Van Helsing

Tools    

I saw a trailer on TV last night and - being a crazed Hugh Jackman fangirl - I will be seeing it as well. I'm really excited, I've always been a fan of Dracula - but I'm pretty picky about vampire related movies. I think this one will be really great though

Wow, this movie looks close enough that gives a mixture between Castlevania and Vampire Hunter D. Anyone else who thinks the same thing feel free to reply. Van Helsing with a few more upgrades can is just right for the role of Vampire Hunter D and that Alucard guy in Symphoney of the Night. Although he just needs to appear a little more pale for Alucard and D. Other than that it has the elements of Castlevania: Holy Water, Holy Cross, Daggers, Axes, and other items. I say this movie looks soo cool and I will be waiting for someone to make another Gothic/Vampire Hunter movie that will surpass this movie. Hopefully someone will give it the title of Vampire Hunter D or Castlevania.

Messenger from Hades' Gate
Originally Posted by sephieroth
Wow, this movie looks close enough that gives a mixture between Castlevania and Vampire Hunter D.
Actually, I had thought that Hugh Jackman's character reminded me more of one of the Belmonts than Dr. Van Helsing. But, I'm still looking forward to going to see it (because Kate Beckinsale is so HOT!!). Does he use a whip in this film? If so, we'll know for sure that this Castlevania the movie.

I have just seen Van Helsing and all I can say is that the film, how can I put this....it just simply stunk!!! Yes there was a couple of exciting action shots, but otherwise what was supposed to be the summer's first so-called "great" flick....it sure turned out to be a real stinker.
As soon as I finished work, I got all prepped up with a large soda and a cheese pizza and walked in the theater. Eventually the lights went down, commercials and trailers pass by and then - - showtime!!!
I watched the film in awe. The movie did absolutely nothing for me. The acting wasn't so good, the storyline was so-so yet a little lame for its surroundings as a whole and as for all of the effects in the film (naturally as you can tell by watching) is done through CGI and they look 110% friggin' fake. Mr. Hyde especially looked absolutely pitiful.
I feel awful for Mr. Hugh Jackman starring in this piece of celluloid waste. At least he has his broadway career to fall on if his film career descends.

i just saw this movie this morning and i have to agree..it was a big disappointment....i did think that hugh jackman was good, but all the good lines went to his comic relief....i wondered why he had picked this film to do...the plot was lame and predictable..kate beckinsale was her usual pretty self, but the chemistry between the two wasn't there...

the special effects however were great..other than that....

Hmmm...you guys shoulda known better.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Hmmm...you guys shoulda known better.
well, i had another person to consider...he wanted to see it too...

funny i had read all the bad reviews, but i was hoping that the papers were wrong, as they usually are...not so this time..

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
hmmmm... I felt the movie was okay actually, I mean afterall it was an action movie so what did you guys expect? Perhaps you expected too much out of the film and the average film that it was turned out to dissapoint.

I must say the director improved over his last one though... I would much rather watch Van Helsing again over "The Mummy Returns" so I guess 10 or 20 more movies and he will have it all figured out. So I'm going to have to rate this movie a bit higher than the two of you.

The Green Lantern
I saw it Friday evening. I thought it was great. Dracula's Brides were a bunch of [witches]. They got exactly what they deserved. Frankenstein's Monster was incredible. Van Helsing's sidekick, the Friar was so funny.
Some of the things I did not like was the Brides going out during the day even though the sun was covered by the clouds. UV radation still gets through the clouds. UV radation is the key component of sunlight, so they still should have died.
Mr. Hyde--In 'Van Helsing' and 'LXG' he is portrayed as a huge monster of a man with superhuman strength. In the novel, Hyde is smaller and younger that Dr. Jekyll.
Either way I though it was a great movie. Kate was a babe as always.
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

I wasn't disappointed. But I didn't much like it, either.

Explanation: it looked interesting, but as the release date neared I became convinced (for a number of reasons) that it was going to be a major letdown. I saw it, and it was a letdown, but it had a few genuinely impressive moments. So, in one sense, it was a disappointment. In the other, it was better than I'd expected.

All in all, I'd give it maybe
-- not bad, really, but rather poor considering the hype.

I saw this saterday and before i watched it i knew it wouldnt be great film.
Its a good action flic tho and i enjoyed it.
The only bad thing i can say about this, is that there was way to much rope swinging for my likeing.

Originally Posted by Tea Barking
there was way to much rope swinging for my likeing.
I kept expecting him to swing on screen in only a loin cloth at one point beating his chest like Tarzan.

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
I kept expecting him to swing on screen in only a loin cloth at one point beating his chest like Tarzan.
and somehow i kept expecting that anna was going to fall off and vanish into the transylvanian night....

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by GL2814
Mr. Hyde--In 'Van Helsing' and 'LXG' he is portrayed as a huge monster of a man with superhuman strength. In the novel, Hyde is smaller and younger that Dr. Jekyll.
Even though i totally disagree with your view of the film your actually quite correct on this matter. I'm currently writing an essay on multiplex personality in Stevensons Dr Jeckyll and Mr yde, pretty boring. but your right, Hyde was smaller, quicker and stronger than Dr Jeckyll. he wasn't younger though, he was disfigured.

Just an interesting tid-bit

HAahhhaa, omg, i have to say i was pleasantly surprised by Van Helsing, yes it was an extended shot of a piece of computer generated cheese and had many flaws, the stretching vamp mouths, Blade 2 rip of bit but i enjoyed it. Maybe as i had just seen Harry Potter 3 which stunk meant i enjoyed it more and the wine i was drinking but i thought it was fun, the trailer didnt do it justice. It was a poor plot but the characters were interesting, Frank got irritating but was a joke and the brides were fun and Kate Beckinsale had a phony accent and still couldn't act
.......i just noticed i liked it as it was so bad, hmmmm lmao

PS Dave Wenham was great, he was Faramir? Best character in VH, very fun and i even predicted (as a rude joke) his line to the women he rescued,