Anyone know about Night's next film?

Tools    

Has anyone seen or heard anything about the next film of his?

Originally Posted by WarpedStrawberry
Has anyone seen or heard anything about the next film of his?
I read somewhere (an interview posted somewhere?--can't remember) where he briefly mentioned being interested in an Agatha Christie-type of whodunit. But I haven't seen anything more than that. I'm sure he's up to something, though. He's pretty prolific....(However, news travels very slowly in Indiana. We're still awaiting results of the 2000 presidential election. I have a really bad feeling about the money I invested in "John Kerry Wins!" T-shirts.......)

Originally Posted by sandyintheburbs
I read somewhere (an interview posted somewhere?--can't remember) where he briefly mentioned being interested in an Agatha Christie-type of whodunit. But I haven't seen anything more than that. I'm sure he's up to something, though. He's pretty prolific....(However, news travels very slowly in Indiana. We're still awaiting results of the 2000 presidential election. I have a really bad feeling about the money I invested in "John Kerry Wins!" T-shirts.......)

I hope you didn't invest too much there Sandy.

I recently read a book on M.Night's process of making Lady in the Water. It delves into the problems he faced and how many people told him NOT to make this film. Thus, him bringing it to Warner Bros. The author mentions somewhere in the book about Night's thoughts toward a new idea for his next story.

In the bonus features of the Signs DVD, Night says that during the writing of one script, he developes ideas for his next story. I think he's experienced what does work and sell and what does not so well. The ideas he was forming while creating LITW, should balance both of these. I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

Originally Posted by WarpedStrawberry
I hope you didn't invest too much there Sandy.

I recently read a book on M.Night's process of making Lady in the Water. It delves into the problems he faced and how many people told him NOT to make this film. Thus, him bringing it to Warner Bros. The author mentions somewhere in the book about Night's thoughts toward a new idea for his next story.

In the bonus features of the Signs DVD, Night says that during the writing of one script, he developes ideas for his next story. I think he's experienced what does work and sell and what does not so well. The ideas he was forming while creating LITW, should balance both of these. I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.
Oh, you must be talking about The Man Who Heard Voices. I read that, too, but I don't remember the author mentioning future projects. I know I did read somewhere that while MNS is working on one project, he has ideas forming for the next one, which sounds pretty normal for a writer.

I'm pretty interested to see what he comes up with next, also. I'd really like to see him kick some box office bootie (booty?), because I like his films, and I can't stand seeing the critics as smug about reaming a film as they were with LITW. Also, to be honest, "Unbreakable" still is my favorite, and I'd like to see if he can top it.