Marijuana: Do you do it?

Tools    

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
It would be interesting to know why it is banned in so many other countries though.
main argument , as in many other countries i presume, is that it could lead to heavier drugs....:-/
funny how alcohol isn't banned because it could lead to alcoholism....
legislative bodies are composed of geriatrics who've never even tried it...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by AmandaSparks
Another possible theory I've heard is that the energy industry wants it illegal since hemp is supposedly a good energy source.

It also supposedly became illegal after prohibition as a trade-off for the legalization of alcohol.
Both interesting and similarly pork-barrely. :/

Originally Posted by adidasss
main argument , as in many other countries i presume, is that it could lead to heavier drugs....:-/
Yeah... you point out the very reason that all that seems suspect to me. It seems like a big nanny move, and it surprises me that it's so pervasive given that not all governments are so nanny...ist.

Weed as a gateway drug is no longer a valid approach. The statistics say 85% of those who try marijuana will not do anything beyond that.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Yeah... you point out the very reason that all that seems suspect to me. It seems like a big nanny move, and it surprises me that it's so pervasive given that not all governments are so nanny...ist.
The tobacco companies would make big bucks either way, so i kinda doubt they're that influential in the decision. (Lots of people smoke ganja mixed with tobacco - i doubt that'd change if it got legalised).

And non-intoxicating industrial hemp is now readily available.

My suspicion is that ganja remains illegal partially coz it does have 'antisocial'/non-productive aspects - as with alchohol & cigarettes etc. As such, governments don't think it's worth endorsing another of these drugs. They think their populaces are both chemically-mollified and slovenly enough

i dont. i do think it should be legalized, though, if tobacco and alcohol is.
"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory."

-
Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore

A system of cells interlinked
All set with that ****. Tis no good.

Wuv,tru wuv will forrow you forevah
I have smoked it a few times and pretty much it just made me really tired so I haven't done it in almost two years now. I suppose if I need to really fall asleep then it would come in handy.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Definitely not. I do see the medicinal benefits of it, and I support THAT, but I seriously dislike people who smoke it recreationally.

Oh, and it became illegal due mostly to the efforts of William Randolph Hearst, who owned many paper mills and wasn't making a profit because hemp was cheaper. So he had his newspapers call for it's criminalization with reports by "doctors" he paid off to falsify their findings. The public bought it and the government had to follow suit.

Level 2 : Farmer
Since I live in Vancouver, BC I have smoked alot of weed throughout my life, it is bascially a " normal " thing to do here with pretty much no penalties from the police.

Im almost 17 and i have been doing it since I was almost 15. During the school year I do it only on weekends but during summer I do it alot more. right now im vacationing in croatia and everyone I hang out with that lives here does it all the time so I do it alot more when I dont have to worry about school.

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
Im almost 17 and i have been doing it since I was almost 15. During the school year I do it only on weekends but during summer I do it alot more. right now im vacationing in croatia and everyone I hang out with that lives here does it all the time so I do it alot more when I dont have to worry about school.
hahaha....tis the croatian way....

I wipe my ass with your feelings
I would say something that would get me banned, but I love mofoers.

Never tried it. Never will. I'm CM Punk!

Weed as a gateway drug is no longer a valid approach. The statistics say 85% of those who try marijuana will not do anything beyond that.
Link?

Also I must add that 73% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Including this one.
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Like I said i have been doing it for almost two years and I have never felt like I wanted to do any other type of drug. And I dont think I ever will. I have smoked a 3 ciggarettes in my life because of it but thats it

A system of cells interlinked
tis so!
Not for me it isn't. Try smoking every day for like, 18 years, see how life is going, then tell me about how cool it is....

Originally Posted by Sedai
Not for me it isn't. Try smoking every day for like, 18 years, see how life is going, then tell me about how cool it is....
yes sir! talk to you in 18 years...

In a Bulgarian forum we had the pretty much the same thread but we disscused "Is marijuana a drug or not?".Yeah officialy it's a drug if the police catch you they will lock you up for sure,Although it leads to some side effects like hallucinations melancholy and some will say that feels good "it relaxes me helps me trough difficult moments and stuff" but all it does is frying your brain.

Originally Posted by B-card
In a Bulgarian forum we had the pretty much the same thread but we disscused "Is marijuana a drug or not?".Yeah officialy it's a drug if the police catch you they will lock you up for sure,Although it leads to some side effects like hallucinations melancholy and some will say that feels good "it relaxes me helps me trough difficult moments and stuff" but all it does is frying your brain.
yet to be proven....

oh and sedai, do you by any chance drink alchohol?