Gravity

Tools    

On the outside looking in.
I do actually think this will be pretty good. I'm becoming a bigger fan of Clooney.

Loved him in UP IN THE AIR, THE AMERICAN, and THE DESCENDANTS, and I've always loved Bullock. If this film is even half as good as the trailer, it's going to be amazing!

i put this one in my watchin list in imdb

The effects look like they would be great. But I couldn't have less interest in Sandra Bullock floating around in space and moaning for 2 hours.

The effects look like they would be great. But I couldn't have less interest in Sandra Bullock floating around in space and moaning for 2 hours.
Exactly.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Still think it will suck. Do you know how many terrible movies critics loved? A place beyond the pines, The American. Both were horrible, and lasted twice as long as they should have.

Um, most people I know thought Place Beyond the Pines was awesome, and I can't wait to watch it for myself, so...

EDIT: I meant Place Beyond the Pines at the end there. I'm still not that interested in Gravity.

You ready? You look ready.
#t=75

One thing I find interesting about this interview is that Alfonso has to answer questions about this being a sci-fi film. This film is not science fiction. It has nothing to do with science fiction. It is a thriller set in the current reality we live in. WE ARE A SPACE GOING PEOPLE and this film depicts current real tech and even decommissioned tech. Anyone who thinks this is sci-fi or fantasy is ignorant. This is no more a sci-fi film than a film about the war in Iraq or business on Wall Street. This is drama. This is a thriller. These are real states of possibility.

BTW, for anyone who doesn't already know - next year NASA will launch the Orion Crew Vehicle on an unmanned test drive. The Orion will return NASA to a capsule design for long range space flight, and will be able to travel to the Moon and beyond. NASA is also developing the Space Launch System (SLS), a giant Saturn V type rocket that can carry payloads into deep space.
Hate to break it to you, but it'll be a miracle if that program ever makes it off the ground. Funding cuts and disinterest in space exploration by the public. Maybe Gravity can help change that.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A system of cells interlinked
Still think it will suck. Do you know how many terrible movies critics loved? A place beyond the pines, The American. Both were horrible, and lasted twice as long as they should have.
If you approach the film with the smarmy, cynical attitude displayed here, you probably won't like it. Just as long as you realize that your uninformed opinion is just speculation and is completely irrelevant.

YOUR loss, but go ahead and stay home. The seat in the theater should be filled with people that go into the film without slaying it, when all they have seen is a trailer.

Actually seeing the movie (a HUGE hassle, I know) makes it much easier to post an informed opinion, which yours is certainly not...

Irish panned the flick a bit, but that was AFTER he had actually seen it, so he has a referent from which to draw his opinion.

By the bye - I have been to the Mugar Omni theater many a time, Irish! I live in Marlborough, MA.

Irish panned the flick a bit, but that was AFTER he had actually seen it, so he has a referent from which to draw his opinion.

By the bye - I have been to the Mugar Omni theater many a time, Irish! I live in Marlborough, MA.
Yeah Sedai, and I always say this whenever I tell someone about a movie, my opinion is my opinion you know, and believe me, when discussing cinema I know my opinion differs from a fair amount sometimes. Trust me, I can completely see why Gravity received such rave reviews, why people liked it, and I believe I even noted that the special effects and 3D were great, probably the only time I will admit to enjoying a 3D movie, but for me, and me alone, I expected really engaging characters, a deep story, etc,etc, and that is my fault, and honestly I don't even think the movie was marketed that way, so I have only myself to blame, but thats my opinion, and as far as I know, no one is paying me for that lol.

But yeah, generally speaking, an individual should see the movie in question before commenting, otherwise its just....gossip....

Go OMNI bro, I'm down in Dallas,TX, the OMNI was a staple for us kids growing up lol

I saw "Gravity." Visually, I thought it was great, but I didn't think it had a very strong story. The visuals were really the only thing about it that I felt was remarkable. The story and acting were serviceable at best.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Many of these reviews read like those for 2001 when it first came out, and for some people, now.

even when she provides a genuinely great performance, i still can't enjoy bullocks on-screen presence. anyone else feel this?