Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
+
Not a bad horror-flick and I can certainly see the appeal and how it influenced other films in the horror genre.

Field of Dreams

I hadn't seen this flick for probably 8 years or so, and I am really glad I revisited it. Maybe it is because I grew up in Iowa, but I just love this movie. It's magical, the acting was good, the story was intriguing and unique, and it stands the test of time.

Zero Dark Thirty - 7/10

Good film, definitely worth the watch - though didn't stand out for me in any particular way. Jessica Chastain's character was well-acted (I liked her composure and stoic personality) - film reminded me of The Hurt Locker in a lot of ways - it felt heavy on the realism with just enough drama to not bore you.

but now you have my attention
Non-stop 7/10 ( maybe would have give an extra point if I couldn't compare it to Taken.

Scum

Probably the best movie I've seen depicting juvenile inmates, or any kind of inmates for that matter. It reminded me of 1983's Bad Boys, except this came first, it's British, and it seems more real. It's an excellent, brutal movie starring a young Ray Winstone. I watched it on YouTube; here's the link if anyone is interested-

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
To catch up on previous posts, I hated 8 1/2. Pretty sure I rated it higher than 1/10 but not much. The 400 Blows and The Bicycle Thief were two films that I could appreciate though. Those were solid.

Why do so many people hate on this forum? It's a masterpiece
Because it is obviously not a conventional movie so if you watch it expecting a conventional plot driven linear narrative you will get disappointed.

To catch up on previous posts, I hated 8 1/2. Pretty sure I rated it higher than 1/10 but not much. The 400 Blows and The Bicycle Thief were two films that I could appreciate though. Those were solid.
Those two are conventional films that just happen to not be in the English language, some people call'em arthouse but I wouldn't. I have Bicycle Thieves on my top 20, it's emotional power is enormous (I was in fact thinking if I should let Bicycle Thieves or 8 1/5 into my top 10 as the Italian representative, now I decided I will just fill my top 10 with sci fi and that's is!), and The 400 Blows is also a great film.

but the wind was stronger
Shiri (1999) 8/10
amazing thriller from South Korea , and not only a great action movie , but also a beautifull (yet tragic) love story .you can watch the trailer on youtube .

Finished here. It's been fun.
The Grapes of Wrath

Moving story of a family trying to survive during the great depression. Well-acted, beautifully shot and the story is as potent as ever considering the Economic collapse a few years back.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
The Grapes of Wrath

Moving story of a family trying to survive during the great depression. Well-acted, beautifully shot and the story is as potent as ever considering the Economic collapse a few years back. I
Love that film. It's great and my 2nd favorite in the 40s

Two-Lane Blacktop
A very interesting film that I definitely respect but I would be lying if I said I didn't get kind of bored of all its "existential meandering" after a while. It's as slow-burn as it gets, really, and for better and for worse too. An intriguing film about "nothingness" centered around its lonely, wandering drifters and the only sounds you will really hear is the occasional exchange between our silent nomads, the roaring engines and wheels of their cars, and best of all, Warren Oates. He no doubt saved the film for me and is easily the most entertaining part of the film yet there is still something tragicomic about his character. The ending was a good one too and while the film was indeed a bit of a struggle to sit through at times (maybe I was just really exhausted while I was watching it), this is a film that I will certainly be reflecting over.
3.5/5

Just re-watched Stalker. I love this film... it's a totally meditative experience. Here, the "entertainment" factor comes from the three leads' poignant and occasionally hilarious banter. The Stalker, Professor, and Writer - it seems - represent three core factions (the spiritual, scientific, and artistic) in every man's personal ideological struggle.

Stalker
Andrei Tarkovsky
+++

Grabbers... great horror-comedy! Lots of fun. I watched it with a friend and we had a great time. If you're a fan of Tremors, you need to see this!
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
Red Cliff (International Cut)

Oh John Woo, how I've missed you. This film was amazing. I'm not really big on war movies but this one was phenomenal.

5/5

Coraline

I was expecting to like this movie but didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. While I don't like it as much as the other Laika film, ParaNorman, it was still a lot of fun and really enjoyable.

4/5

A Fish Called Wanda

It was okay, there were some really funny bits but I do wish Michael Palin and John Cleese shared more screen time. Though not a bad way to kill some time

3/5

Wolf Of Wall Street
4.5 out of 5

Just another awesome movie Oscar passed on

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa