I'm a movie fan, but I've never seen...

Tools    

Originally Posted by Thursday Next
I have never seen any Hitchcock films...
I want you watch them ohhh on Thursday.... next

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Ok, nebbit.

Which Hitchcock film is essential viewing (not the Birds cos I saw a clip of that when i was little and scared the hell out of me. Animal attacks creep me out no end!)

Originally Posted by Thursday Next
Which Hitchcock film is essential viewing (not the Birds cos I saw a clip of that when i was little and scared the hell out of me. Animal attacks creep me out no end!)
I'd say any combination of North by Northwest, Notorious, Psycho, Shadow of a Doubt, Rebecca and Rear Window is a great place to start if you've never seen any Hitchcock flicks (and how did you manage that for so long?).
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
I'll add one to Holden's list, as it has become one of my Hitchcock favs recently...

Strangers on a Train - GREAT character design, and some interesting film techniques. Also, wonderful final reel. Bruno is one of my favorite characterizations on film, and the structure of the film is also quite interesting to me. It's fun to watch the change in style when Hitch deals with the different characters. Many, many great scenes in this one....

Re: Shadow of a Doubt - I second this one. This was one of Hitchcock's favorites, from most accounts, and it is creepy, and not in a horror sort of way. It's 'ol Uncle Charlie that brings the uneasy feelings here. Another fine example of Hitchcock's command of character development.

some good films there

Originally Posted by Son Of A Preacher Man
Is Adaptation any good?
I like that Kauffman guy, but when I heard Meryll Streep takes off her gear I all the sudden felt no need to watch. And its not that I think Meryll Streep is ugly. Its that I think she is old and ugly.
that's such a nasty thing to say. I'd love to hang around here till you're 53 and see if you are as serene and as comfortable with herself as she is.

Originally Posted by christine
that's such a nasty thing to say. I'd love to hang around here till you're 53 and see if you are as serene and as comfortable with herself as she is.
Go Chrissie........... I am 54 I think I am Beautiful, more now than when i was twenty, I feel beautiful in side and comfortable with myself, I don't think I want to Son of a Bitch ever

I don't like Meryl Streep for various reasons, but her age is not one of them.

As for 'old' women taking their clothes off on screen - what about Jane Seymour in Wedding Crashers? She's in her fifties, but if I look that good when I'm 40 I will be more than happy...

Originally Posted by nebbit
Go Chrissie........... I am 54 I think I am Beautiful, more now than when i was twenty, I feel beautiful in side and comfortable with myself, I don't think I want to Son of a Bitch ever
go girl I bet you are too
x

STAR WARS

Yes, i have never seen any from this saga.

I'm planning a marathon some day, some day.

Game over man..Game over!
Deliverance....everyones always like "hey! it's like that scene in Deliverance!" and I never know what they are talking about.

Bad Morther****er
I've never seen Gone with the Wind. I find this particularly bad b/c it is also my girlfriend's favorite. I don't know how I never did but...
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

Originally Posted by got2envy
Deliverance....everyones always like "hey! it's like that scene in Deliverance!" and I never know what they are talking about.
I think some reviewers use 'in the style of Deliverance' or similar, as a kind of code to say 'includes people being raped and terrorised by locals'...

Lost in Translation
Amelie
Birth of a Nation
Sunset Blvd.
Midnight Cowboy
Fitzcarraldo

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by christine
If thats enough to keep you from watching a great movie, you need to open your mind a bit.

Proud Member of the Soprano Family
Originally Posted by Son Of A Preacher Man

Is Adaptation any good?
I like that Kauffman guy, but when I heard Meryll Streep takes off her gear I all the sudden felt no need to watch. And its not that I think Meryll Streep is ugly. Its that I think she is old and ugly.
I've never seen Adaptation either, but after finding out Streep gets naked and Strummer saying its a great movie I'm gonna go out and buy it!

I love all movies involving ROMANCE...but sadly I have never seen

CASABLANCA