What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Tools    

"Boxing Helena"....every spurned lover's fantasy...deeply, deeply disturbing...

Hard Candy left me feeling quite unsettled after I left the theater. The curve ball thrown at me during the last five minutes blew my mind.

Ichi the killer made me think and say 'this is wrong' a couple of times

Originally Posted by youdon'tsay
Yeah that was pretty messed up. I believe Kim Basinger was supposed to take the part of Helena originally. A smart move she didnt too. I know she was sued and think she actually won. Not sure though.

Fraility .. for sure.

Originally Posted by youdon'tsay
Oh, I liked that one. Shame it got such a panning. I felt that Lynch's daughter actually managed to take the best of her father's work and come up with something that was far more accessible, yet still left you feeling like something was nesting on important parts of your brain.

Anyway, one movie that still gives me the chills is Hannibal. The Krendler lobotomy scene really harrowed my bones. The way he's aware as he's having his brain sliced up and lightly fried in flour before him, Jesus. When Harris came up with that for the novel, you do have to wonder if he was entirely sane at the time.

Oh, and the concluding ten minutes of Audition sure made me glad acupuncturists only use their powers for good.

And don't make a habit of removing your feet with piano wire.

Natural Born Killers

That movie messed me up good. Had a major headache after watching it too. That camera work, angles, and the sicko daddy daughter thing for starters.

While the mentioned American History X, and Requiem for A Dream are somewhat disturbing, and trully brilliant movies, in my mind the most disturbing film of all time is 28 Days Later. The idea of something like that happenning to the world is trully terrifying, and the film itslef is ultra-realistic, with amazing acting, especially by Cillian Murphy. Another horryfying one is Cannibal Holocaust.

Originally Posted by Unas
Ichi the killer made me think and say 'this is wrong' a couple of times
A lot of Miike's films make me think that. It doesn't help that they often suck on top of being ridiculously, sadistically, disgustingly violent and perverse.

28 Days Later had a greater impact on me than most American apocalypse movies. The London setting brought it home to me. There's something about seeing an over-turned routemaster that trips down my spine and slaps a palm on the big red feakout button.

An Inconvenient Truth.

Without a doubt. Disturbing throughout, yet at the end it becomes hopeful and offers solutions

I gave you SAW 1 and 2.. Most scenes there are absolutely disturbing..

Thehottestlovehasthecolde stend.
Schindler's List. The Passion of the Christ. American History X.

Thehottestlovehasthecolde stend.
I agree that both Saw movies are equally disturbing.

American history X was disturbing for me

I have to say certain scenes in the Passion of The Christ were extremely disturbing. The crucifiction, the whipping just made me cringe.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Yeah Passion of the crist was kinda....disturbing

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Never seen Passion of the Christ. I didn't really want to see a movie where the entire thing was somebody getting beaten out of their brains and almost nothing else to it.

American History X (As I said earlier) was easily the most disturbing.

- The curb stomp: Most disturbing thing in any movie, ever. His teeth scratching the concrete and then getting a boot to the back of the skull

- The shower scene: Prison rape is always disturbing. That is a tough scene to sit through

- The store raid: Heart breaking. Absolutely heart breaking. The way they treated those people was awful. Dumping all sorts of food and sauces down that counter workers throat. Horrible.

That's three disturbing scenes right there.

Clockwork orange would fit into this - its sorta odd and pretty graphic, violent at that, but i like that movie!