How Do You Picture Your Fellow Posters?

Tools    

This is No. 2 of my sorta infamous "Descriptive Threads."

Most of us have been on Movieforums for a little while now, so I am sure we all have certain ideas on what our fellow posters might look like. So ... GUESS AWAY and Use Your Imagination! This should be Fun.

TWT Commish - Young Republican type, prime candidate for GATTACA. Perfect 20/20 vision. Would marry Uma Thurman in a New Yawk minute. Has stock options of which his parents knows nothing. Can't dance.

Wart - Wholesome like a DOLE pineapple, has too many interests to count. Probably never saw a tee-shirt he didn't like. Skinny, but likes to snack. Obeys his parents because he does not want to be cut out of their will. Short attention span. Collects as many office & computer supplies as possible because he never knows when a hemmorhoid will hit the earth. I always seem to think of the animated Disney movie THE SWORD & THE STONE when I see the name "Wart." I also think of that guy in Scooby Doo.

Toby Dammit - Muscular Aussie guy with throbbing brain. LOL. Keeps a rope bag in his locker filled with history books and cheese sandwiches. His hair makes him 3 inches taller. Will mate for life, but will check his future bride's genealogy first. Pretends to be Michael Flatley whilst in the shower.

Mwah later.

[Edited by Pigsnie on 04-24-2001]

Pigsnie,I always thought you would be 5'11, no ****!
dark brown hair, not particulary white, sqaure shaped face.
eyes, either brown or blue.

As for other people here, I always thought thmilin had red hair and would be about 5'3- 4 in height.

Pigsnie, what do you think I look like?

I didn't realize you had already guessed, I don't know
what's happening with these posts.
Pretty good guess.

Michael Flatley! No way!

But everything else was spot on! Great job!

My hair is not brown; it is CHESTNUT, or so my bird says. (At least, when she is not drooling over Colin Firth.)

Hmmm, Thmilin. I think she has brown hair, not red. And yeth, I agree she isn't very tall. She likes throbbing brains.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Tough question.

Well I know what thmillin looks like.

TWTCommish- is tall. Kinda husky. Not fat or anything. But not anorexic. Sorry if that sounds bad. Um. Kinda long hair, for a guy at least. Like around the eyebrow length. It's straight hair too. Brown eyes. Nice, white teeth.

Zeph- is about 5"10'. Short hair, brown hair. Skinny. Can't say much else about him, or others.

Definitely a toughie. Yeah, I picture Zeph as kind of young-looking, brown hair, perhaps a little late-teen acne...

To continue ...

OG. Organized, not a big talker, doesn't care what he eats. Probably only likes pizza & a couple of other fast foods -- hates broccoli. A great memory; has no idea what a semi colon is for. Will win a Pulitzer Prize someday for taking a photo of Fidel Castro nude on the Riviera. Can hardly wait to be 18.

Ollie O. Quintessential high school athlete. A big meaty fellow, pays attention to all the major food groups. (Eats them all.) Likeliest poster to bring home several Olympic gold medals. Upon his retirement & marriage to Scary Spice, he will immigrate to Japan where he will become a famous sumo wrestler named Ollie-bono.

Some mwah later. Must expand a couple of earlier profiles, I'm thinking.

Originally posted by Pigsnie

OG. Organized, not a big talker, doesn't care what he eats. Probably only likes pizza & a couple of other fast foods -- hates broccoli. A great memory; has no idea what a semi colon is for. Will win a Pulitzer Prize someday for taking a photo of Fidel Castro nude on the Riviera. Can hardly wait to be 18.
Pretty accurate, for the most part. I'm not too organized, at least not where it counts. Raw broccoli is fairly good, and I like a fair amount of fast food. But yes, I don't care what I eat, mainly due to a genetic disorder which results in digesting food to fast. I do have a great memory though. Don't know how you picked that up. And I can't wait untill I am 18.

Now you've gotta guess what I look like.....

OK---I see where this is going. I may be a little slow but I'll show up for the party.

Pigsnie--named after Wormwood's nephew. I picture you as a sort of youngish professor-type--a cross between Ian Holm, John Cleese and Prince Charles in a parka. Maybe some Sherlock Holmes thrown in cuz I think you smoke a pipe and you wear smoking jackets and sportcoats with leather elbow patches. You are a disciple of the Queen's English. You would be a don in Oxford if it paid good. You got a big nose and a Roman centurion haircut. You are as pale as a fish. And you wear glasses. You eat Indian samozas, you don't like blood pudding and I bet you love junky American food. And you love Guinness. And you live in a flat, not a house.

Toby--I see you as a Dame Edna with tattoos. You probably have the build of an opal miner. (I know one in Maui.) And you're dark, maybe with lighter eyes. I think you're actually shy but when when you let go--you could be a really crazy guy. You're a romantic at heart. People don't know what to make of you from your outside--becuz I think you're as much an intellectual--as Pigsnie. You guys are pals--see. You also have a better haircut. And you wear shoes with steel toes. You would like to leave Australia and live on top of the chalk cliffs of Dover, overlooking the Chunnel.

Am I close?

Wart - Wholesome like a DOLE pineapple, has too many interests to count. Probably never saw a tee-shirt he didn't like. Skinny, but likes to snack. Obeys his parents because he does not want to be cut out of their will. Short attention span. Collects as many office & computer supplies as possible because he never knows when a hemmorhoid will hit the earth.
Very good---Sherlock! Not so skinny--sorry to say. I look more like a Dole pineapple <sigh>

Next---

OllieO, you never met a French fry he didn't like. Dairy product fan. Popular with the ladies. Built like a Maori. Short haircut. Have veins on your arms. Hands like hams. Can't decide between football and being Prime Minister. Rides motorbikes? I don't know why but I imagine you as Neo from The Matrix--on the inside.

More later--I gotta do some homework.

Why does everyone think I have a bad haircut? People on three forums think I have a bad haircut. We do not all go to Richard Burton's barber, you know. Otherwise ...

Pretty good, Wart. 7 out of 10. I have indeed been mistaken for a professor many times. I used to think I wanted to stay on at Oxford too, but I didn't want to get that pasty fish-like complexion. I did have a smoking jacket once (a gift from an old girlfriend), but ever since my brother used it to line the bed of a pregnant cat, I have not asked for its return. I don't smoke a pipe however; that's my dad. And I live in a house on Primrose Hill, not a flat -- I have owned my house since I was 26.
Now the Ian Holm/John Cleese/Prince Charles thing -- er, how so? These Englishmen are ANCIENT! (Wot, you couldn't pick Ralph Fiennes maybe, or Daniel Day Lewis?)

Ho ho, do you hear that, Toby? -- Dame Edna with tattoos. Wort has given you a high compliment.

PS. I knew there was a reason I kept thinking about PINEAPPLES!

What does Master OG look like? Hmmmm, hair's a little too long, athletic build, probably wiry; you work alone. You are not into team sports. Prominent nose, thin mouth. Look more like a banana than a papaya.

And now Zephyrus. Has a sock problem. Loves to chew gum, game for anything. Likes to read (especially history) but wishes he had more time. If he has acne (like OllieO says), he will find a cure for this most pernicious of teenage blights. Poster most likely to meet Toby Dammit.

I don't know, I really don't. It just isn't done.

Lord Raglan in the aftermarth of the charge of ... Pigsnie knows the rest.

I wear steel cap boots, no tattoo's
And pigsnie, why am I the most likely poster to meet ollie o. Or vice versa.

I am most definatly a romantic at heart. Very good.

TWT Commish - Young Republican type, prime candidate for GATTACA. Perfect 20/20 vision. Would marry Uma Thurman in a New Yawk minute. Has stock options of which his parents knows nothing. Can't dance.
Close! Definintely republican, havn't seen Gattaca, I do need glasses to drive and read things far away, but 99.9% of the time I can get by without them.

Uma Thurman isn't my type, and I don't have stock options, but I plan to invest soon, and I can't dance worth crap.

Originally posted by OG-
TWTCommish- is tall. Kinda husky. Not fat or anything. But not anorexic. Sorry if that sounds bad. Um. Kinda long hair, for a guy at least. Like around the eyebrow length. It's straight hair too. Brown eyes. Nice, white teeth.
Not bad! I'm 5'11", a little husky, hair almost exactly at eyebrow length, and straight, brown hair. My teeth are okay -- but I ought to brush them more often.

You guys are really good.

Originally posted by OG-
Pigsnie--named after Wormwood's nephew.
Actually, I thought Pigsnie was someone else entirely? I had thought it was a good served at the banquet or something. I believe Wormwood is Screwtape's nephew.

Here's mine:

Pigsnie I have no idea! I have a lot of trouble with this one. Thin, no doubt about that. Dark hair. That's about it. He reminds me a little bit of a friend of mine named Thomas Diehl -- smart guy.

OG- Pointy features, is the best way I can describe it. Big smile, and a werewolf-style kind of haircut. Reasonably tall, and a little below average weight. Says "yeah" a LOT. Loves to eat in front of his computer.

Toby Probably in good shape -- I always think people named Toby are, but don't ask me why, or my nose will bleed. Blonde hair, I'd guess?

Zeph Not shy, but not highly outspoken. Somewhere in the middle, leaning towards the latter. Average height, average weight. I'll say dark hair.

Laurie Stacks of DVDs in her house. Light-colored hair (red or blonde, or maybe really light brown?), and smiles in almost all pictures taken of her -- don't ask me why I think that either, because I don't know.

Who'd I miss? I dunno -- probably a lot of people.

What does Master OG look like? Hmmmm, hair's a little too long, athletic build, probably wiry; you work alone. You are not into team sports. Prominent nose, thin mouth. Look more like a banana than a papaya.
haha, Pretty much all wrong! My hair is short, very short. Not really "wiry". I work alone for the most part I guess, although I usually have friends around though. And I play on a Hockey team. Not really an athletic build, but I am toned. I don't know if I have a prominent nose. Everyone says its a "great feature". But I guess you could say I have a thin mouth. So yea! Nice try.

Originally posted by TWT Commish
OG- Pointy features, is the best way I can describe it. Big smile, and a werewolf-style kind of haircut. Reasonably tall, and a little below average weight. Says "yeah" a LOT. Loves to eat in front of his computer.
Accurate I guess. I do say "yeah" alot. I don't really have pointy features. Nice smile, or so people tell me. I'm 5'9", 127 or so pounds. Do love to eat in front of my computer also. Don't have a werewolf hair cut though. But hey, at least you were alot more accurate than Pigsnie!

Oh and I didn't say that thing about Pigsnie...

Er, by "wiry," I didn't mean your hair, OG. (unless you look like vampire Spike) I was referring to your build, which appears to be a runner's build. Now, you go ahead & guess what I look like, sheeeeee [insert Jimmy Cagney impression here].
And you can cheat by remembering what Wart said.

Commish, I am not really thin. And the name "Thomas Diehl" sounds so familiar. Also, you should really check out GATTACA so you'll see what I mean.

Thomas Diehl is a friend of mine who used to work for my dad -- he's online now and then. He is very ill, unfortunatly, but I think he's going to make it.

I do think I've heard of Gattaca's concept: you sayin' I, as a republican, want a world like that?

Actually, I was thinking more about the kind of young people who theoretically got into GATTACA: good-looking over-achievers who go into space, wearing expensive unconstructed blazers. LOL. Otherwise, no, I can't say that the Gattacan world is a pleasant place in which to live.

Sorry to hear about Mr. Diehl. The name still bugs me. Is he a writer?