NEW: Stanley Kubrick Collection

Tools    

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Title: Stanley Kubrick Collection
Starring: N/A (Various)
Released: 23rd October 2007
SRP: $79.92

Further Details:
Warner Home Video has sent over early details on a Director Series: Stanley Kubrick Collection which includes new two-disc special editions of 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, Eyes Wide Shut, and The Shining, as well as the deluxe edition of Full Metal Jacket, and Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures. The nine-disc package will be available to own from the 23rd October, and should retail at around $79.92. Titles will also be available individually for around $26.99 a pop. We'll bring you further details on each of the individual releases shortly.
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...llection2.html

I'm sure all you Kubrick fans are wetting yourselves right now.

Doesnt seem like that great of a deal. I recently bought the older Kubrick DVD collection off of Amazon for $80.00, and it included Lolita, Dr. Strangelove, 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, Barry Lyndon, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket, Eyes Wide Shut, and the documentary Stanley Kubrick: A Life In Pictures.

So unless the unspecified extra features on these new two disc sets are fantastic, it probably isnt worth it.

I have them all individually but sometimes it is nice to a boxed set

The Fabulous Sausage Man
I must admit, I prefer the design of the original DVDs.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah..I own all the films, so, unless there is a new transfer or some spectacular 4 hour documentary in the collection, I will probably have to pass...

I need my cash for the Blade Runner 5-disc anyway...

Sadly i don't own any Kubrick films, yet he is my favorite director and i've seen all his films. I just didn't like the present dvd of his films and i hate those warner bros. sap lock cases. ugh. I've thought about getting the Limited Edition Collector's Set of A Clockwork Orange my favorite of all his films.

I'm probably gonna pick this up when it comes out, its about time these films got the 2 disc treatment. I just wish that instead of Eyes Wide Shut [my least film Kubrick film] they should have put Barry Lyndon, Lolita, or Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb but i know there's already a 2-disc version of strangelove.

The only one of those I don't own is Full Metal Jacket, but I do think the new packaging looks great.

See the trailer here:

He has yet to make a movie that i would buy on dvd. And i really doubt he is going to make one. Clockwork Orange is my favorite of his and thats only about B or B+ quality movie. But yeah this is probably a big deal since lots of people think he's god.

Lost in never never land
He has yet to make a movie that i would buy on dvd. And i really doubt he is going to make one. Clockwork Orange is my favorite of his and thats only about B or B+ quality movie. But yeah this is probably a big deal since lots of people think he's god.

yeah, I really doubt he is going to make one either.

How many of his films have you seen? Not saying that you can't like them, just curious.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Seeing as he passed away, I really doubt it too.

Seeing as he passed away, I really doubt it too.
LOL i was about to say the something too.

yeah, I really doubt he is going to make one either.

How many of his films have you seen? Not saying that you can't like them, just curious.
The Shining B
A Clockwork Orange B-
Dr Strangelove C+
Full Metal Jacket C
Eyes Wide Shut D+
2001 : A Space Odysee D-

Why no Strangelove? I rather have that in the set than Eyes Wide Shut. But I will still be picking it up tomorrow! For I own all the others on VHS and those can be a little choppy...

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...llection2.html

I'm sure all you Kubrick fans are wetting yourselves right now.
Not really. All of us Kubrick fans already owned those movies.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201