Favorite Obscure Movie

Tools    

District B13
My favorite obscure disney movie was Treasure Planet although the politics behind it make me furious.

I also enjoy Flash Gordon which is obscure in the states, and if Bully is counted as obscure then I like that too.

www.forumninja.com
Treasure Planet ruled! I wish more people had seen it.

David and Lisa (1962) This is a british move about two people with mental disorters. Very good. I remember watching this as a teen. The B/W dream scene of peoples heads sticking out of the face of a large clock. Their heads are where the numbers should be. As the hands move their heads are cut off.

Bad Morther****er
The Real Old World - I saw it a a film fest and never heard of it again
Owning Mahowny - This may not be so obscure but most of the people I talk to haven't even heard of it
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

I really enjoyed watching "Laurel Canyon" with Kate Beckinsale, Francis McDormand and Christian Bale. If you were ever curious about what its like to live in L.A. and be famous, check it out.
I also recommend "The Myth of Fingerprints" with Blythe Danner, Roy Scheider and Noah Wyle. This movie makes me feel better about my screwy family during the holidays

THESE ARE ONE'S THAT I LIKE THAT NONE OF MY FRIENDS KNOW:

A Slipping-Down Life

The Sleeping Dictionary

My First Mister

Blink

The Outsider (Showtime movie)

B. Monkey

Crime and Punishment in Suburbia

Garage Days

Eat your Heart out

Bandwagon

Snatch

Bad Morther****er
Originally Posted by special-k
Snatch
Where are you living that Snatch is an obscure movie, Iran?

Death Is So Becoming ;>
Something Wild (1961)

Mean Creek, Thirteen, Birth

Local Hero (Kinda fun to see Wedge, from Star Wars, as a Scottish pub owner.)

Hello newest member here

I need help finding out the name of an obscure film.

it goes a little something like this.

a Girl who lives in a poster (big billboard type thing) with her family falls in love with a man who lives in the real world her father anit happy about it and tries to stop her having the relationship.

Thats the premise please help as i aint been able to find any info on the net and i have wondered for many a year now.

sorry if this aint the place for it but i have been unable to start a new post.

cheers for any help

Originally Posted by tobie_lang
Hello newest member here

I need help finding out the name of an obscure film.

it goes a little something like this.

a Girl who lives in a poster (big billboard type thing) with her family falls in love with a man who lives in the real world her father anit happy about it and tries to stop her having the relationship.

Thats the premise please help as i aint been able to find any info on the net and i have wondered for many a year now.

sorry if this aint the place for it but i have been unable to start a new post.

cheers for any help
Mayhaps it is Xanadu (1980)?

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Chaotic Neutral
If I had to go with obscure, at least in America I would say They Call Me Mr Vampire. It an older Hong Kong movie about hopping vampires who could be paused from attacking by sticking a scroll to their heads. It also features a sympathetic succubus and magic performed by ingesting the victim's hair and then controlling their movements with one's own. I have met few people who have seen this but maybe in HK it was a blockbuster, I don't know.

As far as sleepers are concerned I choose the 1995 Kicking and Screaming about a group of recent graduates having trouble coping with life after college. It seems to be funny only to people who graduated (or didn't quite graduate) from college in the 90s.

Oh my god man, thats it i love these places, <forums> twenty odd years i have wondered now i know.

Xanadu, looks really bad though bugger.

Not how i remember

Oh my god man, thats it i love these places, <forums> twenty odd years i have wondered now i know.
Pikey knows all

Yeah it is like a cross between Grease and The Warriors.

Wait that sounds cool.

Chaotic Neutral
Xanadu is pretty damn bad. Although I'm sure there are people walking this earth thinking it is either so bad its good or bad meaning good. I am neither.

Colour out of Time
RESURRECTION MODE ... Activated

Liquid Sky (1982)

Invisible aliens in a tiny flying saucer come to Earth looking for heroin. They land on top of a New York apartment inhabited by a drug dealer and her female, androgynous, bisexual nymphomaniac lover, a fashion model. The aliens soon find the human pheromones created in the brain during orgasm preferable to heroin, and the model's casual sex partners begin to disappear. This increasingly bizarre scenario is observed by a lonely woman in the building across the street, a German scientist who is following the aliens, and an equally androgynous, drug-addicted male model. (Both models are played by Anne Carlisle, in a dual role.) Darkly funny and thoroughly weird.

Repo Man (1984)

Frustrated punk rocker Otto quits his supermarket job after slugging a co-worker, and is later dumped by his girlfriend at a party. Wandering the streets in frustration, he is recruited in the repossession of a car by a repo agent. After discovering his parents have donated his college fund to a televangelist, he joins the repossession agency (Helping Hand Acceptance Corporation) as an apprentice "repo man". During his training, he is introduced into the mercenary and paranoid world of the drivers, befriended by a UFO conspiracy theorist, confronted by rival repo agents, discovers some of his one-time friends have turned to a life of crime, is lectured to about cosmic unconsciousness by the repo agency grounds worker, and finds himself entangled in a web of intrigue concerning a huge repossession bounty on a 1964 Chevy Malabu driven by a lunatic government scientist, with Top Secret cargo in the trunk...

Terminal City Ricochet (1990)

Welcome to Terminal City, a decaying world where the citizens wallow amidst a mind-boggling profusion of discarded consumer goods; a ruthless world where television is exploited to its fullest to sell yet more needless junk to eager consumers; a bewildering land where the unreal is real and the real, unreal. Alex Stevens is hurled into this bedlam where he finds himself pitted against the maniacal Ross Gilmore, Mayor of Terminal City, and the evil Bruce Coddle, agent of Gilmore's Social Peace Enforcement Unit.

* All plots taken from IMDb site