Similarities in Disney movies

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I have just stumbled upon this video and cannot believe the simaliraties in Disney Movies but I find it quite cool.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Disney animation went through a really rough period during the 1960s and 1970s. Those were definitely the weakest flicks they ever made, probably everything after The Jungle Book (1967) through The Rescuers (1977), and many of those flicks (The Aristocats, Robin Hood too) were just rehashes with little creativity (Disney died in 1966). You can't really call it rotoscoping, but it's a lot more than similarities because it IS exactly the same choreography undoubtedly aided and abetted by non-human hand. It's a bit troubling to see Beauty and the Beast lift the dancing from Sleeping Beauty, but Sleeping Beauty lifted from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, so I can accept that easier, I guess.

I have just stumbled upon this video and cannot believe the simaliraties in Disney Movies but I find it quite cool.

I don't know about the newer, more up-to-date Disney movies, since I haven't watched any of them, but I do agree that there's a definite similarity in most, if not all of the older Disney movies, particularly the animated ones.

Freaky. Probably had the same animators working on several of the movies, though I know "snow white" is quite old and some are a lot more recent. Fun to watch though, thanks for posting!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'll need to take a look at this video when I get home tonight. Reading through some of these posts, my interest is peaked.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I thought it was very cool I have known for a long time about the dance at the end of Cinderella and Beauty and the beast were similar I didnt really know how similar they were.

I saw this video a few weeks ago, and yeah, pretty freaky...and, as TUS implied, it's definitely a lot more than a simple similarity. It's a direct, wholesale lift in some cases.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Rescuers Down Under and The Black Cauldron aren't musicals. Fantasia is wall-to-wall classical music but the only song is "Ave Maria" which an off-screen voice sings.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
There is a new 2d Disney movie coming out called The Princess And The Frog.

Maybe I should put this in the Upcoming movie section, but I havent checked if there is a thread on the movie yet.

I thought it was very cool I have known for a long time about the dance at the end of Cinderella and Beauty and the beast were similar I didnt really know how similar they were.
True, but regarding similarities between Disney movies, I'm inclined to believe that Sleeping Beauty and Snow White have some even more striking similarities between them, not only regarding the dancing in the end, but the very story behind both of these particular Disney movies runs along the same lines: Sleeping Beauty and Snow White, both beautiful princesses, born to beautiful queens, and jealous, evil hags casting spells on the princesses, causing them to fall into a deep sleep, from which they're both awakened by handsome princes who're attracted to their beauty even in sleep, and marrying them.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
True, but regarding similarities between Disney movies, I'm inclined to believe that Sleeping Beauty and Snow White have some even more striking similarities between them, not only regarding the dancing in the end, but the very story behind both of these particular Disney movies runs along the same lines: Sleeping Beauty and Snow White, both beautiful princesses, born to beautiful queens, and jealous, evil hags casting spells on the princesses, causing them to fall into a deep sleep, from which they're both awakened by handsome princes who're attracted to their beauty even in sleep, and marrying them.
Yes I know what you are saying but what my point was that I have always noticed a very similar dance routine at the end of Cinderella and Beauty and the beast, and if you look in the video I posted you can see that they are infact the same dance, just like everything else in the video has be re-used.

My point was that I spotted the similarity a few years back when I saw both movies again.

Can't really blame Disney for that though can you? That's the story. It's not a Disney original y'know.