Searching for a certain SciFi/Horror movie

Tools    

Hello all,

I finally registered in hope of finding people who maybe know the movie I have been looking for for ages...

The movie takes place in a very dry country in the States. I would guess it is Texas or so. The protagonist lives in or visits a small desert town and hears about some rumors of a coming event (or something like that). Searching the vicinity of the town he finds some carvings/paintings in a cave depicting some kind of alien city/huge UFO that is going to land.

And well, in the end it really lands and the inhabitants are not very friendly. As far as I can remember they look like humans with armor or cyborgs with huge weapons or so.

I watched it as a little kid (thanks dad for the nightmares ) in the mid 80s. So it is kinda old.

Thanks in advance!!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
The Day Time Ended (1980)

A small family relocates to the Sonoran Desert, to be closer to the grandparents of the family. Though there are news reports of a spectacular triple supernova, and the young granddaughter has seen a glowing alien construction behind the barn, the family is at ease until, one night, a UFO soars over head and appears to land in the nearby hills. Apparently, the triple supernova has opened a rift in space and time. The family finds that their electrical appliances no longer function, and the youngest daughter of the family has a telepathic encounter with an extraterrestrial. The grandmother, too, sees one of these diminutive creatures beckoning to her, but it soon vanishes. The grandfather, while trying to start the car, sees that a strange animal is approaching from the distance. The grandfather goes back inside and informs the family that something is coming; before long, a variety of horrific, alien monsters (all of these creatures being of a reptilian or amphibious nature) are proceeding to slaughter each other outside the house; some are trying to break in (after knocking) and kill the family. After a few moments, the same UFO from before appears in the sky, and teleports the creatures to a different place. The family take this opportunity to escape to the barn, which is more easily defensible than the house. The family become separated from one another and each hides until sunrise, where they find that they have been launched thousands of years into the future. They meet up with the daughter, who had become separated from the family during one of the time-warp events. She knows, somehow, that everything is going to be fine now. After walking across the desert, they finally see a domed city in the distance, and decide to seek refuge there.
I could not find a trailer but this is a short scene that shows what the aliens look like.

This is just a guess but the description sounded like a possible match except for the aliens looking like humans.

Ah, darn, this is not he movie I meant. Though I have to say the trailer looks quite funny. Guess I have to watch it some time

The movie I am looking for was of a higher quality, I think. This one kinda has the feeling of the 60s somehow. I don't know.

But thank you very much for the first guess. That lets me hope

Yes, I am quite sure that it was an American movie, although I have seen it in German. It could be from the 70s as well, though I doubt it is much older.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...-fiction_films

Here is a list of most Science Fiction movies divided up by year they came out, I have looked through the American and German films from the 70's and 80's and can't find one that matches your description, are there any other details that you can maybe remember.

Thank you very much for your help!

But no, I am sorry, nothing else. I only remember what I have posted above. I was 7 to 10 when I watched the movie and didn't sleep to well afterwards

I always thought Charlie Sheen was the protagonist and although his film "The Arrival" has a more than a fitting title, it isn't the one I am looking for.

But what non American studio could have made such a movie in the 70s or 80s? It definitely was produced in the west.

The "visitors" came with one or more huge cities and landed on Earth and their leader was marching down some kind of huge ramp, had a big weapon and I think a bald head with pipes leading from his neck/head to his "armor".

And I am 100% sure that I did not dream that!

Where else could I look?

Edit: I remember that the city/cities had a dome or shield and were built upon some kind of structure with landing supports.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
When you say this took place probably in Texas are you sure it was on earth or could it have been another planet?

Only Sci-Fi movie from the 80's with Charlie Sheen that I know of and IMDB agree's is.

That was a very cool movie, by the way

Yes, it definitely played on Earth and I am convinced it was in the States, as the style was somehow like "The Car".

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...raterrestrials

^Here is a list of all movies featuring extraterrestrials, I have watched the trailer for every movie on that from 1970 to 1990 and the only one that even comes close to matching your description of the "visitor" is Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn. This is not a serious suggestion, I highly doubt if there is anyway this is the movie you described, but thought I would post it anyways, can't hurt.

I have gone through the list as well and did not find anything...

Can it be that it was an episode of Twilight Zone or something like that? Were there any other series that had independent episodes? Maybe it was no stand alone movie?

It is unbelievable that we cannot find anything....or maybe it was from the late 60s? This really leaves me buffled...

Edit: Still, I am quite sure that it was a movie. Before they did land, they send some scouts who checked the area and those episodes never were too long. Arrrgg....

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...HumanoidAliens

There are a lot of TV shows that had aliens in them but I am not really familiar with any around that time period, if it was from the twilight zone it had to be the 1985 run, and I never got into the newer ones.

Quirk, just in case it was an episode from the original series of the Twilight Zone, I worked my way through them all and came up with only two that came close to your description. They are:

The Invaders (Jan 1961) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734648/

To Serve Man (March 1962) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734684/

It might be worth having a look at those, and I will keep looking for any movies that come close to your description. Do you remember if the movie was in color or B&W? Also, can you confirm that there is no way this movie could be after say mid 1980s? It's just that it sounds like a fairly modern movie to me.

Hey Saturn,

I had a look at both of them and neither fits. So as akatemple wrote, if it is from Twilight Zone, it must be in the newer episodes. I will try to find an overview.

The movie definitely was in color and I assume that it was produced in the 80s. I must have been between...6 and 10 years old, which would be '85 to '89. The movie was on TV, so can at least not be from '89, I would say.

Thank you very much akatemple, though again no luck....no description fits.

I am becoming nuts, I really have seen that movie. I even remember that my sister and I couldn't sleep afterwards and my dad had to stay in our room till we fell asleep.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Just the description about the visitors, the pipes part I have been searching and found a picture from a Dr. Who episode, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Another shot, the action figure on the left.

And just for the hell of it another alien from the Dr. Who show.

Ah, I remember this bald guy from Dr.Who

Now take him, change his proportions to human and put some pipes from his lower head leading to the armor and it would fit.
I remember that the leader was the only one who had no helmet. The other ones look a bit like the warriors from Krull.

The aliens in Strange Invaders aren't armour clad cyborgs, but bug eyed ET-a-likes hiding in human form. They've been living in a small rural town since the fifties until Le Mat's character disturbs them. I don't recall a cave painting scene either.

That said I'm stumped on this one. It's probably from an old tv show like The Invaders.