Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Glad you enjoyed it. Obviously the point of Playtime is that it's an attempt at a collectivist (rather than individualist, like the vast majority of movies ever made) cinema and I think it succeeds at that.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Interiors - 7/10 - Great film. No comedy, all serious Woody Allen film. Still has the psychobabble. The acting is really, really good, even with a smaller appearance by Maureen Stapleton.

Zizek - A Pervert's Guide To Cinema - Very enjoyable. I think sometimes he reaches to find meaning in things, but he's a very interesting guy even outside of film.

Enough Said - 6.5/10 - A really nice film about single middle-aged people dealing with trying to find someone romantically as well as platonic, as well as parenting. What I really like about this film is how it shows the uniformity of women, how Julia's character does well when she goes with her intuition, and how she does horrible when she is only following the advice of her peer. It also shows how petty women can be. The Gandolfini character Albert is a good guy, his negatives are only pointed out repeatedly because of his ex, who has her own problems having no friends, and admits she needs someone to bitch to (who has such a poor attitude). It's on HBO all the time, it's probably my fifth time watching, and this time I was able to watch the first 45 seconds which I always seem to miss.

I have a friend that never forgave me for picking out brothers grimm to see in theaters one night.
I didn't know what it was about, just that it had ledger and damon so I figured it would be decent.

Boy was I wrong.

*Gingerman bites himself*
I taste good!!

10 years later it's still held against me.
It was certainly the worst movie I had seen in theaters at the time.

This was before The Hangover 2

Gooble gobble, one of us!
I saw two absolutely divine films today and yesterday. I won't rate them, but I would say both films, are perfect in every way possible!

The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928, Dreyer)

Extremely touching, so ahead of its time. I don't think the images will ever leave my head. My first film of Dreyer, his short filmography is high on my watchlist. This is something special though.

The Virgin Spring (1960, Bergman)

Almost like entering a tragic fairytale, witnessing everything. I would almost say it is one of the finest films I have seen from Bergman. It's so simple, but there's something extremely enchanting about it, I can't quite put it into words. You could quite literally say that: I am speechless.

I think I'll check them out Simseboy.. I'm a big fan of Bergman, that's one film of his I haven't seen, and I've been wanting to see something by Dreyer.

Zizek - A Pervert's Guide To Cinema - Very enjoyable. I think sometimes he reaches to find meaning in things, but he's a very interesting guy even outside of film.

I think you'll like this, too.

The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Le Samourai (1967)

I don't like letting little things bother me too much, but if a professional hitman does a job while wearing very distinctive clothing, doesn't he get rid of that clothing after said job? Especially with several witnesses? Besides that, I thought this was a terrific crime film. I liked it about the same as The Red Circle from the same director.

Two Lovers. Loved this movie ever since I saw it a few years ago. Great romantic drama that doesn't have a typical ending associated with the genre.

7.5/10

The Deer Hunter 9/10
I've been meaning to watch this film for so long but I always avoided it because it's so long... how silly of me. It's so captivating and intense... I loved it. For some reason I feel that I've seen parts of this movie before...

I have a friend that never forgave me for picking out brothers grimm to see in theaters one night.
I didn't know what it was about, just that it had ledger and damon so I figured it would be decent.

Boy was I wrong.

*Gingerman bites himself*
I taste good!!

10 years later it's still held against me.
It was certainly the worst movie I had seen in theaters at the time.

This was before The Hangover 2
The Brothers Grimm isnt a great or good movie... its a decent movie.... I enjoy it because of the fairy tale aspect of it... the historical scenery and the "Mirror Queen" is actually compared to the Countess Elizabeth Bathory... which I am a complete follower of...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabe...opular_culture
(look under film, it states The Brothers Grimm ~ Mirror Queen)

http://historicalhussies.blogspot.co...h-bathory.html

There are many other sites. They say because the Mirror Queen takes her youthful beauty from the 12 virgins.... so yeah there is a piece of the film that I definitely enjoy!

Finished here. It's been fun.

Winter Sleep
+

I genuinely do not even know where to begin with this one, but I'll start by listing the film's strongest point: The Cinematography. This film is a visual marvel and it's quite honestly the most visually gorgeous film of the last several years. As cliche as it sounds this film does have a strong Tarvovsky-esque vibe, and I could have sworn some images were genuine homages. However this is a film more akin to a slow Bergman drama than anything else although that might be a very broad comparison. The acting performances are incredible and the characters are extremely well fleshed-out. This is a great film but it suffers one major subjective flaw that keeps me from rating it higher. This film is waaaayyy to long. I'm all for having a slow, contemplative drama but 30-40 minutes could have been shaved off and the films' themes and ideas wouldn't be lost.

Seconds (1966)

This is from the top 100 Sci-Fi list, while IMDb lists it as drama/horror/mystery. I don't know what I'd call it, but I loved it. "The Company" gives people a chance to start over by faking their death and giving them plastic surgery. The 90 minute run time flew right by, and I had an uneasy feeling throughout.

looks very good Crick' !!!

I listen to Killer Joe tonight !! just because it's in your Top 10

Alien (1979) - Ridley Scott

- Awesome sci-fi classic of the 70's. Astounding cinematography and great storyline also love the look of the alien. Definitely an Instant-classic to watch if you didn't see it.

I, Frankenstein
(2014, USA)
Directed by Stuart Beattie
5.5/10

did anyone notice this other than me??