Horror Movies

Tools    

Originally Posted by Greer_and_Chris
i don't really like slash and stalk movies its the same deal over and over just a different cover give me the dark twisted horrors i love those - they need to be really shocking for me.

Chris
give Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer a try as well...its a good combination between crime drama/horror...good story (its a true story so it might be a bad story!) about a serial who murders like a slasher killer but in a tale of realism

Horrorphiliac

Originally Posted by Sedai
What about The Descent? I thought that was a great old fashioned horror/thriller, that built tension, and still hit us with some over the top shredding to satisfy all the gore-heads out there... Best horror film in years, IMO. Then again, I thought both of Rob Zombie's films were complete garbage.

HERE HERE! And the award to owning a great opinion goes to....Sedai!!!

My life isn't written very well.
HERE HERE! And the award to owning a great opinion goes to....Sedai!!!
As per usual... !

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Originally Posted by Kesson_Daslef
I'm not sure if there is already a thread about this, but what the heck.I'm a big fan of the horror genre especially the old ones(all the new horror movies suck except for House of a Thousand Corpses and The Devil Rejects), but I was just wondering if anyone else is fan of the horror genre.
I'm a big horror fan -- although I have not seen the movies you noted. But recently I've seen:

- Ginger Snaps (awful)
- Wolf Creek (excellent)
- Wrong Turn (been there, done that)
- Dog Soldiers (best werewolf movie ever made)
- Cabin Fever (beyond terrible)
- Hostel (has its moments, but not enough of them)
- The Descent (very scary, although loses it at the end)

Texas Chainsaw Massachre
Resurection
Chuckie's Bride

I like the horror films, but they're not my favorite type. Especially the recent "horror" films. All they do is hack people up. No real story to them or drama, just seeing how gross they can be I guess...

Originally Posted by Dark Party
- Dog Soldiers (best werewolf movie ever made)
This looks like B movie quality but that's only me viewing the back of the DVD cover heheh. The front of the cover looks sweet ginger brown.

They tried to entice me with that "From The Producer of Hellraiser", even though I know Hellraiser is all Clive Barker and not the producer. I found Dog Soldiers boring.

Thoughts on the undead? It's trailer is on my site - below.

I personally like the Stephen King film, IT -- freaks the bejesus out of me!

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
They tried to entice me with that "From The Producer of Hellraiser", even though I know Hellraiser is all Clive Barker and not the producer. I found Dog Soldiers boring.
I never saw Hellraiser. But yeah, I mean the word producers rarely have me saying 'well it must be ok' since it's the director/writer/and cgi teams who more or less get me thinking twice whether a movie is worth it or not "IF" of course they are trying to advertise those names to bring people to watch it.

Originally Posted by offtheset
Thoughts on the undead? It's trailer is on my site - below.

I personally like the Stephen King film, IT -- freaks the bejesus out of me!
I hated the ending of "IT". I couldn't believe I wasted all that time watching that mini series only to have that thrown in my face. I can barely remember two scenes of it now and I'm sure that's all to do with will power.

horror is one of my favourite genres i love films like the shining and an american werewolf in london but i think horror now is crap it's all just blood and gore or a bunch of teenagers go out on a holiday in the woods and theres somthing out there. I hope that a original horror movie will come out soon and it wont be filled with gore and sex.

I love horror films.

my favs include:

Halloween series
Scream series
The Haunting
Psycho
The Shining

Movie Forums Extra
John Carpenter is god of horrors...