that one dvd

Tools    

everyone out there must have that one dvd or video in their collection that they look at and go

"how did that get there?"
or
"why the hell did I buy that"

mine would have to be Jurassic Park 3... i got it ages ago and keep meaning to get 1 and 2 but never get round to it... so it just kind of sits there looking really lame... it's not even that good a film...

anyone else have the odd "stinker" in thier dvd collection

I can't say that I have one of those. I like the movies that I buy.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by matrix_squared
everyone out there must have that one dvd or video in their collection that they look at and go

"how did that get there?"
or
"why the hell did I buy that"

mine would have to be Jurassic Park 3... i got it ages ago and keep meaning to get 1 and 2 but never get round to it... so it just kind of sits there looking really lame... it's not even that good a film...

anyone else have the odd "stinker" in thier dvd collection
I have one that I dont know why I even bought in the first place, 2 years ago I bought Cant Hardly Wait on DVD. I have no idea why I bought it, in fact I dont even like the film. I'm embarresed to have it in my collection.

I must become Caligari..!
I got a bunch of s*it that came with my DVD player... Holy Man, Treasure Planet and somthing elese.... Well i dont even count them in my collection
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

A system of cells interlinked
Silent Running....

this is a good movie as far as story, acting, concepts etc....

Why is it my chosen stinker? Three words....

Joan Baez soundtrack. This woman sounds like cat that has been lit on fire and hit with lawn darts in non-vital areas.

I have a massive weakness for anything that comes in a cool looking box, so i kinda go
"oh wow that'll look good in my collection"

i also have a massive problem with not looking too much into the anime i buy... usually i read the reviews on animetic.com (a very cool site) but sometimes i'll do that stupid impulse buy thing and just pick any old tripe and hand over a wad of cash for it.

damn my weaknesses

Jason X

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I would have to say that mine would be "Killer Klowns from Outer Space". It's a good movie right!? I just remembered it from when I was a kid and had to buy it.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by spudracer
I would have to say that mine would be "Killer Klowns from Outer Space". It's a good movie right!? I just remembered it from when I was a kid and had to buy it.
That movie is a landmark in bad movies.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
I bought Nightmare on Elm Street (the original) because I hadn't seen it since it came out in the theater, and my memory of it was that it was good (much better than the sequels). However, after watching it, I traded it in at a place that takes used DVDs.
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

I bought Lucky Numbers for almost the same reason Mark. I had never seen it and it was priced at $3. I should probably give it to somebody.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."