Changing your mind about a movie.

Tools    

Originally Posted by LillyVon
No one is EVER going to win the 'but it was a good movie'... 'oh yeah, well I didn't like it'... 'yeah? Well your stupid...' blah blah.

I hated Adaptation - but everyone thinks I'm a dumb dumb cause I don't like it! Fair enough I guess. I just don't like Nicolas Cage. He's spooky!~
There was a time when I could have won that argument - I consider people leaving out of fusteration a win though.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Fasten your seat belts...
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
There was a time when I could have won that argument - I consider people leaving out of fusteration a win though.
Ha! I have to say I do love a good debate as much as the next person! I have no doubt you could win - I have one hand tied behind my back!!

Ha! I have to say I do love a good debate as much as the next person! I have no doubt you could win - I have one hand tied behind my back!!
Hi Lilly, is that you in your avitar? I can't see it that well, I am old

Put me in your pocket...
Braveheart...I felt the same way about Sgt. Bilko that you do about Happy Gilmore. The first time I saw Sgt. Bilko(years ago) I thought Steve Martin had another bomb on his hands and that is was a waste of talent. But when I saw it again (a few months ago), I couldn't help but enjoy it and giggled throughout. I loved seeing Phil Hartman as Steve Martin's nemisis and thought they had nice on screen chemistry together. Good silly fun and one I'll gladly watch again.

Charismasloverno5...I see what you're saying and you are not alone with your Matrix opinion.

I hated Adaptation - but everyone thinks I'm a dumb dumb cause I don't like it! Fair enough I guess. I just don't like Nicolas Cage. He's spooky!~
Hello Lilly, welcome to MoFo.

Just a reminder...if you poke around a bit or use the search engine you'll find a few threads already dedicated to movies people hate or think are crap. I'd like to keep this a thread on what movies you've changed your mind about. Thanks.

I changed my mind about the Matrix Sequels, when i first watched it, I thought Reloaded was good, then a day later, I just didn't like it. I think that when you first watch a movie, you try and get the best out of it because you paid money to see it.

Originally Posted by nebbit
Hi Lilly, is that you in your avitar? I can't see it that well, I am old
Hi!! Yep that's me with my mate Chewie! We go way back! Here is a closer one (seeing you are old and stuff!!

Ok, that didn't work. Not sure how to post a bigger picture on here. I have a http address - but lost from there. Any tips??

Originally Posted by Aniko
Braveheart...I felt the same way about Sgt. Bilko that you do about Happy Gilmore. The first time I saw Sgt. Bilko(years ago) I thought Steve Martin had another bomb on his hands and that is was a waste of talent. But when I saw it again (a few months ago), I couldn't help but enjoy it and giggled throughout. I loved seeing Phil Hartman as Steve Martin's nemisis and thought they had nice on screen chemistry together. Good silly fun and one I'll gladly watch again.

Charismasloverno5...I see what you're saying and you are not alone with your Matrix opinion.

No worries. Thanks. Nice being here. Actually to add to that, I saw Lost in Translation at the movies and found it dull as dishwater - then when I watched it on dvd at home, loved it!

Hello Lilly, welcome to MoFo.

Just a reminder...if you poke around a bit or use the search engine you'll find a few threads already dedicated to movies people hate or think are crap. I'd like to keep this a thread on what movies you've changed your mind about. Thanks.

Vicious Critic
Originally Posted by Dunhill.
Taxi Driver - I remember thinking "This film is grossly overrated" I recently watched it again and now I think it's brilliant.
That is mine too.

Maybe I was too young the first time to really enjoy it.

For some reason, when I first saw Donnie Brasco I didn't like it much at all.

Then when I saw it years later I liked it and thought it was a really good movie.

Ok, that didn't work. Not sure how to post a bigger picture on here. I have a http address - but lost from there. Any tips??
As I would love to see it, to post it, use either attachments at the bottom, or the little box with the moutain scene in it, good luck.

Originally Posted by nebbit
As I would love to see it, to post it, use either attachments at the bottom, or the little box with the moutain scene in it, good luck.
Ok - got one in the Mo Fo photos of people on here. Yoda put it up for me!

Put me in your pocket...
Just bumping up. Has anyone else changed their mind about a movie and care to share why?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I really didn't like that Jet Li movie Hero when i saw it in theaters, but I like it now. I despised Moulin Rouge when i first saw that, then I was urged to see it again, and I liked it a bit better, but after thinking about it, I dislike it again (Smells like Teen Spirit? were the members of Nirvana on CRACK letting them use that?)...I changed my mind twice on that one.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
...I used to think Amalie was da' bomb, but I think it kind of sucks now.
Dude, I only live twenty minutes from you. Take that back or I will be a knock-knock-knocking on your door. Amélie is my absolute favorite film. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of it.

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
I despised Moulin Rouge when i first saw that, then I was urged to see it again, and I liked it a bit better, but after thinking about it, I dislike it again (Smells like Teen Spirit? were the members of Nirvana on CRACK letting them use that?).
That’s one of my favorite musical numbers in the entire movie. I really enjoy this flick.

Good thread idea Annie! Sorry, I never gave French Kiss a chance. I never really bought into the American Sweetheart appeal of Meg Ryan. But I do

There are a ton of movies I didn’t appreciate when I was younger and really like nowadays; Citizen Kane, Once Upon A Time in the West, The Maltese Falcon, M*A*S*H, etc. There are also a lot of movies I really liked then that I have since outgrown, or grown tired of; The Karate Kid, Beverly Hills Cop, Ghostbusters, Something Wicked This Way Comes, etc.

Thinking only of contemporary films though, I really hated The Fifth Element when I saw it in the theater. My best friend at the time even went so far as falling asleep, until Chris Tucker started screaming anyway. Now I have a soft spot for the flick and find myself mindlessly watching it whenever it’s shown on cable.

Popeye was another one I saw as a kid when my Aunt used to take me to movies, and even then I didn’t like it. But I saw it on Beta-Max when I was a teenager and laughed my ass right off. Of course I was stoned outta my gored, but still. I haven’t watched it since. My logic is why risk wasting a good memory?

I remember watching Blade Runner on cable back in the early eighties, and it was way over my head. I thought for years that it was a miserable piece of boring crap…until I rented it again about seven years ago, that is. I fell so head over heels in love with it I went out the next day and bought it. I wound up watching it four times that weekend with my oldest daughter who was eight at the time. She loved loving whatever movies I did, and sat and watched every viewing with me. We’d talk about it over and over, and then I went and bought Dark City for us to watch, and she fell in love with that too. *sigh* The good ‘ol days.

Thanks a lot Annie!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Appy-polly-loggies
Yeah to tell you the truth latley I havent like been able to sit through any of the original James Bond Movies, I used to love them and now I cant stand them , its a shame cuz they are really good!

alright, i'll admit it...i've always been very frightened of the old boris karloff films, the mummy, frankenstein, etc...bela lugosi's dracula, even phantom of the opera with claude rains and lon chaney...even fredric march and spencer tracy's dr jekyll and mr hyde...

well, i've grown up now and i've seen them and i have changed my mind about them now..i never realized what i missed and that they weren't scary or frightening at all...

The one that has made a bigtime turnaround for me was "Snatch".

When i first saw it in theatres i didn't exactly hate it but was somewhat disappointed. Now, i love it and have since watched it about 5 times. I think i just started to appreciate the colorful english language and sense of humour after watching Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Those two are now among my favorites.

Originally Posted by Escape
The one that has made a bigtime turnaround for me was "Snatch".

When i first saw it in theatres i didn't exactly hate it but was somewhat disappointed. Now, i love it and have since watched it about 5 times. I think i just started to appreciate the colorful english language and sense of humour after watching Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Those two are now among my favorites.
Yeah, you mentioned that on the last page.

Originally Posted by Escape
I watched snatch in theatres and didn't think much of it. Mabe 6/10. I got the dvd and now it is one of my favorites. However, if i absolutely hate a film, i never seem to find any knew love for it no matter how many times I see it again.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Yeah, you mentioned that on the last page.

heh heh oh.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Napoleon Dynamite I thought it was pretty dumb the first time I watched it and was thinking 'why are you laughing at this, it's so contrived' at my boyfriend...but then I must have seen it 3 more times since then and it gets funnier every time.