Worst career decision by an actor - 2003?

Tools    

Who made the worst career decision by picking the wrong role in 2003?

Have at it!

you know I almost said Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck in 'Gigli', but then I realized that to make a career descision you have to have talent, and what harm 'Gigli' didn't do that 'Paycheck' did?

I soooo wanna say Jim Carey in the Majestic, but I haven't seen it. I mean why is it so terrible that JC played in a dramatic movie. There are around 5 dramatic moments in Liar Liar, and that's one of his funniest movies! Or how about Harrison Ford in Hollywood Homicide? Crap, I haven't seen that either!
And found he was eating his shoe.

The Majestic was released in 2001. The only movie Jim Carrey was in this year was Bruce Almighty.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
The Majestic was released in 2001. The only movie Jim Carrey was in this year was Bruce Almighty.
Oh yeah, I forgot. I was thinking of just bad career decisions.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by allthatglitters
you know I almost said Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck in 'Gigli', but then I realized that to make a career descision you have to have talent, and what harm 'Gigli' didn't do that 'Paycheck' did?
I'd say Ben Affleck. He was so incredibly awful in Gigli. If anything, I thought JLo was more appealing....probably because I don't think of her as an actress but a star. Ben on the other hand...and at least for me...I've always thought of as an actor, but because of this movie seems to be more interested in being a star than an actor. I won't pay good money and babysitting money to boot to watch him on the big screen.

Also...I wanted to mention Steve Martin in the 'Looney Tunes' Movie. It wasn't career damaging (I respect the man so much and LOVE many of his movies)...but I felt he just made a really bad choice in how he played his character. I didn't mind him being in the movie...I've enjoyed seeing him pop up in cameo roles in the past like in The Muppet Movie and The Little Shop of Horrors...but he was pretty awful in 'Looney Tunes.' It was almost embarrassing to watch him play the over the top head of Acme the way he played him.

My pick.... Eddie Murphy...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

everything vin diesel did in 2003 was one big mistake, even his now failing videogame production company...

and considering his decision to opt out from xxx 2 and fast and furious 2 to make a disney flick about "meddling kids" it looks like 2004 will not be his year either...

A louse has more talent then Vin Diesel

if not vin diesel then heath ledger... i think he thought that ned kelly was gonna clear up the oscars... unfortunatly not

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Smoke286
A louse has more talent then Vin Diesel
Unfortunately, as JLO has proven...it doesn't just take talent...she can't act, but she does have 'it' and a following going for her. Vin Diesel is no different...even if some people don't like him as an actor...he's sure has 'it.'...and I'd sure follow him into the wilderness.

Just think of Vin as the male version of JLo.

Someone Save Us College Kids
well this one is a little outside of 2003 but jaun claude van dam played aa guile in street fighter after that his career suck

Was Swept Away 2003? If so, you could say that Madonna made a bad career move .. but then again .. she has no acting career to screw up! Looks worse for Mr. Ritchie!!!

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by matrix_squared
if not vin diesel then heath ledger... i think he thought that ned kelly was gonna clear up the oscars... unfortunatly not
Ned Kelly was a very decent movie
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Yes Jennifer Lopez in "Gigli" was awful bad pick!Also Jim Cerey in "Mestiic"That was not a Jim Cerey movie at all!
Let's see there was another movie too that could had been a better movie because of the cast!
But I forget the name oh well!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Screamingly Innocent...
Jim Carrey - The Majestic... I think Bruce Almighty was by far better than majestic.

Ben Affleck - Everything... He just makes me wanna puke.

Steve Martin - Everything... You're not on SNL anymore.

J-Lo - Everything... Go sing something!

Madonna - Everything... She can sing better than she can act.

Lopez acts better then she sings IMO.

In the Beginning...
I haven't seen The Majestic, but I've heard that a lot of people liked it because it wasn't a typical Jim Carrey movie. I'd like to see it, because Jim Carrey's got some acting range that most people never see. He proved that with Man On The Moon and The Truman Show, and I like seeing him in something other than slapstick comedy.

My pick: Ben Affleck (but not Jennifer Lopez). I would expect J.Lo to stage a publicity stunt like that relationship, but I didn't think Ben Affleck had a big enough head. It's a shame, too: he's capable of some pretty good work (by good work, I'm referring to the Kevin Smith films and Changing Lanes, but after that...pssh).

i think Cuba Gooding Jr. and Boat Trip was a bad idea.

Originally Posted by SweetNocturna
Jim Carrey - The Majestic... I think Bruce Almighty was by far better than majestic.
I haven't seen the Majestic, but I also think Bruce A. was his best movie. But just because Jim Carey did a dramatic movie, I don't see why it is automatically hated by everybody.

Originally Posted by SweetNocturna
Steve Martin - Everything... You're not on SNL anymore.
BLASPHEMY! There are plenty of good SM movies out there.
1.Bringin' Down the House
2.Planes Trains and Automobiles
3.the Jerk