Another School Shooting in America, is there an answer?

Tools    

I see. I don't know, but I have no trouble believing that's the case.45 mass shootings this year in the US so far apparently. I told you a few weeks ago that I was going to start that thread a few years back. I wonder how many posts I'd be up to now. That was one of the reasons I didn't do it. One of many, tbh.
I thought 45 was just the amount that have happened at a school?

I see. I don't know, but I have no trouble believing that's the case.45 mass shootings this year in the US so far apparently. I told you a few weeks ago that I was going to start that thread a few years back. I wonder how many posts I'd be up to now. That was one of the reasons I didn't do it. One of many, tbh.
Call it "The Countdown till Everybody in America is Dead Thread."

What would we be on now? #55?

The last survivors killed can be #1.

I hope I'm in the Top 10.

In this article they point it out in the second last paragraph.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...llege-shooting
By the FBI’s definition – four or more killed rather than four or more shot, a “mass murder” event rather than a “mass shooting” – there have been 45 such incidents this year, and 142 since Sandy Hook.

By the FBI’s definition – four or more killed rather than four or more shot, a “mass murder” event rather than a “mass shooting” – there have been 45 such incidents this year, and 142 since Sandy Hook.
45 falling under which one? Either way it's quite frightening.

I wish that were the case in this hopelessly bastardized rotten little island. Most of our politicians make Trotsky look like a Nazi.
I don't recognise your description of our country.

If guns are all that's wrong, then why the Hell have things been getting so bad in just the past couple of years?

Where was all this in the '80s, '90s and even a lot of the '00's? We had guns then, too.

It's not guns though, is it? I mean, if it was, then it really would be that easy. I still don't know that you'd do anything about it, but it'd be an easy fix. I think it's fairly obvious that restricting gun ownership would reduce the number of shootings/death/injuries from firearms, but how many of these type of attacks it'd stop I don't know.

Your first comment HK

Fabulous - I thought 45 was just the amount that have happened at a school?

Sorry, that's what I meant. Mass shootings at schools.

After asking for clarification, it turned out by the FBI's definition there has been 45 mass shootings in the US in the last year. Which means the 45 school shootings figure is bs. Unless your "mass shootings at schools" comment means something else now?

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
It's not guns though, is it? I mean, if it was, then it really would be that easy. I still don't know that you'd do anything about it, but it'd be an easy fix. I think it's fairly obvious that restricting gun ownership would reduce the number of shootings/death/injuries from firearms, but how many of these type of attacks it'd stop I don't know.
It certainly wouldn't prevent them entirely, but at the same time I just don't understand why they're not at least trying to implement restrictions or pretty much anything to prevent these from occurring, I fail to understand how a government that is meant to protect and serve the best interests of their citizens can just sit back and watch all of these massacres happening. I'll admit I could be wrong though, but that's how it feels.

do any of you people saying we shouldn't touch gun control have any ideas on how to stop these mass shootings or are we just gonna let these keep happening until they stop all by themselves?

Your first comment HK

After asking for clarification, it turned out by the FBI's definition there has been 45 mass shootings in the US in the last year. Which means the 45 school shootings figure is bs. Unless your "mass shootings at schools" comment means something else now?
Sorry, 45 school shootings this year, not all were "mass shootings".

Your first comment HK

Oh, I see. Yes, it's me who misunderstood that.

It certainly wouldn't prevent them entirely, but at the same time I just don't understand why they're not at least trying to implement restrictions or pretty much anything to prevent these from occurring, I fail to understand how a government that is meant to protect and serve the best interests of their citizens can just sit back and watch all of these massacres happening. I'll admit I could be wrong though, but that's how it feels.
We don't understand it because, frankly, I don't think we can. It's such a cultural difference that I don't think we'll ever really "get it."