Movies About Music

Tools    

What are your favorite movies that have something to do with music?

Amadeus
This Is Spinal Tap
The Song Remains The Same
Led Zeppelin
A Mighty Wind

Oh, and Chicago was okay.

Only for the weak
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Pink Floyd - Live at Pompelli(It's not really just a concert)

Almost Famous

"We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine."
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
"We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine."
Good point. All of the Beatles' movies kicked ass.

Originally Posted by Garrett
Good point. All of the Beatles' movies kicked ass.
Yellow Submarine wasn't really a Beatle's movie though. It was a contractual thing, they didn't do the voices for it at all. They just released the music to be used. I still love it.

Heavy Metal
The Wall
Yellow Submarine

When I was in the Army, I had a 'trip' tape with all three of these on it. It was a great way to fry. Of course, those days are long gone now...

The Doors
Almost Famous
The Wall
La Bamba
Amadeus
This Is Spinal Tap
Coal Miner’s Daughter
That Thing You Do
Yellow Submarine
What’s Love Got to Do With It
Great Balls of Fire
The Buddy Holly Story

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Yellow Submarine wasn't really a Beatle's movie though. It was a contractual thing, they didn't do the voices for it at all. They just released the music to be used. I still love it.
And the characters were obviously supposed to be "the beatles". Anyway, I still concider it a Beatles film.

A Mighty Wind is hilarious
This is Spinal Tap
The Wall
The Doors
Yellow Submarine
Hard Day's Night
and oh yeah. . .THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME!
And found he was eating his shoe.

Kiss vs The Phantom Of The Park

And the characters were obviously supposed to be "the beatles". Anyway, I still concider it a Beatles film.
I didn't mean it wasn't a Beatles movie, I just meant that they weren't a part of it other than allowing it to be made.

EDIT: I guess I did say it wasn't really a Beatle's movie, that's not quite what I meant.

Put me in your pocket...
Together
A Mighty Wind
The Red Violin

Nice choices' Cait...I forgot about Coal Miner’s Daughter and That Thing You Do.

Kiss vs The Phantom Of The Park
I LOVE KISS but. . .why? I mean KISS is my second fav. band, but. . .why? You can see this from my signature, but. . .why?

WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
I LOVE KISS but. . .why? I mean KISS is my second fav. band, but. . .why?
((KISS ties with Led Zeppelin, but let's not get off-topic))

Sure, it's probably bad. It's one of those movies I want to see just to know how bad it is.

oh yeah.
Trick Or Treat. With Ozzy Osbourne as that preacher...classic.

I must become Caligari..!
The Fith And The Fury 2000
The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle 1980
Elvis 1979
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

I am having a nervous breakdance

Hmm.. This just turned kind of similar to another thread I know.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I heard there was this version of Kiss vs the Phantom of the Park that if you watch it, then Ringo Star calls you and seven days later, you become a folk rolk fan....

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Jeava
I heard there was this version of Kiss vs the Phantom of the Park that if you watch it, then Ringo Star calls you and seven days later, you become a folk rolk fan....
It's true. I love folk rolk.

I liked Almost Famous, The Doors, High Fidelity and Empire Records. I don't know if the last two anyone would consider music movies, but i think they are in that league, because in all these movies, music effects these people's lives, either with them making it or listening to it.
I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice, but still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess i just miss my friend- (THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION)

I liked Grease when i was younger, but find it hard to watch now, not sure why.