The Future of the Special Hof, a group decision.

Tools    

What special HoF should run next?
5.26%
1 votes
Run Musical HoF now
78.95%
15 votes
Run Sci-Fi HoF now
15.79%
3 votes
Run a different HoF now
19 votes. You may not vote on this poll

It's been almost a month since Godoggo last posted and longer than that since the planned Creature Feature HoF was to start. We have no idea if she will return or when so....

What special HoF do we run next?

The Musical HoF? Which was to go after the Creature Feature.

The Sci-Fi HoF? There had been some confusion with that one. I realized only last night that originally we had voted for a Sci-Fi Creature Feature B movie HoF, but then people asked for the Sci-Fi to be done separate from the Creature Feature......So we never actually had a chance to vote for just a Sci-Fi HoF and it seems a popular idea. So should that one go next?

Or do something different? I made a poll and will let it run a few days so we as a group can decide.

The Creature Feature was to have started some time ago and I hope it will run sometime when she returns (if she returns). I think it is only fair to Godoggo to hold it for her for at least awhile, but that's only my opinion. What do others think about that?

The Creature Feature was to have started some time ago and I hope it will run sometime when she returns (if she returns). I think it is only fair to Godoggo to hold it for her for at least awhile, but that's only my opinion. What do others think about that?
I don't think that's a bad idea. I won't vote because I am not going to participate in either but that seems like the way to go. Musicals seemed like a popular idea and I think someone was already on board to run it.

There wasn't anyone specified to run the Musical Hof. Godoggo had thought that Mistique wanted to do that but Mistique had said she couldn't;
I will message Mistique and give her this thread's link.

If there are several people who want to run the Musical HoF (if that is what is done next) then we should make it diplomatic and have a voting pole. I would like to see someone who has never had a chance to run a HoF be given the chance.

Let the night air cool you off
I'd be willing to join one of these regardless of the theme, as long as it's not a massive group of nominees like in the regular hall of fames. Something like 10 or less movies to watch and I'd be down.

A Horror Hall Of Fame would be cool, and easy to do. Most horror movies are just so bad, but the best ones, like Silence Of The Lambs & JAWS, are some of best movies of all time.

I'd be willing to join one of these regardless of the theme, as long as it's not a massive group of nominees like in the regular hall of fames. Something like 10 or less movies to watch and I'd be down.
I'm with JJ, except for the fact that it'll have to be a theme I like.

Swan do you like Sci-Fi? Musicals?

We had already voted on which special Hofs would run and in what order here:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=38165

It was to be Creature Feature, then Musicals and so on.

The Musical HoF was to be next. But the voting on the Sci-Fi one got messed up. So that's why it might also make sense to run a Sci-Fi one next. Guap had that one already planned and I'm sure he's ready to get it going, when we decide which Hof should be next.

A Horror Hall Of Fame would be cool, and easy to do. Most horror movies are just so bad, but the best ones, like Silence Of The Lambs & JAWS, are some of best movies of all time.
This is kind of funny to me...

One thing is that we just did a horror hof which you must how missed somehow, the other thing is you name two films which aren't even horror. Well done.

I'm sorry if I'm rude, but I just found this funny. Anyways, I would probably join a sci-fi hof if that was to happen.

This is kind of funny to me...

One thing is that we just did a horror hof which you must how missed somehow, the other thing is you name two films which aren't even horror. Well done.

I'm sorry if I'm rude, but I just found this funny. Anyways, I would probably join a sci-fi hof if that was to happen.
I personally consider Silence of the Lambs a suspense thriller, but how is Jaws not a horror movie? It's a creature feature, sure, but it's also a horror movie, and then some. They have tagged movies with so many genres these days, I don' t even bother worrying with how other people list them. I just list them how I feel.

It's an action, comedy, thriller, with a pinch of sci-fi. No *****!

I personally consider Silence of the Lambs a suspense thriller, but how is Jaws not a horror movie? It's a creature feature, sure, but it's also a horror movie, and then some. They have tagged movies with so many genres these days, I don' t even bother worrying with how other people list them. I just list them how I feel.

It's an action, comedy, thriller, with a pinch of sci-fi. No *****!
I just thought it was funny, personally, but I didn't mean to start a genre war of which nobody will ever get out of alive.

I see Jaws as a perfectly authentic bayside thriller drama, which may have a shark on their hands bigger than the biggest, but it is never portrayed or discussed as being something supernatural or unsual - other than unusually big of course. It is not a creature from some other world, it is a shark as we know it, and it is simply big...

And not that I always agree with the following site, but IMDb is after all the biggest and most popular movie site in the world, and they list the film as thriller, drama... We all see genres differently, but the way I categorize horror, Jaws simply doesn't fit.

It's pointless referring to IMDb genre listings. They list Team America: World Police as animation.

I agree. They have Dr. Strangelove listed as a comedy.

I swear I wasn't expecting today to be Bash Strangelove Day. It's just worked out like that. Sometimes I just get lucky.