Movies that you generally hated but others believe they are great

Tools    

There are a lot of movies I hate and feel that aren't even putting an effort to waste time money and film. But then the critics love it and say it's great and you think their crazy . One film that was made such an overhype was any stupid films by Queen Latifah (she made a film and I don't even remember it but it was sooo anoying!) or stupid movies such as Honey, why even bother. It's not even reflective of anyone's opionion or culture ; their movies that are such a waste. Here is the case as well as Gigli, why even make that film ?? why make films where singers turn actors can't act; It doesn't even make sense, and then they put out the trailer that seem as if it's going to be anything worthwhile.

Waste of anything good, that's what I hate. Even the Titanic, they made such a fuss over a movie that could of been done it thirty minutes or less. Waste ; waste and more waste.

Donnie darko
Any teen flic set in a highschool
Jeppers creepers
And who ever tought titanic derserved even one oscar should be shot

Titanic is really the only one I can think of and it wasn't that I hated it, it just didn't hold my interest.

Oh yeah, Finding Nemo.

I am having a nervous breakdance
A Beautiful Mind. Sorry Brian...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The Lord of the Rings movies.
15 years ago, A mop boy named Melvin Junko fell into a case full of toxic waste and became a hideously deformed creature of superhuman size and strength, he became... The Toxic Avenger, the first superhero from New Jersey! Then came two shitty sequels, sorry about that. This is the real sequel.

i hated punch drunk love.
and 8 mile

Man Hunter
Taxi Driver
Titanic
Home Alone

Put me in your pocket...
*****Warning...Spoilers and strong opinions within my list*****

Moulin Rouge ~ Sorry Brian, Blibbly, Sis, Nikki, and Silver
The only thing I liked through out this were the costumes. I hated the music...the loud and garrish sets (at first I liked them, then after awhile they were screaming at me), didn’t go for or believe the romance (which surprised me since I normally like romances), couldn’t get over Nicole belting out a song before she dies. By the end I couldn’t wait till it was over. I liked the 1952 version of Moulin Rouge (with José Ferrer as Toulouse-Lautrec and the focus of the story around him) so much better.

Dancer in the Dark ~ Sorry Brian, Holden and Silver
I’ve talked about it before on the thread for this movie so I won’t re~hash my sentiments. Piddy where are you?

Y Tu Mama Tambien ~ Sorry Beale and anyone else who liked this.
Yet another teenage cumming of age story trying to be a bigger movie than it is. First off...I needed a reason to care about the two superficial, self-centered, self absorbed, sex crazed teenage boys...and it failed miserably. There were a couple of times the characters could have been given some real depth, but they remained superficial. Towards the end I felt the story of the fisherman and his wife would have been so much more interesting (especially when we find out their fate by the narrator). This movie could have been so much more than it was.

Adaptation~ Sorry Everyone
Loved the beginning and middle...absolutley hated the last part. First with Meryl getting into the drug from the flower...then the alligator...then the death, then what happens to Meryl’s character at the end. It ruined the entire movie for me.

Punch Drunk Love ~ Sorry to all the men of MoFo.
I know it was well done and I didn’t ‘hate’ it....but the story just didn’t work for me.

Like Water for Chocolate. ~ Sorry critics who loved this
Well done, but there’s alot I just didn’t like about this....like the lead male actor and character. I couldn’t understand what two women (sisters) saw in this man. Why on earth would they not only pine away for him...but destroy their sisterly relationship over him. He wasn’t worth it. I also hated alot of things that happened in the ending.

Also....and pleeeease don’t whack me...but, I’m on a roll so......
Lost in Translation....
Don’t get me wrong... I liked it, but I didn’t love it the way everyone seems to adore it. I liked the first half of the movie tremendously, then it fell apart for me in the middle and the end. I liked the ending scene were they part though.

Originally Posted by 7thson
Taxi Driver

This one suprises me. Why didn't you like it?

Star Wars (sorry everyone who love it), i got very little out of it.
Titanic (sorry again) i just can't stand that movie
The Beach (sorry) just a complete mess of a movie
Velvet Goldmine (sorry) too weird for my taste

legally blonde.....why did they bother with a sequel? the first was bad enough.

Titanic
Gone With the Wind
Punch Drunk Love
Evita
Moulin Rouge
Planet of the Apes

And any Elvis Presley movie…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn

Planet of the Apes
Original, remake, or what?

The remake was awful.

Sorry... I meant the remake... it was awful...
Okay, good. I was hoping you liked the first one.

I ate all your bees.
Punch Drunk Love - Just didn't work for me. Still I can appreciate its uniqueness.
Titanic - Does anybody like this anymore? I think most of the teenage girls who saw it 11 times have lost their passion for Leo.
A Clockwork Orange - Hated it.

You ready? You look ready.
You could do this thread reversed too. "Movies that you generally loved but others believe they are trash."
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by Tea Barking
Donnie darko
I hate you.

Originally Posted by Garrett
Titanic
I hate you.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
A Beautiful Mind
I hate you.

Originally Posted by Citezen Toxie
The Lord of the Rings movies.
I hate you.

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
i hated punch drunk love.
I hate you.

Originally Posted by 7thson
Taxi Driver
I hate you.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Moulin Rouge, Dancer in the Dark, Adaptation, Punch Drunk Love, Lost in Translation.
Have my baby and call me Randy.

Originally Posted by quiball
Star Wars
I hate you.

Originally Posted by susan
memento and a simple plan
I hate your sweater.

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
Frida
Well, okay.

Punch Drunk Love and Moulin Rouge
I can’t hate you, but I’m not going to add any more of your pictures to my shrine. Take that!

Originally Posted by Sidewinder
A Clockwork Orange
Die Foul Demon!

PS: I don't really hate any of you, except
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."