Cedar Point

Tools    

Neutral Milk Hotel
Anyone ever hear of this little amusement park in Sandusky Ohio? Its only been voted best amusement park for 7 years in a row.lol. I was just wondering if anyone visits this park frequently (like me, i live in cleveland so its only an hour drive) and would like to discuss upcoming ride rumors or just talk about existing attractions.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I haven't been there since I moved to California, but man you just flooded me with a ton of memories. I used to go there a couple of times a summer. Our senior class went there. yay!

I have been suprised, since I started using message boards, at how many people all over the world have heard of Cedar Point. It's one of like... possibly three great things about growing up in Ohio.

rob has a website dedicated to an old amusement park that used to be in new york called freedomland...it was in existence from 1960 - 64 but went under ...

anyway, the point is that some of the rides from freedomland ended up at sandusky....

Neutral Milk Hotel
I love Rollercoasters. Especially Top Thrill Dragster and Millenium Force. But is anyone here like really into rollercoasters and amusement parks like I am?

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I love roller coasters, but I don't get to amusement parks all that much. In fact, in the last few years, the only one I've been to much is Disneyland, which has really tame roller coasters on the old side, and fairly calm ones on the California Advanture side. They do have one that is all about the takeoff - it blasts you from sitting still to like 100 mph in about 4 seconds. Fun!

The newest I was on at Cedar Point... I can't remember the name of it, but that mofo is tall. I swear you could see the curvature of the Earth from that first hill! I lost the scarf I had in my hair, and my friend's shirt came totally unbottoned. Great ride!

Neutral Milk Hotel
Was it a big Blue track one with grey supports? if so thats the 310 foot tall Millenium Force. It was voted best Steel Rollercoaster on the planet this year. It was built in 2000. o and if you like launches next time you go to Cedar Point ride Top Thrill Dragster, it goes form 0 to 120 in 4 seconds and has a 420 foot hill. Its currently the tallest OPERATING rollercoaster in the world.

I LOVE Cedar Point! I used to go every year when I lived in PA. I've been to alot of parks and to this day it is still my fave. anyone know if they still have Berenstein Bear country? Haven't been there in years.