum of reviews from all over. Instead of one biased review, you get an average from all the reviews they find from TV, paper media (magazines, newspapers, etc..), and the internet. I was hoping this would be a good movie. And it still might be. If anybody sees it, let us know! Thanx!

Hi
Ugh the Timeline trailer is the my most feared moment whenever I go to the theatre..

Really? I think it might turn out to be a decent movie. I mean, I am not talking award worthy, but a entertaining two hours at the theater. I can't imagine it is that bad with Donner and Crichton involved. Both have pretty solid resumes.

The only thing about Timeline that I'm not so sure about thus far is the Paul Walker factor. But who knows maybe he won't be annoying in this.

Originally Posted by Katilee
Really? I think it might turn out to be a decent movie. I mean, I am not talking award worthy, but a entertaining two hours at the theater. I can't imagine it is that bad with Donner and Crichton involved. Both have pretty solid resumes.
I saw it last night. Another Crichton book butchered.

Only for the weak
I've read a ton of bad reviews for it(Timeline) already.

A Goonies sequel would be sweet lol. And while I liked basically all of the Lethal Weapons, I think they should let the series rest in peace.