MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2014 - The Regular Season

Tools    

So does anybody know the difference between American League and National League pitching? I used to think the AL pitchers superior due to the DH and all, but noticed whenever a batter switches from one to the other theres some down time getting used to it. Not always but enough to notice. I think Granderson commented on this recently.
The AL is generally regarded as the stronger league overall (based on Interleague results and some other factors), but it's hard to say how that affects pitching when comparing the leagues. A good pitcher in the AL that moves to an NL club is usually a good bet to do well, because of the lack of the DH and the disparity in talent level in the leagues. A good pitcher in the NL might have issues moving to the AL. There are exceptions to these, naturally, but I think in general that's how it goes. And there might be an adjustment period for some players moving leagues, but it's probably not huge because they face each other so often with interleague play and players changing teams.

I'm not sure if that really answers your question. AL pitchers might be better overall, but their stats might be worse or similar to NL pitchers because they have to face the DH and better competition. None of this applies to the Giants, of course, because they're awesome and 6-0 against the AL so far this season

The AL is generally regarded as the stronger league overall (based on Interleague results and some other factors), but it's hard to say how that affects pitching when comparing the leagues. A good pitcher in the AL that moves to an NL club is usually a good bet to do well, because of the lack of the DH and the disparity in talent level in the leagues. A good pitcher in the NL might have issues moving to the AL. There are exceptions to these, naturally, but I think in general that's how it goes. And there might be an adjustment period for some players moving leagues, but it's probably not huge because they face each other so often with interleague play and players changing teams.

I'm not sure if that really answers your question. AL pitchers might be better overall, but their stats might be worse or similar to NL pitchers because they have to face the DH and better competition. None of this applies to the Giants, of course, because they're awesome and 6-0 against the AL so far this season
I understand, but actually I was curious if the velocity is different, and type of pitches thrown were different. BJ Upton went to plain worthless switching over to the NL. Hes an american league hitter so you wouldnt think he'd be so challenged. Pujols went thru his first slump coming over to the AL in 2012, but he got a handle on that before the year was out. Jake Arrietta is ho-hum for Baltimore, but goes over to the Cubs and looks like Cliff Lee I guess what makes the most sense, though it feels like a cop out on the topic, is it just affects different players differently.

Good grief, Encarnacion hits two more. That's 16 this month, with five multi-homer games. He's already tied the AL record for May and he's got two more games to try to tie Bonds for the MLB record. It's getting to the point where it looks weird on the scoresheet when he doesn't go yard.

Yeah EE is in the zone for sure. He rocked Alex Cobb quite handily. George Springers doing a good 2013 Chris Davis impersonation also, 6 homers in the past 6 games. Also, Khris Davis looks like his first name should begin with a C as he's hit 4 HR's in the last 6 games. Khris is more of an undisciplined hitter though, all talent no technique, so Ill just enjoy the ride while it lasts.

....and Im gonna give Marco Estrada one more try. I drafted him, kicked him to waivers, later made a small trade to get him back, hen kicked him to waivers again, and now he's at home vs the Cubs. Thing is the last time he pitched against them in Chicago they scorched him.

This is it!

Ugh. Ugly observation. In total 2014 production, streaking/surging Khris Davis has already overtaken Evan Longoria.

Tim advised I dont start deGrom @ Philly today so Im going with Marcus Stroman vs KC. The numbers say Stromans a dangerous start as his one start in the majors he got decimated, and has done "ok" in his minor league starts since. At least Ive heard of Stroman though. yeah

Well! San Frans Yusmeiro Petit was throwing a one hitter into the 5th inning vs St Louis, and then Oscar Tavares hit a home run

Well all these hot young prospects coming up and emergings made me like a kid at the Waiverland Candy Store. Buuuuuut Im gonna chicken out when it comes to the pitching end with my era & whip so darn awful.

Dropped new hotshots Rubby De La Rosa & Marcus Stroman to waivers to get Josh Collmenter & Jorge De La Rosa. Stroman & Rubby might be good, but they pitch in the American League East. Nobodys immune to the amount of overpaid sluggers residing there, and you watch Tanakas gonna take a hard asswhoopin soon, you'll see.

^^^^ Holy crap! Hes got an arm but the aim is whats impressive.

My team is ass again.

After the two mini shrums the Red Sox/ Rays, the first one Gomes came from left field to get in Escobars raging face, and I remember the brawl back in 2008.

Hilarious one for many reasons, the Coco Crisp juke and charge, Shields swing & Crisps matrix duck backwards, and then Navarro slamming Crisp to the ground, and get this...about 2:45 seconds in, two Ray players come out of nowhere and feebily started punching at Crisp while he was held down, then a wave of Red Sox descend on them. One was some japanese kid I never seen before, and the other was Johnny Gomes . Its the team youre on now I guess, but if I was a Red Sox fan I would have been pissed too this last series.

You don't get any fantasy value from it, but it's still really awesome and fun to watch: Cespedes throws out two runners at the plate in the same inning.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-monster-game
I saw that on sports center. Pretty impressive.

The Rays might just get swept by the Marlins because we cant mount an offense. This is brutal to watch.