The 10th Mofo Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
GBG should join us

I would love to, but my schedule won't allow it right now. We've been having major power problems at my co-op, and I think our entire co-op is running on a generator right now, so I've been unable to use my computer during the day, and I've been doing my daytime work at night. (This has been a terrible month for us. )

I'm going to try to watch the movies if I can, and join in on the discussions if possible, but until they figure out what's going on here, (a manhole exploded about a week ago, and they still haven't found the cause of it), I can't guarantee finishing the HoF, and I don't want to become a dropout.

Hopefully we'll be up and running again soon, and if possible, I'm planning to join the upcoming Noir HoF.

Thanks GBG, your presences will be missed But I know you haven't posted much at all lately. I hope you can get your power situation fixed before the Noir hof starts.

Friendly Mushroom said he's joining! There's still time to join, until Saturday.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Miss Vicky, get in here and nominate Bubba Ho-Tep. I just watched it so that will give me a head start on watching . Or Hedwig, you're always trying to get people to watch that!

I PMed Miss Vicky some time ago and personally invited her to the 10th. And I only directly PMed a very few people. My reason was like what Raul said, I wanted more interaction and more opinions, and thought MV would help with that.

It seems in the last few Hofs people have stopped interacting and debating the movies. I mean, we all do a write up (well not all of us) and only occasional does a good healthy discussion start up. I read all of the old Hofs and they use to be much more lively with members directly talking to each other. I would like to see that happen again, that's why I join Hofs to have some meaningful discussion, or just fun talk too.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
They're not interacting because they've all dropped out . I seem to recall a bit of lively debate over Brief Encounter in the last HoF...

They're not interacting because they've all dropped out . I seem to recall a bit of lively debate over Brief Encounter in the last HoF...
True. I think that was about the only discussion we had.

Anyways, that's why I don't join. Not because I don't want discussion, but because I know I probably can't watch all the films let alone discuss and review them. I love the HoFs, but they need proper attention if I would do one again.

I hope this HoF will have some proper discussions - or else it's the host's fault.

You were professional about the discussion too, which made it enjoyable to talk about

True. I think that was about the only discussion we had.

Anyways, that's why I don't join. Not because I don't want discussion, but because I know I probably can't watch all the films let alone discuss and review them. I love the HoFs, but they need proper attention if I would do one again.

I hope this HoF will have some proper discussions - or else it's the host's fault.
Ha, I'm trying!

I would love to watch and comment the movies if that's ok, but I won't join since I can't think about a movie that will blow everyone's mind
I would nominate Legally Blond 2 tbh.

I would love to watch and comment the movies if that's ok, but I won't join since I can't think about a movie that will blow everyone's mind
Tat, Yes that's OK, everyone who's not a member is still welcomed to pop in and talk, debate and watch the movies so please do

I would nominate Legally Blond 2 tbh.
It's nice that eveyone looks at each others favorites, but when they comment about it and make me realize they saw my favorites I feel so ashamed , not with Leagally Blonde 2 to be honest, this movie makes me proud to be a strong independent women.

I should rewatch it, what kind of person decide a movie is his favorite and doesn't rewatch it every month.

And thanks MM! It's awesome when you see someone that likes the movie you like too

Edit: I needed to add some pink fonts

I just sent my nom.

Also, just so you all know, I will be leaving for Notre Dame's Film Production track for Summer Scholars on Saturday so I won't be posting, nor watching the nominated films, until I get back on July 10th. Out of a lot of applicants, they only took 20 for each track. I just can't wait until this and show you the film I will be making!

I just sent my nom.

Also, just so you all know, I will be leaving for Notre Dame's Film Production track for Summer Scholars on Saturday so I won't be posting, nor watching the nominated films, until I get back on July 10th. Out of a lot of applicants, they only took 20 for each track. I just can't wait until this and show you the film I will be making!
How freaking cool is that. Have fun Mushroom, can't wait to see what you come up with. You planning on attending ND in that field?

How freaking cool is that. Have fun Mushroom, can't wait to see what you come up with. You planning on attending ND in that field?
I'm planning on double majoring in film and history when I go to college in 2017. Notre Dame is the best school I visited and though I made it into this summer track, I'm still borderline to get in the college with my ACT of a 32. Hopefully I will get a higher score when my third attempt is posted on the ACT website. Other colleges I'm considering are Vanderbilt (another reach school), Belmont, Miami of Ohio, OSU and Rochester. I'm also going to visit Vassar as my final college visit a week after I get back from ND.

Thanks for the encouragement Sean!

Rochester is very near my old stomping grounds. I worked at a camp two summers that was for Rochester kids, it was right outside the city. I was close to going to Brockport, a girl I was dating went there. Good luck wherever college takes you. Sounds like you have lots of opportunity.