The Official NFL Thread

Tools    

Pissed, but not pissed, if that makes sense. Before the season all I wanted was a division championship and a playoff win. Well, they got two, exceeding my expectations. Notice to the NFL, we'll be in the conversation for years to come.

Lots of people seem to be criticizing the refs at the KC/Bal game...if you are blaming the refs for the Ravens loss, then you haven't been watching the NFL for the past 10 years haha officiating has been dogs*** way before Taylor Swift appeared (there were bad calls against KC too)

I really wanted the Lions to win, but "analytics" can burn you sometimes.

A system of cells interlinked
As a diehard Patriots fan, I would never be comfortable rooting for the Ravens. That said, that was some bullshit. I said to my wife when the game first started "50 bucks the Chiefs win this, because the NFL wants Taylor and the Swifties involved in the Super Bowl."

I would have bet her $1,000, which would have netted us a cool $0 since we have a joint account.

Anyway, I don't think The Ravens played their best game this weekend, which was a bummer, because if there is a team I dislike more than Baltimore, it's Kansas City. I can't put it all on the Refs though, as Mahomes was good all day and Jackson didn't seem dialed in on his passes. The turnover with Flowers was just salt on the wound.

Oh well, the Super Bowl no one wanted is coming up!

Regardless, I had fun looking for Holden on the TV all game.

Go 9ers! That catch from Ayuk was a turning point. Purdy had a great running game but 9ers need to work on the defence if they want to win the SB.
McCaffrey's a beast.

McCaffrey's a beast.
One of the best around. Deebo is also deceptively strong in contact.

I'm not an expert on NFL but I like the play offs - especially when the 9ers are involved!

A system of cells interlinked
"Taylor Swift has generated an equivalent brand value of $331.5 million for the Chiefs and the NFL.
The amount includes TV, highlights, social media, print, and digital going back to Swift’s first game in September."

Nothing to see here!

What was the first SB game you remember watching live? I remember being into nba basketball at the time and discovering how to record things on my vcr. I'm assuming my older brother who was staying with us at that time mentioned something about it and decided to tape it. It just happened to be the Steve Young game where he threw 6 tds and had the hank Williams opening. A fan of the game was born that day I guess although I went thru a Jordan returns / wwf wrestling era before I gave it up completely for football. It was the bucs domination in 2002 when I started on nfl first.

What was the first SB game you remember watching live? I remember being into nba basketball at the time and discovering how to record things on my vcr. I'm assuming my older brother who was staying with us at that time mentioned something about it and decided to tape it. It just happened to be the Steve Young game where he threw 6 tds and had the hank Williams opening. A fan of the game was born that day I guess although I went thru a Jordan returns / wwf wrestling era before I gave it up completely for football. It was the bucs domination in 2002 when I started on nfl first.
Super Bowl XV, January 1981, Philadelphia Eagles vs. Oakland Raiders.

Ron Jaworski and Jim Plunkett were the QBs. I was ten. Hadn't really paid much attention to football before that, I was a HUGE Baseball fan. Got much more into the NFL over the next season, culminating in the 49ers vs. Bengals, including the legendary NFC Championship game with Montana's pass to Dwight Clark knocking out Dallas. By then I was rooting for the hometown Redskins, who finished 8-8. But the 1982 season was theirs, though it was a weird, abbreviated one due to a player's strike. They had the best record in the NFC, 8-1, and beat the Lions, Vikings, and Cowboys in the new playoff system to earn the right to play Shula's Dolphins in a rematch of the Super Bowl VII, when Miami had their Perfect Season. Riggins ran to victory and I was a fan for life.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Super Bowl XV, January 1981, Philadelphia Eagles vs. Oakland Raiders.

Ron Jaworski and Jim Plunkett were the QBs. I was ten. Hadn't really paid much attention to football before that, I was a HUGE Baseball fan. Got much more into the NFL over the next season, culminating in the 49ers vs. Bengals, including the legendary NFC Championship game with Montana's pass to Dwight Clark knocking out Dallas. By then I was rooting for the hometown Redskins, who finished 8-8. But the 1982 season was theirs, though it was a weird, abbreviated one due to a player's strike. They had the best record in the NFC, 8-1, and beat the Lions, Vikings, and Cowboys in the new playoff system to earn the right to play Shula's Dolphins in a rematch of the Super Bowl VII, when Miami had their Perfect Season. Riggins ran to victory and I was a fan for life.

My dad always would bring up Jim Plunkett's comeback story with them winning that super bowl when I was growing up. Don't think he was a raiders fan but he just loved the story of that guy's comeback with him winning the super bowl. Those strike seasons in '82 and '87 had to have been interesting. Not sure if the NFL ratings were on the level with baseball during those times compared to now.

You ready? You look ready.
i have thought about getting an antenna for the living room*

awful lot of free sports over the air

also this super bowl is proof nothing is real, right?

No no, just rigged.

i have thought about getting an antenna for the living room*

awful lot of free sports over the air

I paid around 20 dollars (25?) and depending on where you live you can pick up countless stations. I deleted the majority because they were strictly Spanish language and I'm not interested in game shows or telenovelas. But I still get the big 4 (CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX) plus 3 PBS stations and the CW, But then the rest are mostly bottom feeder channels like Create, Comet, Charge, Laff, Ion and Grit. It is invaluable during football season but outside of games I don't bother with the Antenna-Broadcast channels.

And lately the playoffs and SB are the equivalent of reality television or professional wrestling. SB = BS.

Cheese and crackers. I think we are living in some effed up Matrix version of what should be normal reality.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...en-1234956829/

Let's face it. The SB is a foregone conclusion.

https://sactownsports.com/nflpa-soun...ons-for-49ers/

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
If the fix is in, 9’ers win. Last I heard, 2nd most money ever on the Chiefs.

If the fix was in, "America's Team" (Detroit Lions) would be in against Tay-Tay.
Not only that, but they sure as hell wouldn't have called that fumble touchback last week, which was the single most important play of the game and gave the Ravens new life.