Documentaries...the next Countdown List?

Tools    

The Documentary List?
59.65%
34 votes
Yes, I plan on joining.
17.54%
10 votes
No, I do not want to join.
22.81%
13 votes
I'm not sure.
57 votes. You may not vote on this poll

And who are the three that voted no? It's bad enough having a bunch of not sures here...

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Master of My Domain
I'd do it, but everyone seems to want Harry.

Oh Harry, Harry, Harry!!

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
And who are the three that voted no? It's bad enough having a bunch of not sures here...

I'm the forth that voted no.

Why not Loner out of interest?
I watch documentaries all the time. If that's is what you mean.

Then why did you vote no to taking part in the Countdown?
Because I don't want to take part in the countdown.

Can I ask why Destiny? Do you just not like many Documentaries?
I have bookshelves full of movies. I have bookshelves full of TV shows. I have bookshelves full of animation. I have one bookshelf full of Documentaries. I do watch them, and I have them on soooooo many subjects. I haven't a clue how I'd ever work out a list of just twenty five. We divide the movies by decade, or genre. That helps a whole lot.

Because I don't want to take part in the countdown.
It's pretty much what he said. Plus, as I've said before, a few different times on the board, I will not join any of these threads, countdowns, Hall of Fames, and then bail out. It's not my style, and I won't do it. Normally, I come in next to last, or dead last, but again, I do finish. Remember the 70's list, and the music video Holden posted, for the song 99? That was me. Dead last. I've been that way since my health went downhill so much. I do it in my everyday life, as well. It's not just here. It's also not who I normally am, but I'll have to get a lot healthier, before I can change any of that. Anyway, as far as your question goes, I have a really strong feeling I wouldn't pull it off this time. It's not my style to bail, so I'm not going to join in.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
There is no bailing. You either send in a list or you don't. No biggie. And that's probably about six months from now.

Welcome to the human race...
I voted yes, though my experience with the 1960s list makes me wonder if I'll be able to put together a satisfactory 25. I probably will, though.

I'm looking forward to this, but I do wonder if series are a good idea or not. Had we all seen lots of them I wouldn't have a problem, but if you've not seen the Life.. series or The World At War or something like that, that's a hell of a lot of time to devote to one nomination. We could do series and limit the number of episodes (say 6 or something) but then we have to decide on a number.

Being a movie site, I think making it documentary features only makes sense, but it does mean there's lots of documentaries that won't be on the list.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'd still want multi-part docs to be included even if the time difficulty is too much for some to check out for the first time. If they don't make the final list purely because of that then so be it - I'd rather that than have them excluded entirely.