Mofo Movie List

→ in
Tools    

sweet! i nominate westerns for exclusion
What, westerns are great though :/ I would say no romantic comedies before that.

I vote they all stay. I watched Hatchet. Toughen up, people. I mean really!!!

GB . . . Foreign Language Film (Non-whatever the hell you speak) film!

I guess that means everything's out.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I vote they all stay. I watched Hatchet. Toughen up, people. I mean really!!!

GB . . . Foreign Language Film (Non-whatever the hell you speak) film!

I guess that means everything's out.

That wasn't my rule. It was from the rules in the first post.

MOFO WATCH LIST

Rules and Regulations...

This will be an all genre film. I know some of the members do not like foreign language films, so please select an English speaking film. We can do a "Foreign Language" Watch List separately.

I would like to add NO EXTREME CINEMA!

There will be other watch lists created for Foreign Language (Non-English), Horror, Exploitation, Cult and Extreme Cinema. This current running Watch List is All Genre but please be consider to your fellow Mofos. I want everyone to have fun and enjoy their film watching experience.

GB, I thought that was an obvious joke. I do that often. I'm not going to be rude about this stuff. I won't. However, i will say that the only reason some of these films have been removed, is because of a certain few that hate them. These specific movies will hardly ever get named, and with about 30 movies being involved, no one will be removed from this, if they simply lay out of a selected few movies. If that is a rule, it shouldn't be. This all needs to be discussed.

I hate most gore. I refuse to watch movies like Saw, Hostile, etc . . . but I don't think I should force those type films out of this setup. I'm not saying you did, either. I just feel like if those type movies are allowed, you will leave. I think that this is what MovieGirl was trying to prevent.

I like my idea, and seeing as how there are a ton of movies to watch, plus the ongoing Hall of Fame threads, I think it should be considered. I vote that anyone who wants to be involved in this, but may lay out of a few that they know they don't like, will not be kicked out of this. They can stay in. I'm not sure why it matters, anyway. Yes, someone only watches ten of the thirty films, but still get to suggest a film. So, don't watch it. I personally don't get bothered by such simple things.

Post some opinions, people.

Let the night air cool you off
My opinion is that everything should be allowed, unless we are trying to explore a certain theme or something like that, which I wouldn't be against. I just think it's more interesting if we have more options to choose from.

Yes, and having a specific decade, well, close to, narrows it down a lot. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to say anything goes with the movie selections, but for each decade, instead of how the voting poll is now. There's thirty years on the first choice, and twenty years each choice, until the present. The last selection on the voting poll is obviously very close to fifteen years.

I'm not trying to change it all on her, and give her more work. I just want it to be totally fair. The only way I see that as possible, is to dump any rules about missing out on movie viewing.

Post some opinions, people.

I'm sure that some of you won't like this, but you asked for opinions, so I'm giving my opinion.

I think that some of you are being very selfish. You have had numerous horror tournaments and other threads recently, and you've practically taken over the forum with horror movies, but now that this is starting and you've been asked not to include any extreme cinema, you're still complaining about it.

I understand that you guys like those types of movies, but it would be nice if you would show some consideration once in a while for those of us who don't like those types of movies.

You can have a specific horror version later. MG even posted "There will be other watch lists created for Foreign Language (Non-English), Horror, Exploitation, Cult and Extreme Cinema." in the opening post, but that wasn't enough for you. You still feel the need to spoil this for others.

It's not as if every person is going to nominate something extreme or foreign, so it's not like you would be skipping every round. So what's the deal? I don't even mind the "extreme" thing, because I don't know what the hell "extreme" is. It's the "foreign" thing that bugs me. Why differentiate there?

The rule excluding non-English language film states "some members do not like foreign language films," but there are multiple types and styles of films that members around here do not like outside of that. I don't get why that is the one we decide to avoid when that should be embraced as an option. If this was an exercise to explore Classic Hollywood, Pre-Code, New Hollywood, or American Independent films or something like that then I'd understand.

I don't think I am the one being selfish, I am not advocating limitations here, you are.

There have been non-English films in just about every HoF and tournament, but just this once, MG tried to make this fun for everyone by excluding them, and you're having a hissy-fit about it.

She even said that there would be a specific non-English films watch list done later for those of you who want to join it, but that's not good enough for you either.

I don't understand how it can spoil it for you, when all you have to do is not watch. I'm not even choosing one of these films. I'm sure you'll love my selection. I sure hope you're not calling me selfish, when all I'm trying to do is keep it as fair as possible. Won't each movie have it's own thread? So that would help with the whole thing, too. I'm not sure you should hold those other threads against them. Those were for horror. I am the one who brought the horror movie to the sci-fi thread, but then again, that has already been explained, as well. Is it truly such a bad thing to have to deal with, when all you have to do is avoid their movies? They can even be separated by many of the films you like.

There have been non-English films in just about every HoF and tournament, but just this once, MG tried to make this fun for everyone by excluding them, and you're having a hissy-fit about it.

She even said that there would be a specific non-English films watch list done later for those of you who want to join it, but that's not good enough for you either.
I don't want to split up English and non-English though. That's the point.

I don't understand how it can spoil it for you, when all you have to do is not watch. I'm not even choosing one of these films. I'm sure you'll love my selection. I sure hope you're not calling me selfish, when all I'm trying to do is keep it as fair as possible. Won't each movie have it's own thread? So that would help with the whole thing, too. I'm not sure you should hold those other threads against them. Those were for horror. I am the one who brought the horror movie to the sci-fi thread, but then again, that has already been explained, as well. Is it truly such a bad thing to have to deal with, when all you have to do is avoid their movies? They can even be separated by many of the films you like.

You don't understand because you like those movies, so you enjoy watching them.

What's the point in joining something like this if I have to keep skipping weeks because the movies are either horror or foreign? With the amount of people who like those movies, I'll end up skipping 8 out of every 10 movies.

You'll have a chance to explore those genres in future watch lists. What's the big deal? Don't you guys watch any other kinds of movies?

I don't want to split up English and non-English though. That's the point.

Yeah, but this Watch List wasn't created just for you. It's for everybody, and some of us would prefer that they were split up for a change. That's the point.

I will point out another reason why I believe all options should stay in. You keep bringing up the fact that these other films will get a thread later on. Yes they will. A very limited in members thread. This is easily the most active, one of these things has ever been. I use to bring up doing these way way way back when, but with using the chatroom. No posts, no way! It is finally happening, and with the bulk of the active members being involved. That is why I don't think limitations should be set.

Yeah, but this Watch List wasn't created just for you. It's for everybody, and some of us would prefer that they were split up for a change. That's the point.
And if it were to be put to a vote, I have a feeling most people wouldn't care if non-English films were allowed, especially if they could just skip them. Which they can. A better point.

You don't understand because you like those movies, so you enjoy watching them.

What's the point in joining something like this if I have to keep skipping weeks because the movies are either horror or foreign? With the amount of people who like those movies, I'll end up skipping 8 out of every 10 movies.

You'll have a chance to explore those genres in future watch lists. What's the big deal? Don't you guys watch any other kinds of movies?
I do not like most gore, and in that quote of mine, I said I am not even picking one of those films. Doesn't anyone around here read my entire posts?

On the one hand I think people should be able to participate without watching 'extreme' movies which I can only assume involves some kind of rape or graphic evisceration.

On the other hand I think an exercise like this should push you to expand your boundaries a little bit and watch some films you wouldn't normally pursue - such as a foreign language film.

All things considered, I think if you take a step back you'll find it much harder to type on the keyboard.