Scariest movie of all time

Tools    

Personally, I am a really big fan of new age zombie movies, so other than 28 Days Later i thought Resident Evil was scary too. But overall, the scariest thing I have ever seen was the horrifying endind of Blair Witch Project.

Procrastinator who can't wait.
I thought the original TCM was very scary, but I'm frightened more by things of the unknown so I'd have to go with "Signs" as well, or maybe "Fire in the Sky".

Blair Witch was not scary to me at all. The whole runny-nose-in-the-flashlight was actually quite funny.

I don't find much entertainment in slasher films, and have successfully stayed away from the Friday the 13th series (sequels 1 - 135). Nightmare on Elm Street was fair, the sequels were full of shoddy makeup. Freddy went from looking burnt to looking like an oozing blister.

Scariest movie in terms of sheer FEAR? The Ring. I still have flashes of that darn little girl.

Most disturbing? The Exorcist.

Most Mind-Twisting? Clockwork Orange.

In reply to T.H.U.G's
"Also, what was the answer to infection? I thought the soldiers had it!"

there was no cure, you see the soldiers were getting restless so chris eccleston recorded a radio message saying they had the answer to infection, and promised them that women would come... cos as he put it

"women mean a future"

so in reality they were not really fighting for the good of mankind but just a bunch of glorified rapists

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by matrix_squared

oh and if you can get it look up ghostwatch, its on old uk "mocumentory" and possibly the scariest thing i have ever seen in my entire life as a kid

www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/tv/ghostwatch/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/tv/g...ch/intro.shtml

www.museumofhoaxes.com/ghostwatch.html

try these on for size... it was so scary they never ever played it again
I'd like to see some of those. Sounds really interesting and scary. Where can you see them at?

you can get it off of ebay (I think its the uk one so that'd be ebay.co.uk)

its a burnt copy so you'd need a pc to play it on, one of my mates had it and it wouldnt play on my ps2, xbox or dvd. It played on his cos his was **** hot and well pricey...

if you can get it its well worth a look

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Definently this one time classic:

This one too:

Ever wonder, though, that, after you watch a scary movie, it seems like it's so good, that, you actually want to see it again and you know you won't be afraid?

Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Definently this one time classic:

This isn't a comedy

Delirious and deluded
Top 2 scary movies of all time:

1-- The Shining

2-- The Amityville Horror.

I think The Exorcist is very overrated.

Delirious and deluded
I was just glancing over the other replies... I see a lot of great movies mentioned... Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Fire in the Sky are two of my favorites.

sorry, new here, but how comes i've see the Ring metioned but nor Ring2 which in my opinion is superior and far scarier?

I think the two movies that scared me the most were Pet Sematary and The Ring. Incredibly scary movies, that left me with images stuck in my head for nights!

Originally Posted by marksul
I think the two movies that scared me the most were Pet Sematary and The Ring. Incredibly scary movies, that left me with images stuck in my head for nights!
OMG Pet Semetary scared the **** out of me! Remember Zelda, the wife's sister who she poisoned? Every time she comes up, I panic because I get so scared. BTW, what in the heck is so scary about the Ring?
And found he was eating his shoe.

OMG Pet Semetary scared the **** out of me! Remember Zelda, the wife's sister who she poisoned? Every time she comes up, I panic because I get so scared. BTW, what in the heck is so scary about the Ring?
ya! Zelda was the scariest part of the movie by far. I guess The Ring wasn't SOOOOO scary but I have to admit, the end left me sleepless for the next two nights at least

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
ya! Zelda was the scariest part of the movie by far. I guess The Ring wasn't SOOOOO scary...but I have to admit, the end left me sleepless for the next two nights at least

oops...sorry about the double post. I'm still figuring everything out

Originally Posted by marksul
ya! Zelda was the scariest part of the movie by far. I guess The Ring wasn't SOOOOO scary but I have to admit, the end left me sleepless for the next two nights at least
Yeah, the ending of the Ring was pretty creepy