Best 50 Films seen by Kaizer

Tools    

I thought id start one of these to basically say thanks to all you MOFOS, who have given great reviews and recommendations. I'm only 20 but i hope we can relate in love of film! HERES MY TOP 50

50. Jaws (1975)
Simply put one of the best "monster" films , its so rich in story line and characters that the "monster" isn't the most important thing. Roy Sheider shines.

49. Shaun of the Dead(2006)
One of the funniest british flicks ive ever seen , great parody on the horror. Very original.

48. Children of Men(2006)
Clive Owen is so brilliant in this , one of the most original concepts ive ever seen put to film. Alfonso Cuaron is quite a visionary.

47. Jean de Florette/Manon of the Spring(1986)
A very touching story, this movie got me into french cinema.

46. Taking Woodstock(2009)
In summer of 1969 500,000 people experienced 3 days of paradise, this is a story of one of them. I wish i was there.

45. The Weatherman(2005)
Nic Cage has been receiving alot of hate lately, but this truly is a underrated gem. Dark humor is fantastic.

44. Rachel Getting Married(2008)
Anne Hatheway was incredible. So moving and sad.

43. The Vengence Trilogy(2002,2003,2005)
Sympathy for Mr Vengence , Oldboy , Sympathy for Lady Vengence are all great. Got me into Asian Cinema.

42. 2001: A Space Odyssey(1968)
What can i say that hasn't been said already, i loved it. Kubrick is a genius.

41. The Dark Knight(2008)
The greatest super hero movie ever made , it plays like a 70s cop movie yet its a super hero movie and its awesome. Heath Ledger deserved oscar.

40. Awakenings(1990)
Such a magical story, the scene where robert de niro dances with the girl made me tear up.

39. Donnie Darko(2001)
A weird movie that never gets boring, Suspense is great.

38. Se7en(1995)
Kevin Spacey uncredited??????? "Detective!!!"

37.Let the Right One In(2008)
A great vampire flick, none of this twilight ****. The overall tone is fantastic

thanks, im not much of a reviewer but ill try to write how i felt about it or use a quote. MORE TO COME!

36.The Secret in their Eyes(2009)
Awesome thriller, very deserving of its oscar, ending is powerful.

35. Once upon a time in the West(1968)
"Your friends have a high mortality, Frank."

34. Apocalypse Now(1979)
3 Hours of greatness.

33. The Fugitive(1993)
One of the best thrillers of the 90s.

32. Le Samorai(1967)
The thing that i loved most about this movie is the pace. I can't beleive it was in made in '67.

31. The Usual Suspects(1995)
Kevin Spacey at it again,One of the best endings ever. "the greatest trick the devil ever pulled is convincing the world he didn't exist".

30. Annie Hall (1977)
This movie made me fall in love with Woody Allen.
"Alvy's analyst: How often do you sleep together?
Annie's analyst: Do you have sex often?
Alvy: Hardly ever, maybe three times a week.
Annie: Constantly, I'd say three times a week"

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Good start to your list.

Some films there I love - Fugitive, Donnie Darko, Jaws etc along with some that I've not seen but are interested in seeing.

Just out of interest why did you choose 50 instead of 100? Was it just the amount of work it takes or did you not feel you had seen enough films that were worthy of being included in a top 100 list?

I figured if I'm going to compose a top 100 , that 100 better be great films , and I haven't seen 100 great films just yet. So i picked 50 that are worthy, in my opinion of course.

29. Fantastic Planet (1973)
The craziest animated movie i've ever seen. I'm a sucker for originality and this is it.

28. The Good, The Bad , The Weird (2008)
If Quentin Tarantino was asian and directed a western, this is the result.

27. Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
I refer to this as the Indian Forrest Gump.

26. Indiana Jones Trilogy (1981,1984,1989)
I say trilogy because i felt the fourth was redundant.Best Adventure movie ever.

25. Leon: The Professional (1994)
Natalie Portman , Gary Oldman , Jean Reno , is there anything left to say?

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Love The Good, The Bad and The Weird and the Indiana Jones trilogy. If only the 4th Indy was as much fun and adventurous as The Good, The Bad and the Weird.

I recorded Fantastic Planet a while back but haven't got round to watching it yet. Will need to give it a go

Yea i hear ya on the 4th indy jay , and Fantastic Planet is well... FANTASTIC. Delay no further sir, its a flick worth watching.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I love the fugitive!