Future of the DC Extended Universe

Tools    

Indeed, you're right. I never could understand that "Special Ammo" angle.
Of course, I also didn't understand his whole Doomsday angle. So, your plan to fight a godlike being is to...create a godlike being of your own that doesn't have a kill switch? Let's say that Doomsday kills Superman and survives the ordeal...what then? Did Lex even HAVE a method of STOPPING Doomsday once he finished handling Superman?
He was going to feed him Jolly Ranchers and stare into his eyes longingly while licking his fingers...

There was a whole meet/cute angle that had to be ditched in theatrical.

He was going to feed him Jolly Ranchers and stare into his eyes longingly while licking his fingers...

There was a whole meet/cute angle that had to be ditched in theatrical.
Maybe we'll get it in the "Super-Duper Extended-Extended Edition" that is set to release a month before Justice League's debut.

And look what has resulted. Also, we now have a Justice League film that is going to not ONLY deal with bringing all these characters together but is also serving to INTRODUCE and DEVELOP most of the characters for the FIRST time WHILE expecting audiences to invest and care about them.
They already tried this tactic with BVS with only THREE characters and look how THAT turned out...
And all of that development of new characters from square 1 will have to be squeezed into a film where they are ultimately secondary players (if that) to the established main story. They've committed to making the story - from BvS to the Justice League film(s) - revolve around the death and rebirth of Superman. Their storytelling hands are tied.

Maybe we'll get it in the "Super-Duper Extended-Extended Edition" that is set to release a month before Justice League's debut.
Then there's the part where he wants to kill a kryptonian to prove they are "False Gods" so to do that he'll use.... the dead kryptonian?

Umm Lex? people have already SEEN a kryptonian die... you have the corpse...like... RIGHT THERE.... your planning on turning it into some super monster the ships computer told you was the ultimate taboo, the one thing that must never be made... (we won't even ask why the computer was programmed to do it because it said itself making this creature was the ultimate no no. and at this point I've taken a dangerous dose of migraine meds...)

This was probably the first movie that I watched holding my head muttering "Am I having a stroke?? nothing is making sense anymore..."

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I havent seen any of them. I really wanted to see Suicide Squad because the trailer looked like great fun but my husband said it was a steaming pile so I just didn't bother. Wanted to see Aquaman but I'm turned off by Amber Heard. To be honest, I didn't even know what DCEU meant until this board - I'm just not a comic fan. My teacher caught me with some horror comic when I was about 6, ripped it up infront of me and told me comics are only for illiterates. I was so traumatised I havent read a comic since.

And all of that development of new characters from square 1 will have to be squeezed into a film where they are ultimately secondary players (if that) to the established main story. They've committed to making the story - from BvS to the Justice League film(s) - revolve around the death and rebirth of Superman. Their storytelling hands are tied.
Exactly. With their current track record in regards to handling story and characters, I really don't see how it will be possible to pull this off. Justice League is a larger scale version of what they already tried (and ultimately failed in) doing in BVS. Prospects aren't looking good.

Then there's the part where he wants to kill a kryptonian to prove they are "False Gods" so to do that he'll use.... the dead kryptonian?

Umm Lex? people have already SEEN a kryptonian die... you have the corpse...like... RIGHT THERE.... your planning on turning it into some super monster the ships computer told you was the ultimate taboo, the one thing that must never be made... (we won't even ask why the computer was programmed to do it because it said itself making this creature was the ultimate no no. and at this point I've taken a dangerous dose of migraine meds...)

This was probably the first movie that I watched holding my head muttering "Am I having a stroke?? nothing is making sense anymore..."
People were right--this IS a thinking man's movie...you spend the entire movie thinking: "Why did they just do that?" and "Why did he just say that?" and "What does this even mean?"

I havent seen any of them. I really wanted to see Suicide Squad because the trailer looked like great fun but my husband said it was a steaming pile so I just didn't bother. Wanted to see Aquaman but I'm turned off by Amber Heard. To be honest, I didn't even know what DCEU meant until this board - I'm just not a comic fan. My teacher caught me with some horror comic when I was about 6, ripped it up infront of me and told me comics are only for illiterates. I was so traumatised I havent read a comic since.
You don't like Amber Heard? Give me five!

As for your teacher...wow...

I KNow. This board is making me realise what harpies my primary school teachers were. What a bitch.

I liked amber heard in The Danish Girl (didn't even know who she was at the time) but she doesnt get much screen time. Found out who she was when that self entitled hollyweed brat and her husband smuggled their dogs into my freaking country gopddamnit. We take our quarantine protocols here very seriously. I'm still pissed off about that, then the mockery video. Urgh I'm winding myself up. We have a damn good reason for the strictest biosecurity regs in the world.

Rant over.

I might still check it out because of the aus film industry involvemnt. Still, I saw Amber in the trailer of that movie that's never going to see the light of day where she plays a femme fatale...and she looks like a street walking barbie doll putting on the sass. I also rewatched a bit of zombieland to see why I couldnt remember her. I didnt remember her from it because she cant act.

I KNow. This board is making me realise what harpies my primary school teachers were. What a bitch.

I liked amber heard in The Danish Girl (didn't even know who she was at the time) but she doesnt get much screen time. Found out who she was when that self entitled hollyweed brat and her husband smuggled their dogs into my freaking country gopddamnit. We take our quarantine protocols here very seriously. I'm still pissed off about that, then the mockery video. Urgh I'm winding myself up. We have a damn good reason for the strictest biosecurity regs in the world.

Rant over.

I might still check it out because of the aus film industry involvemnt. Still, I saw Amber in the trailer of that movie that's never going to see the light of day where she plays a femme fatale...and she looks like a street walking barbie doll putting on the sass. I also rewatched a bit of zombieland to see why I couldnt remember her. I didnt remember her from it because she cant act.
To be honest, I never even heard of her until that whole fiasco with Johnny Depp and her alleged "abuse" which I'm quite skeptical of, but maybe that's another story for a different thread.

So, what are some of the superhero movies you HAVE watched and do you enjoy any of the ones you've watched?

Recently

Deadpool and Dr Strange I thought were great fun. The Avengers I really liked but havent seen the sequel. Dark Knight and sequels I thought were very entertaining. Iron Man and xmen movies I liked (up until the wolverine movie shot in japan and aus - i thought that was a nosedive).

Recently

Deadpool and Dr Strange I thought were great fun. The Avengers I really liked but havent seen the sequel. Dark Knight and sequels I thought were very entertaining.
Deadpool and Dr. Strange were great. I was surprised by both--especially Dr. Strange.
Avengers: Age of Ultron was, in my opinion, a letdown. I wasn't crazy about it. I'd still recommend watching it as it DOES have some good moments, but I personally feel that it was inferior to the first Avengers film.
Ironically, the only Nolan Batman film that I enjoyed was Batman Begins. I didn't care for The Dark Knight or Rises, to be honest.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Civil War are great, if you ask me. I'd highly advise watching those.

You don't like Amber Heard? Give me five!
I can go one better than that: I have no idea who Amber Heard is.

C'mon. This clearly should've read "Never Heard of her." Or some such variation, like Amber "Never" Heard "Of Her."

She's a dog smuggling twit, a liar and an airhead.
Johnny Depp's ex piece of fluff.

Deadpool and Dr. Strange were great. I was surprised by both--especially Dr. Strange.
Avengers: Age of Ultron was, in my opinion, a letdown. I wasn't crazy about it. I'd still recommend watching it as it DOES have some good moments, but I personally feel that it was inferior to the first Avengers film.
Ironically, the only Nolan Batman film that I enjoyed was Batman Begins. I didn't care for The Dark Knight or Rises, to be honest.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Civil War are great, if you ask me. I'd highly advise watching those.
My husband really liked captain america. I was away that weekend so probably wont watch it any time soon if he doesnt want a rewatch.

C'mon. This clearly should've read "Never Heard of her." Or some such variation, like Amber "Never" Heard "Of Her."
I do despise missed opportunities. This moment will be forever preserved in my bitter memories. It's as if it's encased in Amber.

Ugh. That didn't help things at all.

I do despise missed opportunities. This moment will be forever preserved in my bitter memories. It's as if it's encased in Amber.

Ugh. That didn't help things at all.
This is your awful joke, entombed for all to see, forever:

That deserves a beer icon but they don't have one here.
Yoda, do you have a suggestion bin? If so, I'd like to recommend that one emoticon that shows two smiley emoticons clinking beer glasses together. They look just like the emojis here. I think they'd fit in nicely.

This might just do nobody any good.
I really disliked Deadpool. Just not my cup of tea. I thought Age of Ultron was crap. There seems to have been a lot of different visions (heh) clashing behind the scenes and it shows. Whedon's direction is outright bad in it.

Funny enough I liked Doctor Strange more than Civil War. Funny because Strange is the more generic of the two, story wise.