What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Tools    

Originally Posted by gummo
Another movie i find disturbing is the Russian movie, Citizen X. Its about this sexually perverted man who can only get off by killing young women and m*st*rb*ting next to their corpse.
That sounds like the most disturbing so far

I'm doing a 'shocking cinema' unit in my film studies course at the moment.... so this thread is quite useful!

The movie 'Brimstone and Treacle' is just plain wrong! It's got Sting in it, which is bad enough (heh) but the scenes where he molests and eventually rapes the mentally handicapped girl he temporarily lives with, is the only scene in a movie that made me feel ill.

Other than that, i can't really think of any others... gotta distinguish between 'scared' and 'disturbed' first.

Originally Posted by noody2004
The movie 'Brimstone and Treacle' is just plain wrong! It's got Sting in it, which is bad enough (heh) but the scenes where he molests and eventually rapes the mentally handicapped girl he temporarily lives with, is the only scene in a movie that made me feel ill.
I think that scene was very disturbing

The Satchel Snatcher's on the loose
I don't consider Clockwork Orange was pretty messed up,
Rob Zombies House of a 1000 Corpses was just stupid,
my vote goes to Requiem for a Dream, i can't watch that movie more than twice in one year.

Originally Posted by mrD3V10US
Any of Harmony Korine's movies are disturbing but awesome. Gummo is wicked cool, have you seen Julien Donkey Boy? he also wrote kids.

i think horror movies have some of the most disturbing images in them.

Luci Fulci's Zombie : the splinter scene

Event Horizon: the whole movie

Kill Bill: opening scene, bullet to the skull

Toxic Avenger: the hamburger meat for brains scene

Event Horizon was pretty messed up.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
But it doesn't 'hit me in the gut' or just leave me for dead or anything. I love the film. Technically, I think it's beautiful. It doesn't disturb me.
Total agreeance here, Requiem is one of the most beautiful films out there, Aronosfky's choice of angles and shots is marvelous.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Leatherface having jessicas biels boyfriend's face on his.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by Escape
Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Leatherface having jessicas biels boyfriend's face on his.
You forgot to mention that it's TCM REMAKE. The original sucked balls.

Originally Posted by Nitzer
You forgot to mention that it's TCM REMAKE. The original sucked balls.
I wholeheartedly agree with your statement.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I haven't seen the remake but I think the original [/i]The Texas Chainsaw Massacre[i] was pretty ****ed up.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

imp
Hi everyone (I'm new here)

I pretty much agree about Audition being disturbing.

On a different level... what about La pianiste? Has anyone seen it?

Originally Posted by imp
On a different level... what about La pianiste? Has anyone seen it?
Hi you little imp you

Yes I have seen it and I found it quite disturbing

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I believe I have seen that film...... The piano teacher has an affair with her student correct?

i think i'll say American History X. just mainly two scenes were disturbing, the scene with the black guy and the curb, and the shower scene in the jail. i had to look away from the screen during those two parts.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I like La Pianiste very much and yes it is quite disturbing. Wouldn't expect anything else with Michael Haneke handling the directing. The author of the book that the film is based on, Elfriede Jelinek, will receive the Nobel Prize of Literature this year by the way, if anyone had missed that.

She's Was Mine! Mine! MINE!
well the most disturbing film ive ever seen is a film called exercutions well its self explanitory but the film goes on to show different types of

exercutions
beheading
hanging
shoot in the back of the head (nazis etc)
a women being stoned to death for cheating on her husband
etc etc

realy not a film for the faint hearted

Originally Posted by totalacid1
exercutions
beheading
hanging
shoot in the back of the head (nazis etc)
a women being stoned to death for cheating on her husband
etc etc

realy not a film for the faint hearted
I think I will give that one a miss

Most disturbing movie to me:

ummm has anyone seen phallus in wonderland? I don't remember all that well, but it was pretty f ucking bizzaro.