Superman: Man of Steel

Tools    

Am bumping this thread. I found rumours of a possible trailer to be released this summer.

"Opens with a shot of space. The camera is panning around the planets and zooming through space. There's a voiceover of Jor-El (Russell Crowe) saying, "My son, our world is no longer safe for you." Suddenly, one of the planets explodes and a small ship is seen zooming out of the flames, and the camera pans around it to face it flying away. Shot of Jor-El and Lara placing a young baby into a ship. "We have been hit by an unexpected force."
Then a shot of General Zod leaping off of a low bridge with a sword, about to hit Jor-El who is holding a shield. The bridge has been sliced in half, as the front is smoking red.

New Shot: The spaceship flies quickly past some satellites. The camera pans around to reveal that it is entering Earth's atmosphere. Shot of scientists looking at scans, seeing an unidentified object entering Earth. Then the ship crashes into the Kent Farm, with dirt flying everywhere. Different shot of lots of trucks driving down a road. Jonathan and Martha Kent race out of their house and look down at the ship. Jonathan mutters, "What is that....?" The ship starts to make noises and show strange languages appearing above it. The Kent's stand back. The roof of the ship slides back and a chair is erected up, with a small child sitting on it.

A voiceover of Martha Kent, as clips appear. "When you were a child Clark, well, the easiest way to put it was that you were special".

Shots of Clark lifting the car off the ground for Jonathan to get underneath and fix it, Clark in school spinning a pencil in the air using telekinesis and finally Clark standing in his room with a strained expression, pointing his head upwards. The camera directly faces his feet firmly on the ground, before they rise about an inch. "You could do things that the other kids couldn't." A bus is falling off of a bridge, and a teenage Clark is seen in the window, looking panicked.
Shot of young Lana Lang looking terrified. Suddenly the bus stops. The camera pans down to the bottom to show Clark floating in mid-air holidng it up. "Which caused friction with the other kids." Clark is being cornered in the school park and beaten.

A new shot of an adult Clark wearing a cap and grimy brown jacket standing in an alleyway, he then pulls up his hood and walks away. "You were extraordinary. You could do amazing things. You were a Superman."
New shot of Martha talking to adult Clark in the kitchen. Clark says "I know all of this. But why? It's been kept from me all my life. I'm about to go out into the world, and I'm not leaving until I know what they are."
"Clark, that's the reason you're leaving."
Clark walks into the barn and takes his old ship out of a crate. There are a quick-cut shots of him watching videos, reading documents etc and looking worried.

NEW SHOT: Clark dives into the water in an icy area shirtless. He walks into a massive ice hall (Fortress of Solitude). Clark is in an igloo with an old man, warming their hands over a fire. "We don't get much visitors here. Why are you here?" Clark sits back and says, "I have powers. Unimaginable powers. And I don't know what to do with them."

A rock music track starts playing. A plane lands on the runway and Clark walks out. New shot of him pulling a blue outfit out of his ship, with the 'S' emblem. The camera zooms in and the shot changes to a man falling out of a vortex and into a building, looking dirty and rugged. It's Zod. Superman is flying in the sky and flies down, using heat vision to attack an unknown flying thing infront of him.

The Kent's rushing out of their farm and trying to get into the bunker as a massive Tornado sweeps across the land. Superman flying through different buildings and smashing through the windows, holding a strange monster just bigger than Supes.
Superman straight falling off of a mountain (aerial view, shot straight down) and then edging forward in the air, before he is fully flying.

Clark Kent talking to Lois Lane in the Daily Planet. "So, you're new here. Good luck trying to get anything first, I'm quick with all the hot scoops." There is then a new shot of stacks of papers being thrown into a van with Clark and Lois standing next to it. On the front of the papers, there's an image of Superman flying through the air with the headline, "SUPER-POWERED VIGILANTE HITS THE STREETS OF METROPOLIS; DUBBED "SUPERMAN". Clark walks away back into the Daily Planet saying, "What was that you said yesterday Lois?"
Now it's a montage of shots of Superman punching various different crooks and beating them up.
Voiceover of Martha Kent: "I can't believe you're back, it's so surreal."
Clark replies "I discovered my purpose in life. My journey is beginning. And it might have led me to my end."

The final shot is Superman and General Zod on the streets of Metropolis, battling using heat vision. The beams are meeting in the middle, and flames are flying all around them. The red light in the middle grows brighter and larger, and consumes the whole screen. The Superman emblem appears, with the words "Man of Steel" written across it. Then the words, "Coming Soon"."

Movie Forums Insomniac
Am bumping this thread. I found rumours of a possible trailer to be released this summer.

"Opens with a shot of space. The camera is panning around the planets and zooming through space. There's a voiceover of Jor-El (Russell Crowe) saying, "My son, our world is no longer safe for you." Suddenly, one of the planets explodes and a small ship is seen zooming out of the flames, and the camera pans around it to face it flying away. Shot of Jor-El and Lara placing a young baby into a ship. "We have been hit by an unexpected force." Shot of General Zod leaping off of a low bridge with a sword, about to hit Jor-El who is holding a shield. The bridge has been sliced in half, as the front is smoking red.

New Shot: The spaceship flies quickly past some satellites. The camera pans around to reveal that it is entering Earth's atmosphere (BTW, that deep "bbboooowwww" sound that keeps on being in trailers for action movies is present in this trailer). Shot of scientists looking at scans, seeing an unidentified object entering Earth. Then the ship crashes into the Kent Farm, with dirt flying everywhere. Different shot of lots of trucks driving down a road. Jonathan and Martha Kent race out of their house and look down at the ship. Jonathan mutters, "What is that....?" The ship starts to make noises and show strange languages appearing above it. The Kent's stand back. The roof of the ship slides back and a chair is erected up, with a small child sitting on it.

A voiceover of Martha Kent, as clips appear. "When you were a child Clark, well, the easiest way to put it was that you were special". Shots of Clark lifting the car off the ground for Jonathan to get underneath and fix it, Clark in school spinning a pencil in the air using telekinesis and finally Clark standing in his room with a strained expression, pointing his head upwards. The camera directly faces his feet firmly on the ground, before they rise about an inch. "You could do things that the other kids couldn't." A bus is falling off of a bridge, and a teenage Clark is seen in the window, looking panicked. Shot young Lana Lang looking terrified. Suddenly the bus stops. The camera pans down to the bottom to show Clark floating in mid-air holidng it up. "Which caused friction with the other kids." Clark is being cornered in the school park and beaten. A new shot of an adult Clark wearing a cap and grimy brown jacket standing in an alleyway, he then pulls up his hood and walks away. "You were extraordinary. You could do amazing things. You were a Superman." New shot of Martha talking to adult Clark in the kitchen. "I know all of this. But why? It's been kept from me all my life. I'm about to go out into the world, and I'm not leaving until I know what they are." "Clark, that's the reason you're leaving." Clark walks into the barn and takes his old ship out of a crate. There are a quick-cut shots of him watching videos, reading documents etc and looking worried.

NEW SHOT: Clark dives into the water in an icy area shirtless. He walks into a massive ice hall (Fortress of Solitude). Clark is in an igloo with an old man, warming their hands over a fire. "We don't get much visitors here. Why are you here?" Clark sits back and says, "I have powers. Unimaginable powers. And I don't know what to do with them." A rock music track starts playing. A plane lands on the runway and Clark walks out. New shot of him pulling a blue outfit out of his ship, with the 'S' emblem. The camera zooms in and the shot changes to a man falling out of a vortex and into a building, looking dirty and rugged. It's Zod. Superman is flying in the sky and flies down, using heat vision to attack an unknown flying thing infront of him (Probably Zod but I don't actually know). The Kent's rushing out of their farm and trying to get into the bunker as a massive Tornado sweeps across the land. Superman flying through different buildings and smashing through the windows, holding a strange monster just bigger than Supes. Superman straight falling off of a mountain (aerial view, shot straight down) and then edging forward in the air, before he is fully flying. Clark Kent talking to Lois Lane in the Daily Planet. "So, you're new here. Good luck trying to get anything first, I'm quick with all the hot scoops." There is then a new shot of stacks of papers being thrown into a van with Clark and Lois standing next to it. On the front of the papers, there's an image of Superman flying through the air with the headline, "SUPER-POWERED VIGILANTE HITS THE STREETS OF METROPOLIS; DUBBED "SUPERMAN". Clark walks away back into the Daily Planet saying, "What was that you said yesterday Lois?" Now it's a montage of shots of Superman punching various different crooks and beating them up. Voiceover of Martha Kent: "I can't believe you're back, it's so surreal." "I discovered my purpose in life. My journey is beginning. And it might have led me to my end." The final shot is Superman and General Zod on the streets of Metropolis, battling using heat vision. The beams are meeting in the middle, and flames are flying all around them. The red light in the middle grows brighter and larger, and consumes the whole screen. The Superman emblem appears, with the words "Man of Steel" written across it. Then the words, "Coming Soon"."
Source is ComicBookMovie

Can't wait for the trailer!

http://whatculture.com/film/man-of-s...ark-knight.php

Yesterday's news about Man Of Steel.

There's a few more websites with stuff but it's all the same and all the others have some pleb trying to analyse the film even though it's not even finished filming yet.
This is probably the best of the news so far.

More Man Of Steel news(ish).

I knew there'd be a fight on Krypton, but I had it in mind that it would be the showdown between Jor-El and Zod...

... but the news is that a rather sizeable big chunk of the film will take place on the planet.

More news on Man Of Steel: It's in IMAX, not in 3D... and a trailer is expected to be released within the next week or so. Reportedly it'll be premiered at Comicon (spelling!) and released online before The Dark Knight Rises comes out next friday.

More news on Man Of Steel: It's in IMAX, not in 3D... and a trailer is expected to be released within the next week or so. Reportedly it'll be premiered at Comicon (spelling!) and released online before The Dark Knight Rises comes out next friday.
I actually think I may go and watch this, now

Comic Con leaked trailer is going around, looks rather good from what you could see of it/hear. It was shot a long way from the screen unfortunately.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/m...ks-comiccon/2/

^ Up on here at the moment.

According to some sources... there were fans in tears at the premier because it looked so good.
There's a chunk of green screen effects used throughout the movie but... most, in fact near all, of the effects are practical.

Thank God that the digital hating Christopher Nolan was onboard to keep things real.

Now all I have to say is...

... a little bit of wee just came out.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
According to some sources... there were fans in tears at the premier because it looked so good.
There's a chunk of green screen effects used throughout the movie but... most, in fact near all, of the effects are practical.

Thank God that the digital hating Christopher Nolan was onboard to keep things real.

Now all I have to say is...

... a little bit of wee just came out.
Impossible to Keep it real in a Superman Adaptation. Unless they are going back to the original source material, and Kal-el can't fly anyway.

Kryptonians weren't super beings, it was the atmospheric conditions of Earth that made Kallys' molecular structure behave in superish ways was always my understanding.

That and Earth's Yellow Sun give him his power.

I meant about keeping it real in terms of Special Effects. Most of it is practical with CGI used just to touch up the details. Thank God.

^^I've seen this one^^ ... I thought it was a mock-trailer when I saw it first because of the LOTR music.

Hah saw the trailer yesterday, and honestly its kind of what Nolan did with the first Batman, in a sense looks exactly like Batman Begins, all that Clark Kent is an outcast traveling the world taking upon different jobs finding himself as if, which is not bad, I've heard that there was a comic book storyline about this and it was quite successful. Plus its an interesting take on the story looking forward to it.