Who shall Badger with me?

Tools    

Hmmm, while we are still (a little bit) on the topic of wishing, is there a perfect job that you would just love to have for the rest of your life?

Besides being Pope -- hee hee -- I have always thought it would be great to be an archaeologist. I would either be in the Middle East, deciphering the mysterious proto-Gospel, the GOSPEL OF Q, or I would be in CHina, digging up the First Emperor's Tomb. By the way, Commish, a discussion of apochrypal gospels on another thread, I forget which, reminds me of a "Gospel" of which you might not have heard.

This is the alleged "Infancy Gospel," attributed sometimes to James or Thomas. In this one, the boy Jesus raises a fallen playmate from the dead, and actually meets all his future Disciples, including the big bad bully Judas, who plays with Jesus and then hits Him and makes Him cry.

The perfect job for me would be that I would own this coffee/alcohol bar on Kaanapali Island or maybe on a cliff overlooking Kilauea and it would be half bar/half bookstore and people would come from all over and talk books and life. I would also have a little moviehouse on the side. In a tin shack that I will line with something (so the sound will be good) and there would be a moviescreen made of a plastic board (so it doesn't curl up in Hawaiian humidity) and there would be benches with backs and I would charge people a buck a head to see my collection. There would be shaved ice instead of soda and instead of popcorn, it would be chocolate covered Macadamia nuts.

Tending a bar/bookshop is a great career, Wart. If I were more sedentary (unfortunately, I have the wanderlust), I could see myself doing such a thing. Orchids and dancing hula dolls on the bar counter and the cashiers desk, highly polished wooden floors, some "discontinued" carrels from the university libraries, free newspapers from around the world, maybe some local art on the walls, a three-legged black, orange & tan cat named Tripod who's always sleeping on the pile of VARIETY, a life-size gold Buddha at the door, his stomach rubbed free of gilt after several years ... hmmm, this is what comes when you write posts on one's off-day.

Hello, guess who's back.

You boys have been busy, aint' ya.

Marge: Homer, you don't think what we're
doing is wrong do you?
Homer: Marge, I don't think anything I've
ever done is wrong.

TOBY! Glad to have you back. Hope all went well with the secret mission. Hint hint.

Hi Toby,

We wish we were busier. There's Only 85 messages to this thread. We're trying to reach 500. We must be really boring because without you--there's only the three of us (for the most part) posting regularly here. I hope you have a nightstand. I'm gonna post my table thoughts this weekend.

It would Only be on the Net that people are interested in the leftovers and bric-a-brac on your desk. Love it all. Makes people seem more like people--rather than obake.

What do you mean there are ONLY 85 messages on this thread? That's A LOT, considering there's only three or four of us posting here every other day. And look at the number of views! I wonder who those people are. Our amazingly deep Spinozan conversations about shaved ice and imaginary gospels must be fascinating. SO WHAT'S ON YOUR DESK, QUART? YOU TOO, TOBEE? I wonder why no one ever admits to PLAYBOY or HUSTLER or READERS DIGEST?

Reader's Digest - Hahahahaha.

85 is indeed a lot - I think this is the second-most prolific thread (in terms of posts, that is, not views) in this site's (albeit short) history. It's definintely close to the first.

Hey Pigman, what ya' mean hint hint?

I have nothing of interest on my bedside table.

Except for an alarm clock a well cared for plant
and cigarettes ount ashtray.

seriously though, all I did was change jobs and
generally improve my life.

So, what's up with you fellows?

C'MON, we know you got on SURVIVOR 3!!! We also know, from sources who shall remain childless, that you joined an Eco Challenge Team called TEAM TEMPURA. You can't pull the woolies over our eyes.

And my X-ray overseas vision tells me that you got a copy of BRIDGET JONES' DIARY on your bedside table next to an enormous panty.

And a jar of cold cream and a box of tissues.
Who have you been talking to?

My ex, the loud mouthed bitch!

And what EXACTLY is on your bedside table Pigsnie?

I shudder to think.

Look in the nightstand thread, me dear, and you will go on a Wondrous Voyage of Discovery. Wouldn't Kerryanne be tickled if she knew the intimate details of my shaving mug.

Hello Pigsnie!

wow! Exactly how big is your bedside table,
Pigsnie?

That was quite a list, anyhoo, I do not have a
bedside table. Just a coffe table, so I shouldn't
Post there.

Interesting topic though, I look forward to what
you come up with next.

Wart, twt commish, what are you fellas up to?

What ever happened to thmilin?

So tell us what is on your coffee table. (Tsk tsk, typical Aussie, no nightstands!)

I think Thmilin doth not wish to flirt with a man who dates a girl with splendid horsey thighs. THMILIN, did I forget to mention that I look like Colin Firth AND Jude Law and that it does not matter to me how spacious my girlfriends' panties are?

I am emptying 3 dozen eggs that I have to paint and dry and then I have to get up at 6 to hide them in my parent's front yard that's very big. (A very big Easter omelet tomorrow.) Before I hide the eggs, I also have to clean the yard of dog, goat and duck turds. I have to hang paper egg lanterns. (My folks are really into Easter--ugh) I have to secure goat and ducks into their pens. Before I hide the eggs, I also have to wrap them individually in clear cellophane. Before I wrap them, I have to fill some with paper confetti, or color water (joke eggs), tiny candies, brass tokens, money, paper fortunes. I love Easter. :bawl:

At least, I don't have to cook or look after the kiddies. And maybe it will rain. Ha ha!

You are so full of Easter Spirit, Wort! By the way, HAPPY EASTER -- it's 6:30ish in the morning, London time, but I've been up for hours meself, making Easter eggs for a friend's charity thing. (Fortunately, I did not have to go to his place to bury all the dead infected livestock, hee hee.) Hmmm, your water eggs are a great idea ; I have no imagination at all, so I stuff my eggs with 5 pound notes and paste on stickers of Madonna & Britney Spears as decoration. (HEY, look at the eggs on those babies, chortle!)

PS. Your parents own a farm, Wort? (What with all your turd sweepin' & all.) NICE!

LOL, I should have thought of that. Pasting Britney on the eggs! The Easter Egg Hunt was a success. Was over in 20 minutes. The 6-year-olds are the most rabid ones. 2 of the water eggs have been dropped down the dress of one aunt and the others have been used, as usual, in an egg fight. The money eggs are popular too. There's barter going on between these kids--I can tell. They're trading eggs without knowing what's in them. Very canny. Basically betting what they think their egg's worth.

Its not a farm really. The ducks are pets and a goat's a "natural" lawnmower. My dad's too laid back to mow the yard himself. If my mom let him, their yard would return to "jungle."