MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2014 - The Regular Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Dang, PPD games strike again! That's OK, they will get the game going today.

After overhearing this conversation a nearby ball players batting average went up 25 points.

How many swings would it take for us to hit that?

Who the hell?!

05/16/14 MoFo FBB Review

12. Mudville Nine (seanc) 44.5 points

His offense is ok, Numbers arent impressive, but not awful. Oh the pitchings just sooo bad though. Last in the league for Saves, Era, and Whip. Second to last in K's, and third from last in Wins. The solution? Cut those big names like Hamel, Sabathia, Archer, Bailey, and I dont think Mat Latos will help any. In a sport where Tommy John surgery has become a staple it shows no arm is immune, and other than Archer who just isnt there yet, these old arms in Mudville arent gonna gain strength.

There are 4 pitchers still on waivers that could be started every week vs anybody. I wont tell who they are though. Go for it Sean, you have nothing to lose.

11. The Loose Seals (Frightened Inmate #2 / Patrick) 46 points

Pat needs RBI's, Saves, and K's terribly. He needs to watch his team more closely (Zobrist is on the DL and still slotted). He needs to trade me Jose Bautista Anyway I think Patrick can stabalize his team as he's shown competence in other seasons. This ranking for the Seals imo is temporary.

10. Fightin' Fontenots (syj / Scott) 47.5 points

Ouch! Some glaring holes. Third from last in Runs, HRs, RBI's, Era, and Whip. Second from last in Wins, and dead last in .Avg. Average is a toughie to overcome as are Era & Whip. Acting now is the only chance of having a shot as you need a long stretch of time to correct those "averaging" point categories. Scott has the talent pool to make the moves, and is wise enough to not get stung in the building process. Like Inmate #2s team Im gonna say these guys will improve if they make their moves.

9. The Russell Wilson 9 (Powdered Water / Chris H) 48 points

Dead last in RBIs & Wins, second from last in Era & Whip, and third from last in .Avg. In all honesty his pitching looks ok, but Im sure PW knows now Quintana & Tillman are not auto starts. PW Will improve IF he sacrifices some of his speed. Too fast with not enough pop to level it out.

8. ForTheLoveOfTheGame (TONGO / Rob) 49 points

Ahem! So I am last in Homers, Second to last in Runs, and third from last for SBs. Ive made some moves and trades to where I feel the holes will be filled. I have HR potential in most of my slots now. My pitching is more solid than it looks. It looks bad, At one phase of a roster I almost changed my team name to Clayton Kershaw & The Whodats, but there werent enough spaces. In the next week everyone on my DL will be back Cuddyer, Cobby, and LaRoche. Business is about to pick up.

For now though Im just the lid on the garbage can as theres a big gap from 8th to 7th....

7. CoinSkinsBanknotes (Tim) 67 points

Last in Runs, second to last in HRs & Avg, and third from last in Saves. Other than that this teams a stud. Tim is going to collect more saves with Dolittle now, and Rondon is solid when given opportunity. CSB is top of the league in Wins & Ks, and in the top three for Era & Whip.

I think Tim doesnt have to do anything but be patient like Yoda was last year. The problem is he is patient. That problem is ours. This team is a dark horse to win it all.

6. Peanuts&Crackerjacks (rauldc14 / Dustin) 68 points

Second from last in stolen bases, and fourth from last in .Avg, Wins, and Saves. Best team Raulds ever had.

5. Freedonia Ducks (Yoda / Chris B) 69 points

Last in the league for stolen bags, and third from last in HRs and Ks. Yeah I think that sounds easily fixable too. The winningest (Is that a word? Screw you Firefox I say it is!) coach in all the leagues needs no tips from me. He came in 5th in 2012, 2nd in 2013, and will be near the top by my next review. Not at, but near.

4. Done and Dunn Hey Mikey, Adam Dunns on waivers! Isnt that exciting?! (mikeython1) 74.5 points

Our 2013 MoFo FBB Champion made quite an impact last year basically drafting an unstoppable juggernaut which never ever slowed down. Thankfully Mikeys squad is more mortal now. The offense is great, Jose Abreu , but the pitching aint. Im surprised his pitching categories are as good as they are. Mikey needs Saves (4th from last), but thats fixable. Im predicting a drop for Mikey as his pitching corps lack of depth will catch up to him.

3. Clockwork Angels (Sedai / Mike (with no "y")) 79 points

Hey hey hey! Look whose eating at the big boys table! Yes Sedai has a good squad with no holes. All he needs is some speed for SBs, and a couple closers. Pitching needs help maybe in just avoiding tough matchups. Not too shabby!

Now everyone put on your helmets as the air pressure will drop. We are cruising at an altitude above the 79 point level to the land of the Top Two...

2. Quickie Mart (Adam) 92.5 points

Yknow, I cant figure Adam out. Ive traded with him often, and he doesnt seem to be a fantasy sports guru. Yet his teams most always earn and place well in the rankings. We gotta a frickin Rain Man situation on our hands here! (Jk man )

The Quickie Mart is open for business, and doing very well for itself. Fourth from last in Wins & K's. Thats it! Thats the weakness! Sooo easily correctable.

First place in SBs, Era & Whip. Second in Saves, and third in Runs & Avg. Hes fifth place in HRs & RBIs so dont anybody dare trade this guy a slugger! So.....

....is this Marks year?

1. Dodgers (Mark F) 95 points

He only plays in the Fantasy Baseball league, and always has. Always has placed high in the rankings, and came in second two years in a row. Mark has put it together this year by doing something he never seemed to do before (I could be wrong on some of this Mark, so please correct me) and thats work the waiver wire early in the season.

That guy pictured third from the top of this post is Chalie Blackmon. Third overall, and hes the new Jose Bautista for journeymen coming alive in a huge way. Mark also nabbed CJ Cron. Dont know him? You will. Mark even snatched up Juan Francisco, and is benching those that dont earn like Everth Cabrera, Coco Crisp, and Leonys Martin.

The pitching? Its ok, but what's scary is Marks offense is waaaaaay better. Top of the league in HRs & RBIs. Second in Steals. Third in Runs, and fifth in Avg. His "ok" pitching will improve whenever he wants it to as he's always been the best in pitching thru his knowledge. Miggy Cabrera hasnt even started surging yet! Trumbo wont be hurt forever either. This team, this season, could be the unstoppable juggernaut that never slows.

The only thing in our favor? Theres alot of ball to play yet

Normally I wouldn't bother mentioning when a guy has a surprisingly bad or good game and I've benched him, because that happens a lot throughout a 162-game season...

...but that said, it's positively mind-boggling how often I bench one hitter in favor of another because their matchup is clearly better, and they end up having a good game. And vice-versa. It defies all logic. Lefty up against a bad righty? 0-for-4. Same dude up against a lefty? Multi-hit game. Oy.

Okay, whining over. It has to even out eventually.

^^^ Oh I hate that. Makes me want to carry a thin bench on offense so my hearts not broken.

Okay, my team is pretty bad. It's almost Memorial Day, but I still think I have time to come back to a respectable level. I'm actually trying, I swear!

Dropping Khris Davis (I knew I shouldn't have trusted him, spelling his name that way) and Swisher to the bench, wait for Santana, Carpenter, Sandoval, and Hanley to get going, and enjoy Giancarlo and Brandon Moss's production. In terms of pitching, Price is going to be fine, Cashner going on the DL is a blow, and Cain and Yordano should be fine. I'm hoping Hughes and McCarthy can give me a little stability.

Also, I can't let this slide:
Cut those big names like Hamel, Sabathia, Archer, Bailey, and I dont think Mat Latos will help any
That's a pretty bald-faced attempt to get some free pitching on the waiver wire, Tongo!

Theyre done. The only reason hes hanging onto CC is hes a Yankee fan. Bailey has a 5.44 Era & a 1.58 Whip, and how he got 3 Wins is only because hes on the Reds. Hamels & Latos probably still have some gas left in the tank so I spoke premature with those two.

No, I wouldnt touch the others on waivers. Heck I just kicked Marco Estrada to waivers for getting beat by the Cubs.

Theyre done. The only reason hes hanging onto CC is hes a Yankee fan. Bailey has a 5.44 Era & a 1.58 Whip, and how he got 3 Wins is only because hes on the Reds. Hamels & Latos probably still have some gas left in the tank so I spoke premature with those two.

No, I wouldnt touch the others on waivers. Heck I just kicked Marco Estrada to waivers for getting beat by the Cubs.
Sabathia is the only one I might cut loose, due to injuries and decline. Homer Bailey is basically the same pitcher as he was last year, when he had a ~3.50 ERA and a 1.12 WHIP. He's just allowing about 60% more home runs than usual, and he's allowing an average of about 50 points higher on balls in play than his career rate. Basically, he's been unlucky and I'd expect him to put up about a ~3.50 ERA and ~1.20 WHIP the rest of the way. You can't look at his season-to-date statistics as an indicator of how he's going to do the rest of the season.

With that said, you're above me in the standings so my arguments probably don't count for much

Yeah that home run ball will make a pitcher non-FBB worthy real quick i.e. Chris Archer.

Now Jason Vargas takes his turn on my ERA!! Oh why cant you throw one of your low era games when someone picks you up off waivers oh I hate you Jason Vargas! AAUGH!

Tomorrow Im going to do two things which will boldly quell my era & whip woes this season. Hopefully quell that is.

Jake Odorizzi hasnt mastered his control issues completely, but man o man can the lad get strike outs. At home vs the A's, 4 innings with 8 K's, but hes given up 3 earned so far.

Meanwhile pitching for the A's I have Drew Pomeranz who doesnt get the K's but has a 0.00 era, and will end up with a low Whip.

And on my bench is Trevor Bauer who actually is doing good vs Detroit, and is good for a K an inning. Interesting group of Whodats.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
1! Impressive day. We will see about the consistency though.

I'm more surprised about Cuetos bad pitching performance, but that's gotta be a fluke.

Chris Davis hits 3 homers. Ahem! Hrm! Yeah. Thats the sounds of a stinging trade offer from the past I rejected blossoming right before my eyes for P&C. Sometimes you can learn from history, and sometimes history learns ya' the hard way.

It sucks to be at the bottom. It sucks a bunch. My best hope now is to sit and wait. Do nothing. I cant be more serious. Just sit. And wait. Patiently If I dont then I have no hope this season.