Rest in Peace Luna

Tools    

So very sorry for you loss, mate. I don't really know what to say and I don't think anything I can say would make you feel better but you have my most sincerest condolences for yourself and your family.

I'm at a loss for words here. No one should ever have to go through losing his/her kid or grandkid. All I can do is offer my deepest condoleances for your loss and I hope you'll find a way to give this a place in your life over time.

A system of cells interlinked
Well, this is just terrible. I am so sorry for your loss, 7th. My family went though something similar recently, and it is not easy, ever. May you have the strength and courage to face the times ahead.

I only just read your post 7th. I'm so sad for you and your daughter. Good that you're there to support your daughter, she'll need your strength. You have many friends here to support you too.
x

The song I am dedicating to Luna to be played at her funeral:

"Hanging By A Thread"

There's a kind of emptiness that can fill you
There's a kind of hunger that can eat you up
There's a cold and darker side of the moonlight
And there's a lonely side of love

With you here
Baby I am strong
No sign of weakness
With you gone
Baby I am hanging by a thread

There's a certain kind of pain that can numb you
There's a type of freedom that can tie you down
Sometimes the unexplained can define you
And sometimes the silence is the only sound

With you here
Baby I am strong
No sign of weakness
With you gone
With you here
Baby I am strong
No sign of weakness
With you gone

I'm literally in tears writing this reply. That song says so much in two small verses. I think it is extremely appropriate for her dedication from you, 7thson. You couldn't have found another more fitting.

My heart goes out to you and yours. The English language does not allow for such emotion to be put into words, so know when I say "my condolences on your loss" that their is a wealth of greater meaning behind it.

there's a frog in my snake oil
That's terrible 7th! At least your daugther has you and the rest of her family around her at this time. All my love to y'all mate, hope you get through this together.

Thoughts and words from me about the loss of Luna:

My heart has never experienced a loss this hurtful and senseless, it physically cripples me to think of my little Luna gone forever. A part of me has been ripped out and I suffer the worst pain that could ever be asked or bestowed upon anyone with the exception of my daughter and Luna's father Brahm. They are both very strong today and I am proud of what great parents they are and of how they have held up and told their baby girl goodbye. Luna was put in a large basket (they did not want a coffin) surrounded by flowers and friends and family. She looked like the most perfect little angel resting in peace. She smiled for the first time the day before she was taken away, and that image will always be with me forever. I will also never forget the last time I ever held her, she was crying because she was hungry and I was watching her while her parents were gone. I picked her up and held her and gave her a bottle and she instantly quieted down and made her funny little grunts and moans as she drank. I was the happiest I had been in a long while at that moment, even if I did not know it at the time. The rest of today and for the remainder of my life I will hold her memory close and be thankful for the two months that I was able to share my days with her. She will continue to live on in my heart as well as many others. I had been holding together pretty well during the funeral until it was over and just close friends and family were left. Kristina and Brahm held little Luna for the last time and I finally let go as well as many others that were with them. I cannot imagine how it felt for them to lay her back down into the basket knowing they would never touch her again. As I have said before: I have been to war, I have seen so many terrible things and I have experienced tragic loss, but this, oh God, THIS still seems like just an awful dream.

Even though the grief is strong and the days are difficult we will all be strong and continue on together as a family and individually as well. I believe that my own child will become stronger than the grief and everything else in life will be easy in comparison. Kristina my baby girl, you will overcome this and you will become an astounding woman and Allison still needs you so much -there are some tough days ahead, but I think the worst is behind you. I will always be here to catch you if you need me too, I love you so much.

Goodbye Luna Marie - you will be missed, but I know you are still with us all.

Also some pictures of Luna and the letting go of the balloons into the night sky after the funeral.

Once again I thank all of you for the kind wordss and supportand you are more than welcome to sign the guestbook on the obit' link on previous post _ We would all welcome it.

I will update on the official cause of death when it becomes available, but the tests are going to take a long time so I am told.

Peace be with you all and it is time to get back to watching some movies and watching the Steelers win.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
your words were just beautiful and thank you for sharing the pain. my heart has been heavy since i read this. in a way, i hold julesee a little more tighter. pray for you and the family every night as well.

as for the steelers winning, least they don't have to play the Terrible Titans again this season!! i would like to see them in the Super Bowl just to see how big that dude's hair is really!!

hugs, dionne~~

I'm very sorry to hear this. You and I talked about this sort of thing a year or so ago. That it's the worst thing in life anyone could ever suffer through. No parent should have to go through this. Again, I'm very sorry. It breaks my heart. *Hugs*

Quick update for those interested: We picked up Luna's Ashes today - They have her in a treasure chest instead of an Urn. Looks real nice. Still struggling with this, but getting a little better day by day.

Thanks all.

I just read this... and have no idea what to say other than I am so so sorry Dionne...

hugs and much love...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)