What do you consider the best car movie of all time?

Tools    

I have to go with Gone in 60 Seconds (2000) . That modified 1967 Shelby GT500 is the absolute most beautiful car ever to hit the road. Pretty good chase too, but the movie had a plot , not just cars running from Cops. Gotta go with "Eleanor".
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	movieeleanor3.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	2037  

yup, gone in 60 seconds is really good, i also like the fast and the furious.
i think that the cars in that film are really nice..
also paul walker n vin diesel are quite nice too lol....

cazzx

My choice....

There is another thread pertaining to cars HERE you might what to check out...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

3000 Miles to Graceland... Not really about cars per say, but very nice ones in this movie.

I agree with Gone in 60 Seconds, the 67 GT500 was my all time favorite car before, that movie, and that movie just made it so much better. The Fast and The Furious was by far the best street racing film, 2 Fast 2 Furious, was really good to, but with out Vin Diesel the movie was not what it could have been. The cars where nice though, I like how they use musle in the second one. Gone in 60 Seconds gets my vote though.

Linkin Park Forums

Affordable and Reliable Web Designs and Hosting

Portfolio!!
www.MeteoraStudios.com
www.DigitalEinstein.com
www.LinkinParkForums.com

"You Couldn't Make It Up...!!!"
While RONIN is not specifically about cars per se, it does contain two of the greatest car chase sequences ever put on film in my opinion...

Other films which champion the car I like are the original GONE IN 60 SECONDS (great '70s score), VANISHING POINT, BULLITT, THE FRENCH CONNECTION, DUEL, AGAINST ALL ODDS (terrific chase between James Woods and Jeff Bridges), FEAR IS THE KEY, THE SPY WHO LOVED ME (car/motorcycle, car/car, car/helicopter, car/underwater submersibles in one long great sequence)...

John.

Originally Posted by Minimalist
While RONIN is not specifically about cars per se, it does contain two of the greatest car chase sequences ever put on film in my opinion...

Other films which champion the car I like are the original GONE IN 60 SECONDS (great '70s score), VANISHING POINT, BULLITT, THE FRENCH CONNECTION, DUEL, AGAINST ALL ODDS (terrific chase between James Woods and Jeff Bridges), FEAR IS THE KEY, THE SPY WHO LOVED ME (car/motorcycle, car/car, car/helicopter, car/underwater submersibles in one long great sequence)...

John.
The problem is...that most of these movies aren't about cars. It has a plot that doesn't rely on the car at all, just great car chases. Nobody enjoyed Herby as a child? That's a movie about a car.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I am having a nervous breakdance

No?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Originally Posted by Piddzilla

No?
lol

That looks like the best car movie of all time.

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

Hmmm.....

Back to the Future?

It had a very famous car in it. Part of it was about fixing the car. It was a flying car... that went into the past and into the future... how can any other car beat that?!

"You Couldn't Make It Up...!!!"
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
The problem is...that most of these movies aren't about cars. It has a plot that doesn't rely on the car at all, just great car chases. Nobody enjoyed Herby as a child? That's a movie about a car.

Yeah! The car as benign rather than agressive! And who could forget CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG!

John.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan

I remember that one... cute movie but I never saw the whole thing...

A system of cells interlinked
American Graffiti - Nostalgic period piece directed by George Lucas.

Cannonball run - More about a car race, but this is a classic for me.

Christine - Ohhhhhhh, she is Nasty!!!

_S

"Days of Thunder" was a great car movie. "I Know Cole, Cole always passes on the outside"

lotr and potc rocks
I would have to say days of thunder and the Fast and furious

The original Gone in Sixty Seconds and Bullet for good oldies.

The new Gone in Sixty Seconds and Fast and Furious for new ones.

The Green Lantern

"If you're going to build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?"
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

I say Fast & The Furious and Gone in 60 Seconds

I enjoyed Gone in 60 Seconds. If you say that Back to the Future was a car movie, I say that too.