Mofo Movie List

→ in
Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
You didn't fail.

You have a great idea. The only negative thing is allowing closed-minded people to limit what we can choose to nominate. I think you should keep doing this, but make all feature films eligible. Anybody who chooses not to watch something won't be punished, so I don't see why they'd have a problem with it.

MovieGal - you're doing a tremendous job. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

MovieGal it's your Watch List you can do what you want.

But I take issue with this:
If I allow us to eliminate a certain genre due to some people.
WTF! I never suggested to you that you exclude foreign or extreme horror. That was all your idea! You messaged me with this idea for a Watch List with no foreign films, no extreme horror. It was your idea! And you need to own up to that.

You owe me an apology.

WTF! I never suggested to you that you exclude foreign or extreme horror. That was all your idea! You messaged me with this idea for a Watch List with no foreign films, no extreme horror. It was your idea! And you need to own up to that.

You owe me an apology.
I am sorry, and I just send you a message.

You owe me an apology.
She owes you an apology because of how she wrote something? Wow. She excluded that stuff and is still excluding extreme horror out of courtesy to you, among some others. Why don't you return that courtesy instead of arguing with her?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

You owe me an apology.

I agree. Some people think that we asked for those genres to be excluded, but we didn't. That was your idea, not ours.

Now you're allowing other people to bully you into changing the rules after they signed up knowing those rules.

I am sorry, and I just send you a message.
You need to explain to everyone that I and GBG NEVER TOLD YOU to exclude foreign or extreme films. That was your idea. You've made it sound to everyone like we twisted your are and thats ****ed! Now you made a mess of this, so fix it.

Let the night air cool you off
You need to explain to everyone that I and GBG NEVER TOLD YOU to exclude foreign or extreme films. That was your idea. You've made it sound to everyone like we twisted your are and thats ****ed! Now you made a mess of this, so fix it.
That's bullsh*t. She never said anything like that, to my knowledge. It was just obvious who that rule was in place for, and I challenged it. If anything I am the one that made it seem that way. Now quit being a dick to her, man.

Originally the idea was to be with the Mofo Horror Crew but I thought I would bring it to everyone. I was the one who decided not to bring those in (Foreign Language or Extreme Cinema) after talking with several members, not just GBGoodies or Citizen Rules. There is a long conversation in the Mofo Chill Club about this. This was my full decision. It was my idea! I can take the blame but I was never rude to anyone or inconsiderate. But I get treated this way when I tried to accommodate everyone. I didnt even accommodate myself.

Im seriously thinking of dropping this idea because it got to out of hand. Thanks everyone... I appreciate what you did to me.

Im out of the night.

Citizen Rules and GBGoodies, if you think Im blaming this on you. Im not... ITS MY FAULT!

Yes, we're the ones bullying her.

Yes, you and (mostly) JJ. These were his earlier posts:

I'd be willing to run a broad, generalized "Watch List" if you don't mind, MG. I have an idea for one anyway, it'd be all encompassing without limitations on years or genres or country of origin. It'd be the same exact thing as this otherwise. I'd encourage everybody to give the movie a score out of ten, and then I'd take the average of each film and have them ranked like the IMDb top 250, except it'd be the MoFo top 250. This would take a few rounds to get up to 250, but it'd be worth it I think. Of course you can still watch and rank the movies after the week of that film's spotlight, but not before. I think that'd be dope.
I'd like to PM you about some stuff when you get off of work involving this thread and my idea of doing my own version of this. I don't want to step on your toes, so I'll discuss it with you before just doing it.

When he didn't get his way, he basically threatened to start his own watch list, which would have pulled people away from this one.

Just like when he didn't want a Sci-Fi Hall of Fame, he started an unscheduled Slasher HoF one day after the Sci-Fi HoF started, basically pulling several people away from that. (Both of you said you were planning to join the Sci-Fi HoF until he stepped on our toes with the Slasher HoF at the same time.)

So when he doesn't get his way, he just creates it, taking you and other people with him away from what he doesn't like.

MovieGal, I accept your apology. Thank you for making clear to everyone that it was your idea to exclude foreign and extreme horror...and that I and GBG had nothing to do with it.

Don't drop this idea or we will be blamed again for that. I am not taking crap from anyone!

So having an opinion and wanting a good idea to be an even better idea is bullying? No. Sorry, GB. JJ wasn't bullying her. No one was bullying anyone until Citizen decided to be rude to MovieGal.

If I leave its on my own accord.. No one is to be blamed but me.... I tried.. .I really did for it to work...

Originally the idea was to be with the Mofo Horror Crew but I thought I would bring it to everyone. I was the one who decided not to bring those in (Foreign Language or Extreme Cinema) after talking with several members, not just GBGoodies or Citizen Rules. There is a long conversation in the Mofo Chill Club about this. This was my full decision. It was my idea! I can take the blame but I was never rude to anyone or inconsiderate. But I get treated this way when I tried to accommodate everyone. I didnt even accommodate myself.

Im seriously thinking of dropping this idea because it got to out of hand. Thanks everyone... I appreciate what you did to me.

Im out of the night.

Citizen Rules and GBGoodies, if you think Im blaming this on you. Im not... ITS MY FAULT!

Thank you for this clarification. I don't think that you're blaming us. I think that other people are blaming us.

There's no reason for you to drop this idea because I already decided to drop out, so you guys can choose whatever movies you want.

Why are some people acting offended while their name was never even used?

MovieGal doesn't owe anyone an apology.
I'm personally pissed that MovieGal is being yelled at when she's done absolutely nothing but try and make everyone happy.

But I'm not going to argue with GB and Citizen about this anymore. They're not worth my time. Hopefully we can get a move on with this watch list and have some fun.

Maybe this all went over my head, I have no idea where citizen rules is coming from demanding an apology.
I never got the impression that anyones arm was being twisted here.

moviegal i think you've done a great job with this thread