The Devil's Favorite

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
Satan is in his den right now, thinking about his favorite 10 movies of all time. He is also thinking of 10 of his least favorite movies. Which films do you think made his lists?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

I am having a nervous breakdance
Great topic! But I really have to think about that one for a while. I'll get back to you.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Some of my thoughts....

He should love The Omen, in which his son causes havok.
He should also like Rosmary's Baby, which also features his son.

Oh.

He must love The Devil's Advocate too, because everyone loves the thought of being played by Al Pacino...

Put me in your pocket...
Ok...I'm tired and probably shouldn't be posting right now but...also...

Among his favorites:..... The Red Shoe Diaries series...

Among his least favorite:...The Ten Commandments, The Robe and Jesus Christ Superstar.

Excuse me...after a long afternoon and evening with my mother-inlaw...I need another drink.

My life isn't written very well.
OK guys, I'll give you what I think the Devil's favorites are:

1) "The Last Temptation of Christ"

2) "The Seventh Seal"

3) "The Evil Dead"

4) "Caligula"

5) "Legend"

6) "Bad Lieutenant"

7) "Se7en"

8) "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

9) "God Told Me To" (If you've never seen this; find it, watch it--fast!)

10) "Firestarter"

I'm working on the 10 worst list.

I suppose that Satan would have favorites that glorify sins that are acceptable to today's society. Another thing he would like are things that are blasphemous towards God. With that said, I suppose that these movies could be his favorites:

1. Porky's (1981)
"What's better than drinking, swearing, and being sexually obsessed."

2. Harry Potter and the Scorcerer's Stone (2001)
"Witchcraft and scorcery are good things kiddies."

3. Jeffrey (1995)
"Gay love is okay, it's not a sin."

4. Jesus Christ Superstar (1973)
"Ha-Ha, I love it when you human's piss God off like this...heehee"

5. The Last Temptation of Christ (1988)
"It could of happened like that, really."

6. Lolita (1997)
God doesn't care if you have sex with kids, honest."

7. Pulp Fiction (1994)
"Isn't gratuitous violence cool?"

8. Natural Born Killers (1994)
"Isn't gratuitous violence cool? Oh, I said that already."

9. Half Baked (1998)
"Not only are drugs cool, but when you use them, you're funny as he...never mind."

10. Dogma (1999)
"God loves this movie, I just know He does."

I personally am not a religious person, but I've been around plenty that have. So don't get mad at me because these are not my particular beliefs.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I’d have to agree with r66 and LordSlaytan’s lists and what about Angel Heart… wasn’t that about the devil? (I really need to re-watch some movies)

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I think Satan probably really LOVES Titanic (1996). Hell, everybody else seems to.

Also, Adam Sandler totally makes Satan laugh...except for Little Nicky (2000) of course. It's not the subject matter or the casting of Harvey Keitel, The Devil simply agrees with most other Sandler fans that this one just doesn't quite work - OK sure, so the dog was funny.

I could imagine the lord of the flies loving: Anything involving breakdancing. I can also picture him sitting through the movie "Powder" three or four times.

Maybe him and Jesus get together every Friday to watch Eddie Murphy's "Delirious". Then they blast some Cyndi Lauper, and have a pillow fight, all while giggling like a bunch of school girls.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Satan (Mel Gibson) would probably like Weekend at Bernies and it's humourous sequel - Weekend at Bernies 2. Also anything to do with Harry Potter and Ben Afleck.

He probably wouldn't like movies such as Evil Dead (1 and 2 ) or Biggles (Starring Peter Cushing)

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
He'd probably be all for Dogma too...
I doubt it, actually. The movie took shots at organized religion, but if anything it did so out of a respect for the underlying principles. Smith seems to be another one of those "I love God but I can't stand the people who claim to represent Him" types. Not that we really need more religious discussions breaking out.

Anyway, I think Lucifer just loves Fallen. I think he despises Signs.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I think Satan would be a sucker for romantic comedies, Serial Killer movies, gross out movies, brain-dead actioners, Adam Sandler, you know, predictable garbage that exists solely to make us all miserable. Hell, he probably had a hand in Titanic winning Best Picture.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

He probably got a bigger kick out of giving Gladiator the gong if you ask me...

powder is a cool movie.

Originally posted by g0dzer0
powder is a cool movie.
...Quote the man with half a brain.

.........Quote the raven.... Nevermore?