MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2014 - The Regular Season

Tools    

I never sit a pitcher. Only if it was at the end of the season and I was watching my innings count.

So, I was at last night's Pirates game. That was...something. Also, this happened:

Dude! This is a sign! With your team name and it happening when you were there? Dude.

A system of cells interlinked
Jay Bruce: 4 Weeks

Damn!

I lost two key guys in the first weeks of the season. Finally getting rounded back into shape.

Tulo is a beast! Hope he stays healthy all year.
I'm really regretting taking Hanley over Tulo

Tulo's probably the 2nd best player in MLB when he's healthy (after Trout, of course). Are there any other solid candidates? He's got Miggy beat in defense and position, which makes up for the offensive gap.

I'm really regretting taking Hanley over Tulo

Tulo's probably the 2nd best player in MLB when he's healthy (after Trout, of course). Are there any other solid candidates? He's got Miggy beat in defense and position, which makes up for the offensive gap.
Besides being a great bat, Evan Longoria's a golden glove level fielder. Also there's Clayton Kershaw.

Speaking of Kershaw, this is his first day back! HUZZAH! He is @ Was, thrown 6 innings, 8 K's, 0.00 ERA, and 1.33 Whip. I dont think he's done yet either.

Another nice surprise tonight is one of my 2 spot starters Henderson Alvarez who has thrown 8 innings, 6 Ks, 0.00 ERA, and a 0.63 Whip. Double Huzzah

While Cobb & Pineda heal this month Ive found 3 Marlin pitchers to help tide me over. Eovaldi will end up staying because of his consistently high K count with better bats supporting him this year, but Koehler & Alvarez are doing spectacular delivering microscopic Eras & Whips against the Mets. Padres are next.

Waino and Strasburg both dialed up great starts last night, and Jim Johnson got a save. My pitching is starting to come together! Still some work to do, but I figure can gain a few more points if no one gets destroyed this week. With multiple bats on the DL, I need pitching to pick up the slack.

If youre looking for a rock solid foundation for your squads point total, pitchings the way to go. My plan is for Kershaw, Tanaka, Cobb, & Friends accompanied by low era/whip & high K closers.

My plan for offense is to grab some "name" guys off waivers, instead of the streakers, that might or might not have been dropped prematurely. If this were two months from now it would be the streak strategy, but the seasons young still for some good solid grabs.

Yeah, I saw some decent talent on the wire that might have just been slumping a bit to start the season. If I see TOP 100 ranked dudes floating, I stash them, JIC.

I am running Rasmus right now though, due to injury, and we all know this guy... Meanwhile, dude is on a hitting streak and keeps launching bombs almost daily. I'll take it for now!

As for a solid foundation, I think Wainright, Strasburg, Sanchez, Hammel, Lacky, and Gio will suffice, with Street, Johnson, and Lights-Out Soria grabbing me saves here and there. For once in this league, I am happy with my pitching. My offense is pretty dinged right now, and my lead in some categories eroded quiker than I thought they would. Hopefully my slumpers start hitting again soon!