Jupiter Ascending

Tools    

Can we all just agree that the Wachowskis are a one-hit-wonder directing duo?

This news just broke.

I can buy that the effects for this movie weren't completed, but, given their track record, could this have been the actions of a nervous studio who is losing faith in the people who gave them The Matrix?

To be honest, Jupiter Ascending looks like The Matrix formula replacing robots and Reeves with aliens and Kunis. I'm just not interested in this film at all.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I wouldn't say the Matrix is the Wachowski's only good movie or even that good of a film but maybe I'm just weird. I hadn't heard of JA until now but pushing it to February doesn't sound like good news since that's generally where blockbusters go to die. Still Mina Kunis is a lot more fun to watch than Keanu Reeves so that's something.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I thought this would of had a summer slot if im honest but being pushed back to Feb is worrying. I do like the look of this though so hopefully it will be a decent watch.

Seeing as how Bound and Cloud Atlas were really impressive from a direction standpoint alone, no, not really
I remember watching Bound years ago and not being impressed. I've not watched Cloud Atlas. It's sitting on my shelf from Netflix and has been for about 2 weeks...

You ready? You look ready.
One hit wonder? Heck no.

Cloud Atlas is easily one of my favorite sci-fi flicks.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza