All about the upcoming Live Action Musical Hall of Fame

Tools    

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Well, I've got 10 musicals in my mind. Now I have to keep working on it and deciding on what I would choose. I have an idea of which one I think may end up being my choice, but I am still considering the other ones, too. For right now, though, there is one that I am leaning towards.

Well I narrowed down my short list to about 25 movies. I just have to figure out how to narrow it down to one.
That is my problem. But here is where the problem comes in. Since I managed to cut it down to only 10, I thought I would be OK with making a decision. But then one movie, and another one, will pop into my head that I think would be pretty good also. And I want to keep this list to 10. So, I feel like I have to block the other movies that enter my mind because I have to eventually cut it down to just one. But it is just so hard!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
That is my problem. But here is where the problem comes in. Since I managed to cut it down to only 10, I thought I would be OK with making a decision. But then one movie, and another one, will pop into my head that I think would be pretty good also. And I want to keep this list to 10. So, I feel like I have to block the other movies that enter my mind because I have to eventually cut it down to just one. But it is just so hard!

I started out by deciding that I definitely want to nominate a classic musical, so I cut out all the modern musicals, (like Grease, Eddie and the Cruisers, The Idolmaker, Beyond the Sea, etc.). Then, I cut out some that I thought were too popular so most people have already seen them, (like Singin in the Rain), or movies that are lower on my list of favorites.

Now I have to figure out how to cut the list down even more.

Maybe we should each nominate two movies for this HoF?

That would make it a lot easier, wouldn't it?

I completely ignored all "modern" musicals except for one (which isn't all that modern anymore, I suppose). And I do have a total of two classics on there. The one is probably more universally seen than the other, but I still wanted to consider it. And the one that I am leaning towards isn't necessarily modern or old. It is somewhere in between. The rest are all older musicals. I am trying to narrow it down to one that others might enjoy. I tend to like a lot of musicals that other people just do not care for at all. Thus far, this hasn't been the easiest task. But I said I would do it and I will! I am determined!

If we only have a few members when this starts maybe we could each nominate two. But only if everyone was OK with that.

So for now, it's one musical nomination per person. It's good to have a back up choice, just in case your main nomination isn't excepted as being a musical. ( I doubt that would happen, I'm saying just in case)

Members of the Musical Hof so far:

Citizen Rules
GBGoodies
Destiny
Pussy Galore
Silent Vamp
Gideon
Thursday Next
Jiraffejustin

Who else wants to join?

Watch all of you nominate the same film. That would be funny.

I feel sure mine isn't known. Maybe not the other choice, either. I'm not so sure about that one.

I didn't think Eddie and the Cruisers was an actual musical. Yet just a movie about music.

If we only have a few members when this starts maybe we could each nominate two. But only if everyone was OK with that.

So for now, it's one musical nomination per person. It's good to have a back up choice, just in case your main nomination isn't excepted as being a musical. ( I doubt that would happen, I'm saying just in case)

I have about 25 backup choices, and I'm sure that they're all eligible.

Watch all of you nominate the same film. That would be funny.
Yes, that would be funny.

I didn't think Eddie and the Cruisers was an actual musical. Yet just a movie about music.
I thought Eddie and the Cruisers would be considered a musical because the characters sing the songs. They're not just background music.

But I guess it would be up to Citizen Rules if it would be eligible.

but I guess it would be up to Citizen Rules if it would be eligible.
You know, with that being said, I'm thinking that it might be OK to just let each person who runs a Hall of fame, come up with their own rules. What about that, folks?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'm interested but I don't know what doing a Hall of Fame entails, I've never been a part of one before. I do like musicals though. They're fun.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

You know, with that being said, I'm thinking that it might be OK to just let each person who runs a Hall of fame, come up with their own rules. What about that, folks?

I think that's pretty much the way it is now with some of the rules, but I think there are also some rules that are general rules for all HoFs.

As long as the rules are posted in advance so everyone knows what's expected of them, it should work out okay.

I'm interested but I don't know what doing a Hall of Fame entails, I've never been a part of one before. I do like musicals though. They're fun.

This HoF hasn't officially started yet, so I don't think it's time to send in your nomination yet, but you can start thinking about what movie to nominate, and when it starts, this is basically how it works.

Everyone who joins the HoF nominates one movie, (in this case it will be a musical movie), by sending your nomination to the person running the HoF, (in this case, it's Citizen Rules), and then we all have until a specific deadline, (which hasn't been set yet), to watch all the movies.

We discuss them as we watch them, (in no specific order), and then we rank the movies and send the ranked list to the person who started the HoF, (in this case, it's Citizen Rules), by private message. Then the votes will be totaled up, and the winner will be announced.

A lot of people, for example, consider "A Hard Day's Night" and "Purple Rain" musicals, too. I guess to a certain degree they are. I understand calling them musicals. But, personally, I think a musical is when someone just randomly goes into a song rather than is "performing" it. But if these would be considered, too, that is something to think about. Maybe I would have to change my list of options around then.

I agree. To me, a musical is when people break into singing their sentences, replies, whatever, instead of simply speaking. I'm cool with whatever he chooses, but it may help with our huge lists, to eliminate those.

Cool, that makes 8 so far.

As long as the rules are posted in advance so everyone knows what's expected of them, it should work out okay.
I will post the guideline rules when I make the official thread. Plus I will talk about them here too.

A lot of people, for example, consider "A Hard Day's Night" and "Purple Rain" musicals, too. I guess to a certain degree they are. I understand calling them musicals. But, personally, I think a musical is when someone just randomly goes into a song rather than is "performing" it.
I agree...movies with songs where the characters perform the song as a band, aren't going to be traditional musicals so won't be in.

A Hard Day's Night, Purple Rain, The Wall, This is Spinal Tap
would not be eligible. I haven't seen Eddie the Cruisers but based on what I read it sounds like a movie where a band performs it's songs, so no it wouldn't be eligible.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I agree...movies with songs where the characters perform the song as a band, aren't going to be traditional musicals so won't be in.

A Hard Day's Night, Purple Rain, The Wall, This is Spinal Tap
would not be eligible. I haven't seen Eddie the Cruisers but based on what I read it sounds like a movie where a band performs it's songs, so no it wouldn't be eligible.
So would the Blues Brothers be not considered a musical? It has elements of both...