16.13%
5 votes
Transformers
12.90%
4 votes
The Island
31 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Bad Boys I watched on video and found amusing, but II, no. The only Bay film I've even seen at the theatre is The Rock.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Transformers just pips the Rock for me.

I think I'll start a new thread, "Ed Wood's Best Movie".

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Ed Wood's best movie was Plan 9! And it was about on a par with any Michael Bay flick, he just didn't have access to big stars or special effects.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
I can see Plan 9 being remade in my head already. Explosions, spaceships, a popular rap song playing, explosions, spaceship, then more explosions.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
The Rock, with Bad Boys II coming in at a close second...

Not only is Sean Connery great but I can actually stomach Nicholas Cage in The Rock, which is a rarity.

Welcome to the human race...
Let's see...Plan 9 From Outer Space featured a ridiculous premise built around implausible science that served as a vehicle for laughable performances and conspicuous use of special effects. Sounds like your average Michael Bay movie anyway.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Since this apparently isn't a trick question, I would have to pick The Rock.

Alright, I'm man enough to admit when I was wrong. However, I'll say in my defense that when I said he hasn't made a good film I hadn't seen Transformers: Dark of the Moon yet.

That said, Transformers 3 isn't even an option in the poll! Crap!

I watched Transformers 3 last night with my kids expecting more of the same extremely stupid crap like the first two films. Instead I got a slightly toned down and tamer version of Michael Bay than I have ever seen, a plot that, while simple, actually made sense, and a two and a half hour action film that never felt boring or padded! What the hell?!? Where did this film come from?

Transformers: Dark of the Moon is not only his best film, but it's the only Bay film that I actually want to watch again! It played like a live action version of the Transformers cartoon, which is what I've always wanted from the films. The story was slim enough that it never got convoluted like the second one, but it still had enough of a story to keep me interested (of course that story was paper thin, but it was still there). The action was pretty good, but it should be since that's the only thing Bay has ever done well.

Anyway, I was wrong, he has made at least one decent film. The rest are all crap.

I voted Pearl Harbor. I quite love that movie. It stays accurate to History and really pulls you into the story of it all.
Well, I wouldn't call it "accurate"... See here. My favorite is the quote from the man who was actually there: "a piece of trash... over-sensationalized and distorted".

Plus there's the fact that it doesn't quite capture the horror of combat the way better war films do.

that's what she said...
Well........ I loved the movie anyways. It touched me emotionally and as I recall it kept me on the edge of my seat. True there are better war movies, I just think this is Michael Bay's best to me.

I just hate that Bay turned the most damaging attack on US soil by outside forces prior to 9-11 into flag-waving melodrama on par with daytime soap opera's and high school theater.

Compare it to Saving Private Ryan, a fictional tale set within the very real invasion of Normandy. The story itself is made up, but the human elements feel real and the recreation of the war was so accurate that WWII Vets cried when they watched the film, not blatantly insult it.

I'm not trying to say you shouldn't like it, what I'm saying is Bay should never, ever attempt to recreate history again.