MoFo Turns 16, Gets a Job

Tools    

The mix of self-deprecating, self-aggrandizing, and exceedingly kind posts in this thread is a perfect microcosm for the site as a whole. Thanks guys.
Which one am I?

I do have a couple of test shirts around here from years ago, but back then the options were pretty crappy. I've had some decent experiences with custom shirts since, though, so it's possible it'd be a lot more viable, if you guys are genuinely interested.

I do have a couple of test shirts around here from years ago, but back then the options were pretty crappy. I've had some decent experiences with custom shirts since, though, so it's possible it'd be a lot more viable, if you guys are genuinely interested.
I would buy one tomorrow

Happy Birthday Movie Forums! Live Long and Prosper! Hopefully the trek is only begun.

Congrats! Well done. 16, eh? How many years is that in internet years?

Also I'll buy a shirt. Something subtle with just the Mofo logo that's in the top left corner. For sure. Make it so!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Lemme get back to you guys on the shirt thing. It'd be very easy to slap something pretty good together, but I'm tempted to hire out for a shirt-specific design or something...

Thanks for running this site, I've not been here long, but I've picked up tens of tips to watch movies and tv which I enjoyed and have gained a load of movie knowledge. Which is all I ever asked of it to be honest.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Congratulations Yoda for the best forum of the Internet, and thank you everyone for being parte of it!

I'd definitely buy one of those shirts!

Hell Yeah!

Yes, another year has come and gone.

This is a big one: not because 16 is a particularly round number, but because at some point between this anniversary and the last one (I haven't calculated exactly which day), I'd been running this site over half my life. More days running MoFo than not. Crazy, right?

I know this isn't literally the longest-running forum on the Internet, but when you exclude amorphous things like newsgroups and stick just to things that are in the same basic format they were from the beginning, the list of sites that have been around this long has got to be pretty short.

Anyway, I talked a bit about this exact topic, and the challenges and benefits of running a forum for such a long time, in a podcast about online communities a few weeks ago.

Thanks again to everyone for being a part of this: the biggest, most important part.
Congrats and welcome, man...! I know I've also been a pain, but it's getting better (both the forum (not that it has ever been anything short of great) and myself). I think i'll apologize for one last time now.

Not even a year for me...but soon enough.

I was here from the start!!!!!!!!

...or not.

Congrats MoFo and the MoFo MacDaddy, Yoda!

*Your father I am*

What you do here involves detail-oriented work that I couldn't even begin to imagine, but you do it quietly and efficiently without fanfare so that the rest of us have a place to talk about what we love. Congratulations on 16 years and hope the second 16 is a lot easier.
There. She read my mind.

Lemme get back to you guys on the shirt thing. It'd be very easy to slap something pretty good together, but I'm tempted to hire out for a shirt-specific design or something...
And use a good quality shirt too. I'll pay extra for that.

Bump. I have a link saved to this page to remind myself about the shirts. Are people serious about wanting some? Based on some research I did for our softball team, my guess is anything of decent quality would end up being around $20 (that's zero markup from me, FWIW).

If several people are sure they'd be into it, I can look into some designs. They'd probably be relatively straightforward, unless everyone would vastly prefer something other than centered graphics, in which case I could try to find a place that does them all over the shirt, or what have you.