Harvey Weinsteins rape conviction overturned in New York

Tools    

It's not like he's going to suddenly be a free man:

Weinstein, the Oscar-winning producer of “Shakespeare in Love” and “Good Will Hunting,” is serving a 23-year sentence at the Mohawk Correctional Facility, a medium-security prison in Rome, N.Y. He will remain imprisoned as he was also convicted of rape in Los Angeles in 2022 and sentenced to an additional 16 years in prison.
No matter what happens with the NY case, chances are still he will die in prison.

It's not like he's going to suddenly be a free man:

No matter what happens with the NY case, chances are still he will die in prison.
Well good.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...c6f674fd&ei=10

I think this is bullcrap. The law just seems like a word game lawyers play to prevent justice nowadays.
How's that any different to how it was before? It's been that throughout my lifetime and the art of previous decades, even centuries will tell you the same. Justice and the law aren't the same thing and haven't really been since shortly laws were introduced.

How's that any different to how it was before? It's been that throughout my lifetime and the art of previous decades, even centuries will tell you the same. Justice and the law aren't the same thing and haven't really been since shortly laws were introduced.
Hm. Youre right. Sigh.

If there's still a reasonably good chance Weinstein will die in prison, I'd say that's the best outcome we could have hoped for.

Well, obviously it would have been better if he hadn't been such a monster to begin with!

*sad trombone*

I hope that was some higher power going 'nope'
If there is a higher power, I hope it will make Weinstein's remaining years on Earth as excruciatingly painful as it is humanly possible.

If there is a higher power, I hope it will make Weinstein's remaining years on Earth as excruciatingly painful as it is humanly possible.

I'm not into revenge or deliberately inflicting pain on anyone, no matter how terrible they are. But, I've got to admit, if he had dropped dead a few hours after he was given some hope that he might one day get out of prison, that would have felt pretty perfect.

That's not how pardons work.

Please stop the absurdity. A president cannot pardon anybody for state crimes. It's just that simple.