history *is* moralizing

Wheely cool bike girl
OH! I will learn to make THAT!

history *is* moralizing
here you are:

The ingredients below are per serving

1 cup cooked rice
1 oz (30g) beef
1 oz (30g) each radish and carrot, spinach, soybean sprouts and fiddlehead, seasoned.
Salad Oil
* Marinade

1/2 T soy sauce
2/3 t sesame oil
1/4 t sugar
1/4 t cooking wine

1. Cut beef into strips and marinate 5 minutes. In hot oil cook briefly; set aside. Place hot cooked rice in serving bowl.

2. Arrange 4 kinds of seasoned vegetable on rice. Place beef in center.

3. Heat oil in a skillet. Drop egg and cook.

4. Place fried egg on top of beef. Serve with Kochujang (hot sauce) and sesame oil in small dish. Mix everything when eating.
* Facts about Kochujang (Hot Sauce)

Kochujang has made many contributions to Korean cookery with its zestya flavor. It gives flavor and at the same time draws flavor from the ingredients. No one-pot dish, rice dishes, salads or stews are Korean without this sauce.

Each Korean family owns its recipe, but the common method is the slow and steady maturation to form a good harmony of hot, sweet and sour flavors. Born from the severe weather and environment, Kochujang became the Korean's masterpiece of seasonings.

Make a large amount and store as it keep well. When buying commercial products, it is better to taste first for as they all differ

Wheely cool bike girl
Thank you! I have saved this and the picture to my special files!

Put me in your pocket...
Back on topic.....

Originally Posted by Loner
My name is Rafael Palmeiro and I'm a ****ing liar period.
I heard part of his speech yesterday. Did he ever say how he 'accidentally' took steroids? At his level, how can someone 'accidentally' take them?

Btw, how long is he suspended for?

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by Aniko
Back on topic.....

I heard part of his speech yesterday. Did he ever say how he 'accidentally' took steroids? At his level, how can someone 'accidentally' take them?

Btw, how long is he suspended for?
"Accidentally" what a joke!

Thats like saying, "I accidentally took heroin, I don't know how it got in my system, it was just there."

After testifying before Congress, I wouldn't take anything stronger than a multi-vitamin.

His suspension is suppose to be only ten days!

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Who gives a ****? It's hard enough to hit a 90 mph baseball as it is. Congress is going after baseball? How ****ing crappy? They have everything within their power to go after anything, and they go after BASEBALL?!

What about music? Every hip hopper, rapper, and band has something ILLEGAL going through their system. How about you look at that and record companies?

Baseball?
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Originally Posted by Godsend
Who gives a ****? It's hard enough to hit a 90 mph baseball as it is. Congress is going after baseball? How ****ing crappy? They have everything within their power to go after anything, and they go after BASEBALL?!

What about music? Every hip hopper, rapper, and band has something ILLEGAL going through their system. How about you look at that and record companies?

Baseball?
While I don't think much of steriod use, this simply isn't a valid argument. By this logic, you could complain about every cop who bothers to arrest a thief instead of a murderer.

And in case you hadn't noticed, politicians often complain about things rap music, too. I also don't see why you've capitalized the word "ILLEGAL" -- are you aware that steroids are also illegal? Moreover, Congress is not actually "going after" baseball. All they've done is threaten action. For the most part, I think they should stay out of it, but the idea that they're taking Major League Baseball on just isn't accurate. Not yet, at least.

Everything doesn't have to be an outrage, ya' know.

While I don't think much of steriod use, this simply isn't a valid argument. By this logic, you could complain about every cop who bothers to arrest a thief instead of a murderer.

And in case you hadn't noticed, politicians often complain about things rap music, too. I also don't see why you've capitalized the word "ILLEGAL" -- are you aware that steroids are also illegal? Moreover, Congress is not actually "going after" baseball. All they've done is threaten action. For the most part, I think they should stay out of it, but the idea that they're taking Major League Baseball on just isn't accurate. Not yet, at least.

Everything doesn't have to be an outrage, ya' know.
It's amazing how your mind works.

I really want to look at the following statement:

By this logic, you could complain about every cop who bothers to arrest a thief instead of a murderer.
What I have to ask is what the hell?

Yes I know politicans complain about rap and all sorts of music, but all they do is complain! My God, do something about it! You got the FCC that gets pissed off when Janet Jackson's titty flashes all over the TV, but when Enzyte commercial's come on...it's absolutely perfect! Especially when you're watching a baseball game!

Yes, I am aware steroids are illegal. I emphasized 'ILLEGAL' because Congress should be doing it's job when it's simple logic that many celebrities have something going through their nostrils, and it's not their finger either.

Now Yoda, it's really not threatning action...you know, especially when the MLB was basically forced into putting in a stronger policy. They did so, and now people are flying around. If they were to truely do anything worthwile, it'd be a FULL drug test. They have the money, I'm sure about it. In fact a hair test can sometimes be better, but more costly.

They are taking the MLB on. When you have baseball stars in courtrooms saying over and over again that they don't do it, I think Congress is taking them on. Where was all the steroid talk when Sosa and McGuire were going at it? No where. Fans were indulged in the fact that a record would be beaten. Congress didn't give two ****s about it until as of recently.

It's amazing how your mind works.

I really want to look at the following statement:

Originally Posted by Yoda
By this logic, you could complain about every cop who bothers to arrest a thief instead of a murderer.
What I have to ask is what the hell?
That's not an actual question. And I don't know what you're confused about. My point is simple: getting mad at Congress because there are worse things out there than steroids in baseball doesn't make sense unless you think Congress should only concern itself with the biggest problems, and nothing else. That, of course, is ridiculous, because even smaller problems need to be dealt with on some level.

If you want to argue that they're paying too much attention to it, that's fine, but either way your original basis for argument (that there are more important things for Congress to be doing, so they shouldn't be doing anything else) is silly. Both big and small problems alike need to be dealt with, and in case you hadn't noticed Congress is capable of doing more than one thing at a time.

Yes I know politicans complain about rap and all sorts of music, but all they do is complain! My God, do something about it! You got the FCC that gets pissed off when Janet Jackson's titty flashes all over the TV, but when Enzyte commercial's come on...it's absolutely perfect! Especially when you're watching a baseball game!
But "complain" is all they've really done about steroids, too. They complain and threaten about both in the hopes that people will take care of the matter themselves; which is the ideal way to handle things, as legislation and regulation of private individuals and organizations should be (more or less) a last resort.

I'd also point out that, as suggestive as the Enzyte commercials are, kids generally have no clue what it is they're seeing. It's like making a subtle adult joke; if you're mature enough to get it, you're mature enough for it not to matter. So there's no contradiction there, except in the kind of way that acts as fodder for unimaginative standup comedians.

I'm not going to argue with every little side-rant you're going to go off on, however. Try to stick to the point.

Yes, I am aware steroids are illegal. I emphasized 'ILLEGAL' because Congress should be doing it's job when it's simple logic that many celebrities have something going through their nostrils, and it's not their finger either.
Last I checked, the government was spending an insane amount of money on the so-called "war on drugs," with little progress. You're saying they should spend more?

Now Yoda, it's really not threatning action...you know, especially when the MLB was basically forced into putting in a stronger policy. They did so, and now people are flying around. If they were to truely do anything worthwile, it'd be a FULL drug test. They have the money, I'm sure about it. In fact a hair test can sometimes be better, but more costly.
Huh? They didn't really threaten them, yet their non-threat "forced" MLB into implementing a stronger steroid policy? How did that work?

They are taking the MLB on. When you have baseball stars in courtrooms saying over and over again that they don't do it, I think Congress is taking them on. Where was all the steroid talk when Sosa and McGuire were going at it? No where. Fans were indulged in the fact that a record would be beaten. Congress didn't give two ****s about it until as of recently.
I think you need to stop, take a deep breath, and actually decide what it is you're mad about. At first, you seemed upset that Congress had intervened at all; now you're mad that they didn't intervene sooner. I get the impression this is just an excuse to be angry about something.

That's not an actual question. And I don't know what you're confused about. My point is simple: getting mad at Congress because there are worse things out there than steroids in baseball doesn't make sense unless you think Congress should only concern itself with the biggest problems, and nothing else. That, of course, is ridiculous, because even smaller problems need to be dealt with on some level.
That's why we have the court system. For the traffic violations and all, you know?

If you want to argue that they're paying too much attention to it, that's fine, but either way your original basis for argument (that there are more important things for Congress to be doing, so they shouldn't be doing anything else) is silly. Both big and small problems alike need to be dealt with, and in case you hadn't noticed Congress is capable of doing more than one thing at a time.
I love how you picked my arguement for me. Congrats. I feel like shopping, wanna try my clothes for me?

My arguement is basically this: there are more things congress CAN do, but they won't. I never said 'so they shouldn't be doing anything else'. There is more then one member...I'm sure that registered back in High School for you.

But "complain" is all they've really done about steroids, too. They complain and threaten about both in the hopes that people will take care of the matter themselves; which is the ideal way to handle things, as legislation and regulation of private individuals and organizations should be (more or less) a last resort.
Complain? Is it really complaining when the MLB, along with other professional sport leagues have stepped up to the base and answered by enforcing strictier policies? Honestly, it's bigger then it's ever been! Peer inside your local newspaper! There are articles about high schoolers and steroids and many other drugs. It's amazing how far Congress has taken it. They have the power to take it farther.

I'd also point out that, as suggestive as the Enzyte commercials are, kids generally have no clue what it is they're seeing. It's like making a subtle adult joke; if you're mature enough to get it, you're mature enough for it not to matter. So there's no contradiction there, except in the kind of way that acts as fodder for unimaginative standup comedians.
A kid I know got asked by his 6 or 7 year old niece what an erection is. Bravo. Now please, shut up on this account. You honestly don't look into the broader view of things.

I'm not going to argue with every little side-rant you're going to go off on, however. Try to stick to the point.
What is it with you and trying to make it look like every one of my arguements possibly includes the throwing of china across a room and constant screaming? My arguements differ from yours. Big whoopy. Once again, shut up and pick another point.

Last I checked, the government was spending an insane amount of money on the so-called "war on drugs," with little progress. You're saying they should spend more?
Yeah, sure...why not? I mean is it as bad as the War on Terrorism? Oh wait...you're a republican? I get it now...the struggle for freedom, right? Pathetic.

The little progress is due to the fact that congress is just pouring money to the DEA. The DEA gets its leads, and they get their busts. You need to stop the traffic. Let's start with Mexico, please!

Huh? They didn't really threaten them, yet their non-threat "forced" MLB into implementing a stronger steroid policy? How did that work?
Media you genius. What happens when bitter and sour mix with a business? You start to lose business and get a bad name. The MLB was forced, through the media, to enforce a strogner drug policy. When you have Bush going in for his state of the union adress and strictly saying that sports athletes should be better role models for kids, he was basically saying cut the drug crap and raise a better America since our parents aren't doing any better.

That's probably the smartest thing he's said so far....honestly! Though he did mess it up when he said he supported Rafey and believes him.

I think you need to stop, take a deep breath, and actually decide what it is you're mad about. At first, you seemed upset that Congress had intervened at all; now you're mad that they didn't intervene sooner. I get the impression this is just an excuse to be angry about something.
Stop with the nonchalant attitude. It doesn't work for you. Mad about? Absolutely nothing. I'm trying to argue the point that Congress has the power to take on not only the sports world, but the media world as well. That involves music, TV, movies. Basically anything that comes to mind can be controlled. What I'm basically asking is why they won't go farther?

That's why we have the court system. For the traffic violations and all, you know?
No, that's not why we have a court system. The courts do not make laws; they interpret law made by the legislature, which has the responsibility to pass laws, both large and small. Besides; you're the one insisting they get more involved, not me.

I love how you picked my arguement for me. Congrats. I feel like shopping, wanna try my clothes for me?
I didn't say that was your argument. I included the word "if" deliberately.

My arguement is basically this: there are more things congress CAN do, but they won't. I never said 'so they shouldn't be doing anything else'. There is more then one member...I'm sure that registered back in High School for you.
You implied mutual exclusivity. You complained that they were doing one thing and suggested they did another.

And yes, of course I know how many members are in Congress. Do you, without looking it up? Do you know the Constitutional Order of Succession? How about the number of states needed to ratify a Constitutional Amendment? None of this is relevant to the argument at hand, but if you want to get into some sort of pissing contest, you can start by answering those, sans Google. Personally I'd rather you ignored them and simply kept the juvenile sarcasm to yourself from now on.

Complain? Is it really complaining when the MLB, along with other professional sport leagues have stepped up to the base and answered by enforcing strictier policies? Honestly, it's bigger then it's ever been! Peer inside your local newspaper! There are articles about high schoolers and steroids and many other drugs. It's amazing how far Congress has taken it. They have the power to take it farther.
They'd had the power to take it farther all along. But they haven't. And by no reasonable standard is it "amazing" how far they've taken it. All they've done is held hearings. No bill has been passed, or even put before the legislature, for that matter. They've done nothing more than bring it up, at this point.

And again, which is it? Are they wasting their time on something they shouldn't be bothering with, or are they not going far enough? You seem to be arguing both sides. How can you say they're not really doing anything, but also say it's "amazing" how far they've taken it?

A kid I know got asked by his 6 or 7 year old niece what an erection is. Bravo. Now please, shut up on this account. You honestly don't look into the broader view of things.
Don't tell me to shut up again; I'll say what I like, when I like, especially on my own forum. And you'll either show the people you argue with here a base level of courtesy, or you'll find another place to argue.

That said, I think it's unlikely that you'd have heard the word "erection" on a network ad (local baseball games are usually broadcast on local cable stations), but even if you did, it doesn't strike me as a particularly vulgar word, especially when used in a medical context.

What is it with you and trying to make it look like every one of my arguements possibly includes the throwing of china across a room and constant screaming? My arguements differ from yours. Big whoopy. Once again, shut up and pick another point.
I don't have to MAKE you look angry; you do it yourself by swearing, telling people to "shut up" when they disagree with you, and express outraged and disagreement on almost everything you comment on. Whether or not you're angry, though, is beside the point. You can be angry if you want; just don't waste my time drifting off towards a dozen side-arguments that have almost nothing to do with the first one.

Yeah, sure...why not? I mean is it as bad as the War on Terrorism? Oh wait...you're a republican? I get it now...the struggle for freedom, right? Pathetic.
No one said anything about the "war on terrorism," and your repeated attempts to drag other, unrelated issues into the argument is a waste of time. If you want to start a seperate argument on a seperate topic, go right ahead. Otherwise, stick to the point.

The little progress is due to the fact that congress is just pouring money to the DEA. The DEA gets its leads, and they get their busts. You need to stop the traffic. Let's start with Mexico, please!
I think it's a pretty safe bet that the DEA knows that drugs are coming from Mexico, and I doubt that it simply hasn't occurred to them to stop it. Clearly, the situation's a little bit more complicated than that. If it were simple enough that a 17 year old pointificating in Illinois could figure it out in his spare time, I think we'd have done it already.

Media you genius. What happens when bitter and sour mix with a business? You start to lose business and get a bad name. The MLB was forced, through the media, to enforce a strogner drug policy. When you have Bush going in for his state of the union adress and strictly saying that sports athletes should be better role models for kids, he was basically saying cut the drug crap and raise a better America since our parents aren't doing any better.

That's probably the smartest thing he's said so far....honestly! Though he did mess it up when he said he supported Rafey and believes him.
You can't have it both ways; a threat done with the help of media is still a threat. You can't complain that Congress used media to exert enormous pressure onto MLB, yet simultaneously complain that Congress didn't really do anything. Well, I shouldn't say you CAN'T, because you ARE, but it doesn't make sense.

Stop with the nonchalant attitude. It doesn't work for you. Mad about? Absolutely nothing. I'm trying to argue the point that Congress has the power to take on not only the sports world, but the media world as well. That involves music, TV, movies. Basically anything that comes to mind can be controlled. What I'm basically asking is why they won't go farther?
Farther how? You've already complained about the FCC's handling of the content on TV. So there's your answer: they won't go farther in many instances because people will complain about that, too -- and apparently you're one of them. They have to walk a line between trying to protect people from obscenity and trying to give people the freedom to do and say what they want. As you've probably noticed, not everyone agrees as to what is and is not reasonable for network television, radio, etc.

In other words, they haven't gone farther because not everyone agrees with you.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.

Baseball?
Sony BMG faces the music in payola settlement

No, that's not why we have a court system. The courts do not make laws; they interpret law made by the legislature, which has the responsibility to pass laws, both large and small. Besides; you're the one insisting they get more involved, not me.
Yes...something I learned back in middle school. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

I'm insisting that Congress get more involved. Why stop at sports? That link above has nothing to do with my arguement. Bribery is one thing, drugs is another.

I didn't say that was your argument. I included the word "if" deliberately.
Wow. This is what you said.

If you want to argue that they're paying too much attention to it, that's fine, but either way your original basis for argument (that there are more important things for Congress to be doing, so they shouldn't be doing anything else) is silly.

You implied mutual exclusivity. You complained that they were doing one thing and suggested they did another.

And yes, of course I know how many members are in Congress. Do you, without looking it up? Do you know the Constitutional Order of Succession? How about the number of states needed to ratify a Constitutional Amendment? None of this is relevant to the argument at hand, but if you want to get into some sort of pissing contest, you can start by answering those, sans Google. Personally I'd rather you ignored them and simply kept the juvenile sarcasm to yourself from now on.
I know congress is made up of the sensators and the reps. The numbers well over 500. Do I know the exact one? Nope. Consitutional Order of Succesion? Nope. Ratifying a Constitutional AMendement? Nope.

You are right. None of those are releated to the conversation at hand...I have no idea what purpose they might use. Honestly, at the moment, they really don't mean much to me. As for keeping the juvenile sarcasm to myself, nope.

They'd had the power to take it farther all along. But they haven't. And by no reasonable standard is it "amazing" how far they've taken it. All they've done is held hearings. No bill has been passed, or even put before the legislature, for that matter. They've done nothing more than bring it up, at this point.

And again, which is it? Are they wasting their time on something they shouldn't be bothering with, or are they not going far enough? You seem to be arguing both sides. How can you say they're not really doing anything, but also say it's "amazing" how far they've taken it?
There are a majority of drugs that are ILLEGAL in the United States. A widespan of people all ready know about that. Now, they've had YEARS to rid of this problem. How long have drugs+media been together? A very long effin time. Exactly what bill must be passed for record companies to realize that drugs are illegal, once again?

Which one is it? It's the latter one of those two. Usually what Congress deals with is usually important. It's how they deal with it. When you've had years to strike down on all of this, you didn't. When Bush says rolemodels, they get off their chairs and start to get to work. Do I need a whip instead?

Don't tell me to shut up again; I'll say what I like, when I like, especially on my own forum. And you'll either show the people you argue with here a base level of courtesy, or you'll find another place to argue

Okay, it's your forum. Bravo. I told you to shut up on that account, on that arguement basically for the reason being you really don't give a damn when you should.

That said, I think it's unlikely that you'd have heard the word "erection" on a network ad (local baseball games are usually broadcast on local cable stations), but even if you did, it doesn't strike me as a particularly vulgar word, especially when used in a medical context.
Medical context? Wow. Please, do not go any farther with this one. Thanks.

I don't have to MAKE you look angry; you do it yourself by swearing, telling people to "shut up" when they disagree with you, and express outraged and disagreement on almost everything you comment on. Whether or not you're angry, though, is beside the point. You can be angry if you want; just don't waste my time drifting off towards a dozen side-arguments that have almost nothing to do with the first one.
I find nothing truthfully wrong with swearing, especially when it's pointed at an opponent. It's fun to tell people to shut up, don't you? I know you can ban people. I can just tell people to shut up. Weeee.

Outrage and disagreement? Once again, I said I have my ways of going at things and you have your own. I'm not sitting here with a stress ball in one hand and typing away.

If you don't want me to waste your time, you don't have to look at my posts at all. If they turn you off, you can look the other way. I'm sure there are many things you can look at. I do post once in a blue moon now-a-days.

No one said anything about the "war on terrorism," and your repeated attempts to drag other, unrelated issues into the argument is a waste of time. If you want to start a seperate argument on a seperate topic, go right ahead. Otherwise, stick to the point.
I'd say it makes things juicier. There are no rules to an arguement, unless I missed some thread in the past. So ignore it if it's really that annoying.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that the DEA knows that drugs are coming from Mexico, and I doubt that it simply hasn't occurred to them to stop it. Clearly, the situation's a little bit more complicated than that. If it were simple enough that a 17 year old pointificating in Illinois could figure it out in his spare time, I think we'd have done it already.
Oh wow. Yoda clicked a link and got some background information. Congratulations. So if the DEA is like 10 steps ahead of me and my intelligence resources, why haven't they gone farther? Once again, the arguement is about going farther and trying to completely stop it.

You can't have it both ways; a threat done with the help of media is still a threat. You can't complain that Congress used media to exert enormous pressure onto MLB, yet simultaneously complain that Congress didn't really do anything. Well, I shouldn't say you CAN'T, because you ARE, but it doesn't make sense.
It makes perfect sense. When Congress should have been pressuring the MLB, it was the media naming all the big stars that were being pointed at. Do we really need FOX News and the Chicago Suntimes to help in the effort to rid of steroids in baseball? No. They're here to report news. Congress needs to grab them by the throat and tell them what's right.

Farther how? You've already complained about the FCC's handling of the content on TV. So there's your answer: they won't go farther in many instances because people will complain about that, too -- and apparently you're one of them. They have to walk a line between trying to protect people from obscenity and trying to give people the freedom to do and say what they want. As you've probably noticed, not everyone agrees as to what is and is not reasonable for network television, radio, etc.
Yes Yoda...or can I can call you Chris? Whatever. The people complaining? I am going ot be honest with you. People really won't miss those viagra commercials and enzyte commercials. If you have a problem, visist your doctor. He/she''ll be glad to help. That's what they do. They have many pamphlets lying around that you can poke around in. The last thing I need is Bob making drawings in the air with his hands about wood while one of my younger relatives watches.

Freedom sometimes has to be harnessed...I seriously hope you respect that and believe in that as well. These people want freedom? You can do it after 11 P.M.....seriously. I don't want that garbage, and what you seem to be implying as pure freedom, on TV before that. That's what I believe. So be it.

In other words, they haven't gone farther because not everyone agrees with you.
Yes...well I figured that when I didn't get enough votes to run for President.

history *is* moralizing
why is it, Yoda, Eyes, Xtin, etc... certain people on the forums can write so long posts, and
Eyes:
I think there should be some kind of post-length limit. Not that I wish to smother any Mofo's, but there is a point when one is being expressive, and a point where an argument is reaching a ridiculous point. Few people bother to even read posts that long.
(see My Introduction thread) 1) no one tells them there should be a limit to the length of their posts
2) they even get an answer
?????????????
now, wanna talk elitism? here, this is favoritism, much worse.
(me i like long posts, so i don't complain about the posts above, they're interesting)

Bad Morther****er
I say let them do the roids. I like watching the ball go 500 feet out of the stadium. I like watching pitchers being able to throw the ball 105 mph. I they don't care about thier bodies why sould I? After all I watch sports to see people do thing I can't. Why not just let them do superhman things?

This whole thing about them cheating is BS. I'm sure if you injected truth sirum into living hall of famers, a good number would tell you they cheated at some point when they played, whether it was taking speed, or corking, or throwing a spitball. Cheating happens in every area of life, why should sports be any different?
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith